• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT***** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Crystal Palace - 11/01/14: 3pm

Maybe I'm in a minority, but I've been much more impressed with Capoue (in midfield) than Bentaleb. Not saying the youngster hasn't looked good when he's played, but I wonder if Sherwood isn't trying to make a point by playing Bentaleb - maybe at the expense of putting out our strongest eleven?

That said, I think the team he's selected should be more than enough to beat Crystal Palace by at least a couple of goals. So maybe Sherwood just sees this as the perfect game to give a younger player some first team experience? Maybe there's a method to the madness...

Don't know Bentalebs game that well (does he when he's just developing really) but maybe he offers some quicker feet to move the ball around and tackle. Both Dembele and Capoue are in the big powerful mode, so a lighter, deft player can compliment.

I like Capoue and hope he gets his chance.

Maybe I'm in a minority, but I've been much more impressed with Capoue (in midfield) than Bentaleb. Not saying the youngster hasn't looked good when he's played, but I wonder if Sherwood isn't trying to make a point by playing Bentaleb - maybe at the expense of putting out our strongest eleven?

That said, I think the team he's selected should be more than enough to beat Crystal Palace by at least a couple of goals. So maybe Sherwood just sees this as the perfect game to give a younger player some first team experience? Maybe there's a method to the madness...

Capoue looked good in his early games, but i think its important to remember he got injured than came back out of position and struggled (not his fault)
Then Bentaleb gets a chance and looks good - no reason to drop him and gives Capoue time to make sure he is in tip top condition when he is called upon

Bench looks good, apart from the defensive cover. Anyone heard news on when Verts might be back? Must be close by now

2 up front for Palace, could be fun.

Chiriches will struggle today. He loves giving up and leaving his man to the covering defender. There is no covering defender today.

Also Pulis if he's smart will target high balls at him.

Of course when we concede everyone will blame Sherwood for not playing Capoue or Sandro.

Bench looks good, apart from the defensive cover. Anyone heard news on when Verts might be back? Must be close by now

he was back running last week but I dont recall seeing him in any training photos in which Sandro, Lamela and Defoe were all seen.

Not to mention that if a CB gets injured, Capoue will come off the bench to play in central defense presumably.

he was back running last week but I dont recall seeing him in any training photos in which Sandro, Lamela and Defoe were all seen.

I think Yones was ahead of Verts but has been out for so long, you think he may need a few games and couple of weeks of training to come back. Having those two back and fit will be a massive boost to us.

I took Soldado out of my Fantasy Footie after persevering & hoping since August.

Expect a landslide from him today.

Since Pulis took over Palace have only conceded 8 goals in 9 games. Where is this goalfest idea coming from?

I think Yones was ahead of Verts but has been out for so long, you think he may need a few games and couple of weeks of training to come back. Having those two back and fit will be a massive boost to us.

Personally I've written Kaboul off and assuming he'll never play again for us. Might sound pessimistic however his injury problems are becoming alarmingly reminiscent of Ledders. Would imagine that if he does play again this season and isn't fit for pre-season training next summer, we'll be buying a replacement

So Sig and Townsend have been dropped - Tim said they were available. So looks like we preferred to have 2 defenders on the bench over them. Odd decision.

Personally I've written Kaboul off and assuming he'll never play again for us. Might sound pessimistic however his injury problems are becoming alarmingly reminiscent of Ledders. Would imagine that if he does play again this season and isn't fit for pre-season training next summer, we'll be buying a replacement

Yes. But we need him. So body willing, it would be awesome to see him play in a Europa game. He could be a real help to the team - he has that big presence we're maybe missing at times.

Back