• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT***** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Crystal Palace - 11/01/14: 3pm

So Sig and Townsend have been dropped - Tim said they were available. So looks like we preferred to have 2 defenders on the bench over them. Odd decision.

Not really - you need to cover all bases with your 7 subs so normal to have 2 defs on the bench. Capoue is a defensive CM sub and Defoe covers the two CF. So I guess you could say that CHadli and Holtby have been picked in preference to a non-match-fit Townsend and Siggy

Don't know how many times it needs to be said, Kaboul is done. He's barely played a game in 18 months and can't get back to fitness for 2 games in a row. I'm 99% certain he will be released this summer.

So Sig and Townsend have been dropped - Tim said they were available. So looks like we preferred to have 2 defenders on the bench over them. Odd decision.

Sigis a good squad player, but if a decent offer is made for him, he may go. His attraction is his goals. He didn't quite click - never seen a player almost score so many screamers in the first few months of the season.

Yes. But we need him. So body willing, it would be awesome to see him play in a Europa game. He could be a real help to the team - he has that big presence we're maybe missing at times.

Not saying that it wouldn't be good to see him again. Fully fit and on-form, he's a top CB. However if our other 3 CBs stay fit for the rest of the season and don't pick up suspensions then we have enough cover there

Not really - you need to cover all bases with your 7 subs so normal to have 2 defs on the bench. Capoue is a defensive CM sub and Defoe covers the two CF. So I guess you could say that CHadli and Holtby have been picked in preference to a non-match-fit Townsend and Siggy

Agreed.

Fryers covers centre back and left back.
Naughton covers right back and left back.
Capoue covers centre back and central midfield.
Holtby covers central midfield.
Defoe covers up front.
Chadli covers right midfield, left midfield or off the striker.

Don't know how many times it needs to be said, Kaboul is done. He's barely played a game in 18 months and can't get back to fitness for 2 games in a row. I'm 99% certain he will be released this summer.

Lets see. Maybe he can prove us wrong. He's 27 - as of a week ago. I think he has plenty to offer, and will surprise us all.

Agreed.

Fryers covers centre back and left back.
Naughton covers right back and left back.
Capoue covers centre back and central midfield.
Holtby covers central midfield.
Defoe covers up front.
Chadli covers right midfield, left midfield or off the striker.

Holtby would be cover for eriksen on the left too.

Not saying that it wouldn't be good to see him again. Fully fit and on-form, he's a top CB. However if our other 3 CBs stay fit for the rest of the season and don't pick up suspensions then we have enough cover there

We need him. We'll start back with games Thursday-Sunday soon. If we try to win the cup - which we will try to do - we need squad.

How is it an odd decision?
You need defensive cover

We are playing one of the bottom teams in the league at home, I'd be concentrating on attacking. If we are pathetically hanging on at the end then there are bigger issues to be worried about.

Sigis a good squad player, but if a decent offer is made for him, he may go. His attraction is his goals. He didn't quite click - never seen a player almost score so many screamers in the first few months of the season.

You need good reliable squad players though and I'd trust him to play in big games if required.

We are playing one of the bottom teams in the league at home, I'd be concentrating on attacking. If we are pathetically hanging on at the end then there are bigger issues to be worried about.

But he already decided Holtby, Chadli and Defoe are better options today than Townsend and Siggy. What would be the point of the 5 of them on the bench?

You need good reliable squad players though and I'd trust him to play in big games if required.

True! COYFS.

At least with Sherwood you know we'll give it a good go. Maybe overlooking the defense. Keep it tight at the back, and get a goal!

Since Pulis took over Palace have only conceded 8 goals in 9 games. Where is this goalfest idea coming from?

Crikey, that is impressive for Palace

Let's see if we start fast or cagey. Hopefully the former, blast their knickers off, give it the beans and then bring on subs if we tire.

Back