• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project***

I strongly disagree - not to mention his silly tackle on Zabaleta which could have practically ended the game for us (much like Rose did at Villa Park last season)

I was just typing a big long drawn out rant about how football has changed and that should bever have been considered a dangerous tackle and then I realised you meant the two footed one (I was thinking of the one in the first half where he followed through and the commentators were going on about it, I thought it was a great tackle!).

Yeh, that was silly (by today's rules), I think Zabaleta done him a favour by hugging him after.

By the way if any of you guys sit in the North Stand Lower block 19 and about 10 mins before kick off if you saw some guy try to jump a seat to get to his seat in front, only for him to completely stack it.....then that was me. Pretty embarrassing....but funny for people watching

Awesome result! I still have a sore throat and head now from drinking and shouting. For 10 minutes it was like watching the Tottenham of the first half of last season, and how I have missed that!

Bale gets the credit for the first assist but the real pass for me was from Dawson. Amazing crossfield pass that left City struggling to set a defensive line. Holtby's movement really helped create the space for Dempsey too. An excellent team goal!

Second goal was a brilliant take by Defoe but we were a bit lucky as a City player seemed to be down injured which opened up the space.

Third goal was my favourite and was sublime!

Brilliant, brilliant result and am smiling all day even with a hangover :lol:

Awesome result! I still have a sore throat and head now from drinking and shouting. For 10 minutes it was like watching the Tottenham of the first half of last season, and how I have missed that!

Bale gets the credit for the first assist but the real pass for me was from Dawson. Amazing crossfield pass that left City struggling to set a defensive line. Holtby's movement really helped create the space for Dempsey too. An excellent team goal!

Second goal was a brilliant take by Defoe but we were a bit lucky as a City player seemed to be down injured which opened up the space.

Barry was tying his shoelaces... \o/

Kompany didn't cover himself in glory for this one. It was a good goal but he practically invited Defoe to do his party trick.

MOTD2 Alan Hansen "A game City should never have lost".

One thing that really incensed me was MOTD 2 and Hansen and Savage. All this gonad*s about how "City should never have lost this game".

Why? What did they do second half apart from trying to slow the game down, run down the clock and snore out a 1-0 victory? First half they had much the better of the game and a lot of possession but second half there was only one side that played positively even though it weren't til the subs were made that we displayed any real cutting edge intent.

I just can't believe how overrated City were for what was a typical mercenary performance. Do the bare minimum then slow the game down to a snail's pace and see out another day at the office. Didn't work out like that but then so what?

Football is a game of 90 minutes who cares how below par we were for much of the game when we were on top we were more on top than City were at any time throughout the game. They had plenty of the ball but not very many clear cut chances and absolutely none in the second half.

Don't believe how this is being described as a game where city were mugged. Would anyone be saying that about any game where Spurs collapsed the last 10-15 minutes? Not likely.

Utter nonsense. City got what they deserved sod all for being negative. To dare is to do and all that. \o/

Re: MOTD2 Alan Hansen "A game City should never have lost".

They should have been out of sight in the first half, that's what he means I imagine and he's right. We looked so nervous in the first half, we weren't playing well and City had numerous chances to get more than 1. If they had gone into the break 2-0 up, we wouldn't have come back I tell you that now. The changes were absolutely crucial to the game though and I don't think Mancini expected it, personally he could have changed things up at 2-1 down but I thought he gave up personally, he knew the league was over.

He's a melty faced fool. Even tried to defend Suarez. Total knob.

They should have been out of sight in the first half, that's what he means I imagine and he's right. We looked so nervous in the first half, we weren't playing well and City had numerous chances to get more than 1. If they had gone into the break 2-0 up, we wouldn't have come back I tell you that now. The changes were absolutely crucial to the game though and I don't think Mancini expected it, personally he could have changed things up at 2-1 down but I thought he gave up personally, he knew the league was over.

I missed the 1st 15 minutes, but "City should have been out of sight in the 1st half" really? Apart from the chance Nasri poked wide what did Lloris have to deal with? City were obviously better than us in the 1st half, but it's not like they created much.

I too was a surprised at how they were being praised for that game, they got an early goal then just looked to see out the game, hardly sensational, which I believe was a term Hanson used about City.

