• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Everton ***

I'm excited about the return of Kaboul and BAE but they will need to gain match fitness which will hamper us. It's difficult but we do need to look at key areas in January and add some depth.

Gallas has been brick all season, need Kaboul back big time or BAE back so Verts can move to CB.

BAE is supposedly back for next week at least.

That would be the best thing that could happen to our team. Gallas has cost us about 10 points this season so far which is an absolute joke. I can't stand the thought of him being anywhere near our team sheet.

I'm not having any of this chin up rubbish. When will we ever learn to kill a game off by passing the ball. It's happened too often for me to just say 'oh well' cos it's just not acceptable.

Huddlestone didnt work though. He was brought on to help us keep possession and he ended up with 58% pass success!
How he gets on ahead of Carroll or Livermore I dont know.

Huddlestone coming on led to our best period of the match. Once he was our shape seemed a lot better and we seemed to be everywhere we needed to be on the pitch.

Its a basic error from Caulker.. You learn when someone calls for it you leave it. You learn that as a Kid for Gods sake!

no excuses.. 2nd time he has done it and its not good enough

Don't think we can be too harsh on the team today, we nullified Everton for large spells and after we scored looked completely in control. We should never have lost once going ahead. The subs all worked and were good for the situation we were in.

Caulker fudged up, I knew as soon as he cleared that ball when Lloris called for it that Everton would score, because it always happens when a mistake is made as players are then out of position. The second goal was just a bit of a freak, Everton lumped it and got the bounce of the ball.

Really unlucky, an individual error but other than that a really good away performance against a really tough team.

What you're actually saying is that for once we did not get away with it!

Ultimately I think playing 442 today was a mistake. We struggled to get possession against their 3 man central midfield. Neither Defoe nor Adebayor had a good game. There no point having the two of them standing up their waiting for it when we can't get on the ball to ever get it to them.

What you're actually saying is that for once we did not get away with it!

Get away with what? Everton barely created anything because of our gameplan. We got a bit lucky with ours but so did they with their second. A point was a very fair reflection.

Papercut's right, Kaboul and BAE will take a while to settle in. We'll be seeing this defence for a while longer, so we'll probably have to bear it.

And it was a good performance, as thfcsteff and BrainofLevy point out. It was really a good performance ,all told. We completely nullified Everton and looked really comfortable for 89 minutes. Fellaini had his worst game yet, and the team looked solid, defense included.

Then we throw it away in four minutes of utter, utter madness. And that hurts more than if we'd been battered.

LLoris screamed for that ball but our defenders are not used to having a keeper behind them. Oh well.

What did he scream?

When I used to play, even in a kick about , the goalie in that situation would shout , keepers .

All I heard is a scream , similar to the one against West Ham .

We need to sort this .

Caulker hacking it away wasn't the key moment. Us hoofing it forward to a clearly disinterested Ade, and thundering it out without even bothering to contest possession.....those were key moments.

Caulker and Lloris have done this previously, and it cost us a goal then too. Problem is, it's not their fault. Caulker played with Lloris at Fulham, then Friedel against Pana, then Lloris again today. For a 20 year old centre-back still learning the ropes,that would undoubtedly be confusing.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

He should have left it, he needs to be adaptable and I don't think any excuses can be made for him. There was a massive shout and he fudged up. It cost us the game.

I just can't help that it's not just 3 points wasted though.

Sure, there are numerous games left in the league but we really need to get this good start. We are pretty much a new team. We have a new manager, a new system with a complete new style of players with Dempsey, Dembele, Vertonghen, Lloris starting. A win here today would have done A LOT more than see us go joint 3rd in the table, it does A LOT more then sends out a message to other teams. It installs confidence. Not many teams have gone to Goodison and got a win. Man Utd lost there. We win there today and we can achieve a lot.

We go into the Swansea game next week in front of home fans knowing that a win would see us 3 points clear in 3rd place above Chelsea and certainly for a few hours before West Brom kick off later. Which then installs MORE confidence into the team and especially AVB going into Stoke at home knowing 3 points can see us go 6 points clear of his old club and keep up with City in 2nd (especially if they end up dropping points at all to Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Reading).

