• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project***

Re: MOTD2 Alan Hansen "A game City should never have lost".

It was a close game all in all. City got the early goal against the run of play, we got the late goals when putting pressure on them. They scored from their first shot and first chance after we made a mess of it defensively, getting the first goal is always a big advantage in games. Not surprising that they were able to create somewhat better chances somewhat more frequently being allowed to sit back and counter attack since they took the lead.

Sometimes you lose games that are overall close, the whinging from Mancini I can understand, he wants to deflect attention away from himself to keep his job. Why the journalists believe it I don't know, but I suppose it's just an easy story.

Was that the close range header that Hugo saved about 3mins from half-time?

That was the pivotal moment for me, 2-0 just before HT and I think it would have crushed us, but I took massive heart from the fact it was only 1-0 at the break.

I thought that header was Tevez? and the Dzeko shot i was talking about was when he broke through and hit an early shot at the edge of the box.

Not great defending, but Defoe that is more than a party trick from Defoe, he's very good at it. The little shift on the ball, create half a yard to get shot off, especially when he's moving the ball to shot with his right.

It's one of those things where even if you know what's coming as a defender it can be very difficult to stop it.

I'm not too sure what you are saying there, but I knew Defoe was about to do that the second he received the ball and Kompany should have known it too. That is Defoe's trademark move. Kompany should have showed him the line or got his angles a bit better to block the shot. Great shot though.

I'm not too sure what you are saying there, but I knew Defoe was about to do that the second he received the ball and Kompany should have known it too. That is Defoe's trademark move. Kompany should have showed him the line or got his angles a bit better to block the shot. Great shot though.

Just that he's very good at it and that it's difficult to stop. I knew what he was going to do as well, I shouted out "come on, you fudging love those situations!" or something to that effect as he got the ball. But knowing what he's going to do doesn't mean you can stop it. Bit like just because you know Bale is going to dink it past you, run around you and be gone it's not easy to stop. Defoe does that shift the ball and shoot quickly, effectively and accurately. Loads of good PL defenders have been done by it, and hopefully loads more will :)

England goalkeeper Hart pulled no punches in his post-match assessment, telling City TV: "We took the lead and didn't kick on from there. Second half we just kind of existed and paid the price.

"I just thought we took our foot off the gas and you can't do that.

"Spurs have got a lot to play for and congratulations to them but I'm not really interested in them."

It was suggested that the exertions of a busy schedule could have contributed to their downfall on Sunday.

Wednesday's narrow win over Wigan gave Roberto Mancini's squad just three days to prepare for the game in north London, but Hart denied that fatigue was an issue, pointing out that the team's early exit from the Champions League should have kept the team fresh.

"No, we can't complain of that," he said.

"We messed up in Europe and we have had plenty of weeks rest so I don't think that is what it is down to. It was just a poor second half."

Twelve months ago City hoped they had ended United's domination of Manchester, but the Blues' only hope of silverware remains in the FA Cup, where they take on Wigan in next month's final.

The way City capitulated on Sunday will be of concern to Roberto Mancini, but Hart is sure that the team will recover for the final few games of the season.

"We will bounce back easily, it is what we do," Hart said.

"We have proved that many a time. We have a big game coming up (against West Ham).

"It is always good to win at home and we have got the FA Cup final that all the boys are trying to win their spots for."

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/8665859/Hart-slams-City-capitulation

Just that he's very good at it and that it's difficult to stop. I knew what he was going to do as well, I shouted out "come on, you fudging love those situations!" or something to that effect as he got the ball. But knowing what he's going to do doesn't mean you can stop it. Bit like just because you know Bale is going to dink it past you, run around you and be gone it's not easy to stop. Defoe does that shift the ball and shoot quickly, effectively and accurately. Loads of good PL defenders have been done by it, and hopefully loads more will :)

Amen to that.

Agree with Hansen - for the first hour of the game they were massively on top...it was almost too easily for them. We'd struggled to create anything and it looked like we were hoping something would happen rather than expecting to create a chance. The subs completely changed that though. What amazed me more about City was the lack of fight and resilience after we scored the first and second - had that happened against Utd they would come flying at you but City were surprisingly tame

Would you call it a sensational performance by city?

I think you need to have seen the programme to see how they were describing city. I don't think anyone's suggesting they weren't better in the 1st half, clearly they were, but the pundits were gushing over them. I just didn't see that at all, it was just as much us playing poorly as them playing ok.

tumblr_mlm7dcY6nO1r8e765o2_250.gif
tumblr_mlm7dcY6nO1r8e765o3_250.gif
tumblr_mlmhs7OYY61qg0x4wo1_250.gif

tumblr_mlm7dcY6nO1r8e765o4_250.gif
tumblr_mlm7dcY6nO1r8e765o1_250.gif
tumblr_mlmhs7OYY61qg0x4wo2_250.gif

tumblr_mlm7dcY6nO1r8e765o5_250.gif
tumblr_mlm7dcY6nO1r8e765o6_250.gif
tumblr_mlmhs7OYY61qg0x4wo3_250.gif
#

stolen from elsewhere

When I think of games where the description was "they should never have lost that game" I think of goal line clearances, shots ricocheting off the woodwork and post and marginal offside decisions denied. City carved out a couple of reasonable opportunities and had a tame effort that Lloris held onto easily.

Second half they did nothing and were reluctant to go forward searching for the second because they wanted to dictate the pace of the game and were worried about getting hit oon the counter. Every stoppage was milked and they were generally trying to slow the game down.

I would say we had the better of the second half by a lot further than they had the better of the first. They controlled the game for the first period, dictated the pace of the game but that pace was often slow and niggly, deliberately so and the plaudits reigned on a rather mediocre City diplays beggar belief.

We deserved the win end of.

city had about 3 half chances to score outside of their goal, we scored 3 and had a couple of half chances on top of that ourselves.

goals win you games, to score goals you must create chances - which we did better than them

we deserved the win.

same as Arsenal at home

Lloris pulled of two great saves to deny Dzeko (who really should have scored) and Tevez's header from close range. Nasri should have made that two. Tevez was RUNNING the game in the first half. It wasn't until Huddlestone come on to stay near him that he become quiet and Bale started running brick

Correction, he made three fairly comfortable saves that we would have expected him to make.

When I think of games where the description was "they should never have lost that game" I think of goal line clearances, shots ricocheting off the woodwork and post and marginal offside decisions denied. City carved out a couple of reasonable opportunities and had a tame effort that Lloris held onto easily.

Second half they did nothing and were reluctant to go forward searching for the second because they wanted to dictate the pace of the game and were worried about getting hit oon the counter. Every stoppage was milked and they were generally trying to slow the game down.

I would say we had the better of the second half by a lot further than they had the better of the first. They controlled the game for the first period, dictated the pace of the game but that pace was often slow and niggly, deliberately so and the plaudits reigned on a rather mediocre City diplays beggar belief.

We deserved the win end of.

Yes.

I think of Hull at home (0-1 Giovanni) and Blackpool Away (3-1) when we had around 25 shots to 7 or 8 in both games and still lost

Remember leaving Goodison earlier this season, thinking, well thats 3pts we will never get back, perhaps, yesterday you could possibly say was the day we did?

I strongly disagree - not to mention his silly tackle on Zabaleta which could have practically ended the game for us (much like Rose did at Villa Park last season)

I love benny but he's not been as good since knowing he might not be around after all long-term, and that challenge was ridiculous!

It's easy to say in hindsight that Defoe was always going to shift it and shoot... but can you count his footsteps?

In 2 seconds he takes about 20 steps, no wonder Kompany was still thinking "Dur, shall I go left or ..."

Back