• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace ***

Mourinho talking about how the midfield just couldn't pass the ball well in the second half.

My question is, why don't we play Lo Celso out on the wide right, where Bergwijn currently is, to address that?

Fine, keep the Hojbjerg-Sissoko pivot. But play Lo Celso wide right - he's played there plenty of times before for PSG and Real Betis, he's fast enough, sharp enough, as that 'grinta', and can *pass* the ball.

If we still can't keep the ball with Kane, Lo Celso, Son and Ndombele on the pitch - *then* there is a problem. But try it first, maybe?

playing ndombele so advanced doesn't make sense either in that respect

After a midweek European game it is not such a bad result. Just frustrating as if we'd showed more positive play second half I think we'd have cruised that. I don't think Mourinho necessarily wanted us to retreat as much as we did. But that is this teams default now when in the lead. We need a little more positive play to get the balance right. Today, the best form of defence was probably attack.

That said, there was only one player who could unlock us really. We failed to deal with Zaha. He was a handful all game, and he got the fk that caused the goal. He's an extremely difficult player to nullify as he can go anywhere across the front line and cause problems.

Yes would have liked us not to retreat so much second half. But hopefully we learn from this and add a bit more offense and control to our game so we can control this kind of game better.

After a midweek European game it is not such a bad result. Just frustrating as if we'd showed more positive play second half I think we'd have cruised that. I don't think Mourinho necessarily wanted us to retreat as much as we did. But that is this teams default now when in the lead. We need a little more positive play to get the balance right. Today, the best form of defence was probably attack.

That said, there was only one player who could unlock us really. We failed to deal with Zaha. He was a handful all game, and he got the fk that caused the goal. He's an extremely difficult player to nullify as he can go anywhere across the front line and cause problems.

Yes would have liked us not to retreat so much second half. But hopefully we learn from this and add a bit more offense and control to our game so we can control this kind of game better.

We made 10 changes right, Thursdays game also didn’t really matter, no excuse for it having any effect on today’s game imo.

We made 10 changes right, Thursdays game also didn’t really matter, no excuse for it having any effect on today’s game imo.

It's more the focus of the whole club - coaches etc. If you don't have that midweek game, we would have seen palace off imo.

It's more the focus of the whole club - coaches etc. If you don't have that midweek game, we would have seen palace off imo.

I don’t understand why any focus was given to that game, we were already through.

Send the kids/reserves and let the kit man pick the team, same goes for the rest of the competition now we’re the only competent team left in it.

I don’t understand why any focus was given to that game, we were already through.

Of course we prepared for the game - so we'd finish top seeds. If you start mentally preparing for Palace last weekend, rather than have a game in between, it has to have an effect?

Of course we prepared for the game - so we'd finish top seeds. If you start mentally preparing for Palace last weekend, rather than have a game in between, it has to have an effect?

Wasting time on that game was a mistake imo.

We’re the only real seeds left in the Europa League, it’s over, we’ve won it, just turn up and collect the trophy in October.

It’s a very annoying two points dropped, it won’t matter, I reckon we’ll win the league by 25-30 points, but this morning it was 28-31.

Do this too many times and momentum is a worry, with our propensity to absolutely brick ourselves at the slightest set back.

Hopefully we’ll get the same response as the last time we gave championship Londoners a free point.

feel bad we didn't win, had chances to grab the lead again but some great saves by guaita - normally we are so clinical

we seem to let in goals from set pieces, or just after - something to focus on, and normally Lloris so dependent, he has been since the restart

a blip, we reflect, review and move on #COYS

Mourinho talking about how the midfield just couldn't pass the ball well in the second half.

My question is, why don't we play Lo Celso out on the wide right, where Bergwijn currently is, to address that?

Fine, keep the Hojbjerg-Sissoko pivot. But play Lo Celso wide right - he's played there plenty of times before for PSG and Real Betis, he's fast enough, sharp enough, as that 'grinta', and can *pass* the ball.

If we still can't keep the ball with Kane, Lo Celso, Son and Ndombele on the pitch - *then* there is a problem. But try it first, maybe?

Said as much early in the second half. Poor subs by Jose.

I hope Mourinho reconsiders his CM partnership after this game. There's matches where PEH-GLC would be far better i.e. games where we're likely to have more possession. It'll also help him manage the squad tiredness through the season

A graphic popped up on Sky showing our win percentage when we have more than 50% of the possession and when we we have less. Needless to say one made for much better reading than the other and shows where we need to improve

Fulham hold Pool. We are stil top. Really Fulham sgoukd have won. They had the better chances and were denied a stonewall penalty. Liverpool only equalised through a jammy pen. We have nothing to fear on Wednesday.

Back