• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace ***

Jose has been there and done it, he is a winner. He will be disappointed today as it was an opportunity to give us a little breathing space, given our rivals results, an opportunity we didn’t take.

Jose has been there and done it, he is a winner. He will be disappointed today as it was an opportunity to give us a little breathing space, given our rivals results, an opportunity we didn’t take.
He will
But he will also recognise that palace right now are a far tougher proposition than a lot of fans want to give them credit for
He knows we could have and should have won that but the week didn’t flow very well and didn’t go to plan... it happens

He will
But he will also recognise that palace right now are a far tougher proposition than a lot of fans want to give them credit for
He knows we could have and should have won that but the week didn’t flow very well and didn’t go to plan... it happens
I don’t think he will care about how good palace are. He knows he has to change our mentality from being top 4 to being Champions. There is no one better to do that than Jose. Today feels really disappointing for me because I am believing we can be champions this season so we need to care about these little margins.

I don’t think he will care about how good palace are. He knows he has to change our meteorology from being top 4 to being Champions. There is no one better to do that than Jose. Today feels really disappointing for me because I am believing we can be champions this season so we need to care about these little margins.
I believe he knows that the pool game was on the players minds too
He gets where we are at and what we need to do

Some of the whinging on here is fudging atrocious. We've drawn, away from home, after conceding for the first time in 8 hours. Did you think we'd never, ever drop a point again? Football is a brick industry, and football fans are honestly a an absolute bunch of clams, and there are plenty on this board too, judging by the comments.

We were 14th just over a year ago, now we are spending time at the top of the league. And people are having utter hissy fits like a bunch of self entitled 12 year olds.

Honestly, such a pathetic bunch of fudging cretins. I think some people need to fudging grow up and put things in perspective.
I think you're missing the point. The whining is because we could have put our stamp on the game and we didn't. Up until we scored we were dangerous and you knew a goal was coming. Then we score and it's like we forgot how to attack. We concede and we remember how to attack again. That's not "well that's just the way the cookie crumbles; you win some you lose some." That's us thinking we could get away with not ever threatening their goal again for the remaining 67 minutes after we scored. I think that's worth whining about.

I felt we dropped two points based on the tactics by Jose today. At times he has to trust the team to attack. However perhaps they just couldn't attack as Reguilon and Aurier couldn't cross the half way line perhaps due to instruction or etc.
I said himself he didn't want the team to play like that and they weren't able to do what I think most of us would have wanted to see.

It's not like we set up like we did against City or Chelsea, we tried, but just weren't good enough with the ball. Perhaps if we had just said fudge it and tried to close up shop, pretend that Palace were Chelsea or City we would have done better.

I think part of it was down to a lack of options. The Ndombele for Lo Celso sub is just happening no matter what, even clearer with Liverpool coming up on Wednesday. For me this game is where I miss Winks, come on, recycle the ball, keep the ball, frustrate opponents.

Sissoko has been great as that very defensive minded player next to Hojbjerg, but he remains limited on the ball so what is the answer to play through pressure and keep possession more?

Frustrating game. But Palace are solidly mid table, with Eze and Zaha in the team they're a much better team than without those players. A draw like this will happen from time to time.

Frustrating game. But Palace are solidly mid table, with Eze and Zaha in the team they're a much better team than without those players. A draw like this will happen from time to time.
They are, but jt was Guaita who made the difference yesterday - one critical mistake but four equally critical stops.

They are, but jt was Guaita who made the difference yesterday - one critical mistake but four equally critical stops.
He did towards the end. But it wasn't him that stopped us from playing well when ahead.

It also wasn't him playing well enough for Palace to keep creating dangerous situations often enough that by the time they equalised it seemed very much deserved.

He did towards the end. But it wasn't him that stopped us from playing well when ahead.

It also wasn't him playing well enough for Palace to keep creating dangerous situations often enough that by the time they equalised it seemed very much deserved.
You also have to say that despite the perceived pressure form palace we still barely conceded a chance. That’s a good thing
Hugo made an error but a “normal one” IMO
Beyond that we should have and should have done more in front of their goal even if their keeper did have a worldie

Just seen back the free kick for them to get the draw
Was quite soft but annoyingly avoidable too
Hugo getting panned for his mistake but he didn’t move as the ball was whipped in. Great ball from Eze

Keep your hair on! My post already acknowledged your point about Zaha and Eze!

As everyone else brick the bed, the week-end leaves us in same spot with one less game (not a bad thing), Pool's result (and performance) was far worse than ours.

Realistic summary, we were complacent when we got the lead, that plus a few great saves from their keeper and a mistake from ours = a draw

My view,, this squad still is a work in progress, we still have to learn it's every game, 90 minutes. I have a lot of faith in them keeping a 2-0 lead, holding a 1-0 lead was always just a little too risky/naïve.

Put it to bed, chance to fix on Wednesday.

Just seen back the free kick for them to get the draw
Was quite soft but annoyingly avoidable too
Hugo getting panned for his mistake but he didn’t move as the ball was whipped in. Great ball from Eze
I don't think it was a bad mistake either. They are always tricky when a whipped in free kick is coming in, around or just above the height of the players in front of you.

The goal their keeper let in was a much bigger mistake. He did make up for it though.

Back