This isn't "oh, it's Everton, who are good at home, we didn't deserve to lose but we didn't expect much anyway". This is stone wall three points lost. Three points dropped. I'm not singling out players because it's the team who fudged it up. Adebayor and Defoe didn't do anything today. Vertonghen was beaten far too often, Walker was beaten and out of position and for some reason taking set pieces. Caulker should have listened to Lloris. I could go on. We should have won this game. In fact it's pathetic that we didn't and a reason why I believe we aren't going to get 4th place this season.

Too many times we feel to try and invite teams on when we are winning. Why? I have no idea. Maybe AVB thinks that if we can withstand a barrage it will make the team feel more united? more confident in seeing out anything. winning dirty?. fudge that. We go to the corner, we waste time. We make sure we get those 3 points by any means necessary. What about the players though? They couldn't care less that they didn't get the 3 points today, it's a job to them. They still get paid. What about the paying away fans though who come to cheer there team to win, only to see fudging errors from PROFESSIONAL fudging FOOTBALLERS fudging up at there job cost us not only two points but fudging 3.

flimflam.

Huddlestone coming on led to our best period of the match. Once he was our shape seemed a lot better and we seemed to be everywhere we needed to be on the pitch.

That was due to Dembele replacing Lennon though really. Lennon was barely in the game. Dembele got lots of possession going out the right and cutting inside.
Huddlestone himself misplaced pass after pass.

It is probably an obvious thing to say but put us under any pressure and we totally panic. It happens pretty much in every game to some degree. If the opposition forward players push onto our backline our game goes to pieces. We just punt it away time after time. We haven't a clue what to do to counteract it. The end of that match was a monumental fudge up that could derail our season.

Andre - fix this brick now.

As a final reflection on the game; we could really have done with Parker here. Those four-yard sideways passes would have helped immeasurably when the team lost its collective mind and started trying to blast it.

People are blaming Caulker for not leaving that ball to LLoris, but he has never had a keeper behind him in Friedel.

They are just not used to it yet. Thats why we keep paying the price for playing the old man.

But it will come.

I'm suprised by the negativity by some. Yes its frustrating to lose in the manner that we did but we were playing a good team away from home and were always in the match. It was a game of fine margins. If Sig's shot had gone in it would have been game over and we would have taken the points. Going into the last 5 minutes i couldn't see us conceding let alone losing- Everton just weren't creating anything.

For some reason though we lost that control that we had over the game, started getting panicky with the ball and gave Everton some impetus. That is something that we need to learn quickly as a team. In tough games in the position we were in you have to control the ball. Keep it at all costs and we don't lose that much.

We threw it away.

As a final reflection on the game; we could really have done with Parker here. Those four-yard sideways passes would have helped immeasurably when the team lost its collective mind and started trying to blast it.

Was just about to say this. We are one midfielder short at the moment, but we are improving every game. It's still a slow process and we shouldn't expect the finished article this season.

On a more positive note, what a game from Sandro. Number of times he got a foot in, critical tackles too, the man is the very definition of BEAST.

People are blaming Caulker for not leaving that ball to LLoris, but he has never had a keeper behind him in Friedel.

They are just not used to it yet. Thats why we keep paying the price for playing the old man.

But it will come.

They would have grown up playing Saturday league, Sunday league, Spurs youth, England youth etc. knowing that if a goalkeeper shouts for the ball it is his. I have no doubt Lloris shouts for the ball when he claims crosses/corners etc yet no one seems to get in the way then.

Don't think we can be too harsh on the team today, we nullified Everton for large spells and after we scored looked completely in control. We should never have lost once going ahead. The subs all worked and were good for the situation we were in.

Caulker fudged up, I knew as soon as he cleared that ball when Lloris called for it that Everton would score, because it always happens when a mistake is made as players are then out of position. The second goal was just a bit of a freak, Everton lumped it and got the bounce of the ball.

Really unlucky, an individual error but other than that a really good away performance against a really tough team.

As you say , after we scored we looked comfortable, except when we had throw-ins that is!

One thing very noticeable is our aversion to the short throw-in . It's always long down the line and nearly always results in a loss of possession by us . Cant believe this has not been rectified as it's been going on for some time now.

Back