I missed the 1st 15 minutes, but "City should have been out of sight in the 1st half" really? Apart from the chance Nasri poked wide what did Lloris have to deal with? City were obviously better than us in the 1st half, but it's not like they created much.

I too was a surprised at how they were being praised for that game, they got an early goal then just looked to see out the game, hardly sensational, which I believe was a term Hanson used about City.

Lloris pulled of two great saves to deny Dzeko (who really should have scored) and Tevez's header from close range. Nasri should have made that two. Tevez was RUNNING the game in the first half. It wasn't until Huddlestone come on to stay near him that he become quiet and Bale started running brick

Numerous chances to score? Nasri's one he poked wide and Dzeko lame attempt and thats about it apart from some hit and hope shots.

Yea forgot that tevez header from the corner, but I wouldn't call either save anywhere near great, put it this way had they gone in friedel would probably be playing the next game. Unless the dzeko chances came in the 1st 15 mins which I didn't see?

I would say walkers chance was about as good an opportunity to score as any other in the 1st half, except Nasri's effort.

Kompany didn't cover himself in glory for this one. It was a good goal but he practically invited Defoe to do his party trick.

Not great defending, but Defoe that is more than a party trick from Defoe, he's very good at it. The little shift on the ball, create half a yard to get shot off, especially when he's moving the ball to shot with his right.

It's one of those things where even if you know what's coming as a defender it can be very difficult to stop it.

Not great defending, but Defoe that is more than a party trick from Defoe, he's very good at it. The little shift on the ball, create half a yard to get shot off, especially when he's moving the ball to shot with his right.

It's one of those things where even if you know what's coming as a defender it can be very difficult to stop it.

It was vintage Defoe. Vicious finish.

But it also makes it easy to defend against Defoe, because you know that's what he'll do 90% of the time. If you restrict him to long distance shots when under pressure/off balance it's job done. Yesterday he got all the time and space he needed.

But it also makes it easy to defend against Defoe, because you know that's what he'll do 90% of the time. If you restrict him to long distance shots when under pressure/off balance it's job done. Yesterday he got all the time and space he needed.

Well, easy in the situations you describe. Not so easy when he gets the ball in good positions inside or close to the box. "Easy" when opponents can be organized with plenty of players behind the ball and with us struggling to up the tempo. Not so easy when there's some space to attack or when our midfielders manage to feed Defoe the right passes.

If he gets into those positions or not is more down to the rest of our team, the way the game develops and of course the rest of the opposing team. The opposing central defenders will have an easy time as long as the game develops in their favour and the rest of their team do their job.

It was easier yesterday because they sat deep and we could run at them. One of the things I noticed after we changed it around was how Dembele suddenly had room for his driving runs forward.

Could watch it again and again, just love watching him peel off towards the corner celebrating. Pretty sure the wife caught it on camera, not seen if its any good yet, as we were right at the back of the Upper Paxton.
May post later if decent enough

It was easier yesterday because they sat deep and we could run at them. One of the things I noticed after we changed it around was how Dembele suddenly had room for his driving runs forward.

Probably them tiring played a part.

I really think introducing Huddlestone made a big difference too. He helped us create space. His accurate balls over the top and to the wings forced the City defenders a bit further back and a bit wider, him dropping deep to receive the ball (but still being able to ping quick accurate passes around the pitch) meant that they had to push further forward to press us. That left more space in the centre imo, space that Dembele could drive into. Also, his ability to release the ball quickly when needed meant that we moved the ball quicker.

Huddlestone sitting deep also allows Dembele to move further forward earlier. It becomes Hudd's responsibility to interplay with the back 4 and bring the ball out and across the halfway line, Dembele can then receive the ball a bit further forward. With Parker and Dembele it seems that Dembele is forced to move deeper to pick the ball up because if he doesn't then we'll just end up hoofing it nine out of ten times anyway.

Numerous chances to score? Nasri's one he poked wide and Dzeko lame attempt and thats about it apart from some hit and hope shots.

Was that the close range header that Hugo saved about 3mins from half-time?

That was the pivotal moment for me, 2-0 just before HT and I think it would have crushed us, but I took massive heart from the fact it was only 1-0 at the break.

Back