• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Cardiff City

The Dnipro game will have given the squad a much-needed boost to their confidence levels.

I fully expect a comfortable win tomorrow at home to Cardiff.

Easy home win for spurs....when does that every actually happen when we expect it to. 9-1 against Wigan was the last one wasn't it.

I think we need to win 8 out of the last 11 to finish in the top 4 so yes tomorrow is must win.
We'll need more than that unless l'Ar*e completely crumble away... which they won't, they have enough to win at least 6 of their remaining games.

As for tomorrow, it's one of those lose-lose games cos of how sh*t Cardiff are. Win and we were expected to against the worst team in the league, fail to and we're a laughing stock (again) for not beating such a poor side.

FWIW I think we'll win, but we'll probably stumble to victory with a 1-0 win or something.

Not sure on who's injured or not as the club is very secretive but all I ask is for Eriksen to play after a good performance the other night and Adebayor and Soldado up top who should fill their boots against this lot.

COYS

Surely, this is another must-win match for us. With Liverpool and Arsenal 9 points ahead of us, we cannot afford to drop any more points to bottom teams. Just imagine if we had beaten WBA, Hull and Norwich, we could have been in in the title race now. Instead we had dropped crucial points in those 3 games that we are struggling to stay in the top 4 race instead. With Liverpool and Arsenal 9 points ahead of us, it looks almost impossible to climb above them in the remaining matches. We can only hope they drop unexpected points while at the same time we have to win almost all our matches. I think we have to win 8 of our remaining 11 matches to have any chance of finishing in top 4. That 8 wins will give us 74 points which will be 2 points ahead of the record 72 points we got last season. It is going to be very difficult but hope we will try our best. We had an excellent away record until losing to Norwich. Hope we will get back that record by beating Cardiff.

We have a poor record in the league after playing in EL. Let's see how the team responds in this match. Hope the team was boosted in confidence by beating Dnipro after coming back from 2 goals down. I think we need to get an early goal to settle us down. We need to make us of any chances that come our way. Adebayor did well to score 2 goals against Dnipro. He needs to continue that goal run. Soldado has been very poor since je joined us. He badly needs a goal to get back his confidence. Hope he will score in this match. Boom shaka laka another reliable striker to help us score goal. Still think it was a bad decision to let Defoe go without buying a replacement.

Our midfield have been largely inconsistent this season. But one player who can claim to have some consistent form is Eriksen. He has 5 goals and 5 assists in the league and Europe so far. He had a crucial goal and assist against Dnipro. Hope he will continue that form here. Great to see him scoring another goal from freekick. Want Eriksen to be our regular freekick taker from now on. Want to see Dembele and Paulinho become more consistent as they can be our key players. Also want to see Lennon starting ahead of Townsend. Still not convinced of Townsend as he doesn't seems to contribute much to our attack. Hope Lennon with his work rate and pace will trouble the weak Cardiff defence.

Our defence have been letting in some soft goals lately. Disappointingly our entire defence including Lloris have become error-prone nowadays. Hope we will manage to keep a clean sheet in this match somehow. Will prefer if players like Dawson and Vertonghen will concentrate more on defending than attacking. Will be very disappointed if we don't stop Cardiff from scoring as they don't have any top class strikers.

Hope we won't let the EL match im midweek to affect our form. We simply cannot afford to drop any points in this match. Hope we will turn up with the positive mentality and get the much-needed win.

Any official team news yet ?

Feel a bit nervous about this match. I think we might have to forget about a top 4 place if we don't win here. We simply need to win here, regardless of how we play. Hope we will get that much needed goal and win.

If we don't win this game then it's an even worse result than losing to Norwich. I expect us to win this by at least 2 goals.

100% agree.

I know football doesnt work this way, but they were absolutely battered at home by Hull last week, who themselves were battered at home by Saudi Sportswashing Machine yesterday, who, as will only know, were battered by us only a few weeks ago.

By rights this should be the most confortable home match of the season, but this is Tottenham, I suppose it doesnt work that way

Feels weird still being sat here at this time for a home game, flippin 4,30pm kick-off. Gonna be a late one getting home, please Spurs make it a happy drive back

Feels weird still being sat here at this time for a home game, flippin 4,30pm kick-off. Gonna be a late one getting home, please Spurs make it a happy drive back

Ridiculous that none of the 3 games cant kick off at anything other than 4.30pm because of a totally irrelevant cup final

Ridiculous that none of the 3 games cant kick off at anything other than 4.30pm because of a totally irrelevant cup final

Agree, at least one if not all could have been 12noon starts, its been known before, or more sensibly, the final should have been a 3pm kick-off and the 3 league games could have kick-off at 12.30pm or 12.45pm.
But I suppose that would have meant the FA considering the fans, and we know they do things like that

Actually, thinking back I'm sure we played a league match at WHL (Bolton?) at the same time Cheslea played Arsenal in the LC final at Cardiff some years back

Back