• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Woolwich***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Poch will be focusing on Everton and then seeing what he can do tonight. Its common sense IMO. We win the Carabo cup, great yay! A week later its a stat and some great pictures as memories on your phone. If we didn't have 5 international players out (I think its 5) we would have greater options. Tonight both teams have injuries so it will be a little more even. But City or Chelsea will 'probably' win it.

But top four is the priority ask Jose!

My point was initially directed at the post above mine with the person themselves struggling to get motivated for the game.

It’s not for me to second guess Poch’s focus but whilst I appreciate we have a long term plan to finish as high as we can in the league and if we were so lucky to choose what we win it would be 4th choice in most peoples book there is also an element of taking each game as it comes. This game is against Arsenal hence for me, as a fan it’s an important game. I don’t expect us to play our first x1 (whatever that is nowadays) but the team picked will be one that is good enough to win the game and will hopefully be highly motivated to so. There are players that need minutes and players that need resting, that’s Poch’s call but success in this game is not mutually exclusive to performing in the following league game.

In the case of Jose, by winning a cup with CL qualification my view is for that particular season the united fans had a better season than us despite finishing 6th. It didn’t help them in the longer term which is the argument I make when I’m in the ridiculous position of having to defend Poch to someone.

arsenal won about 6 fa cups in a row and we still mocked them for not winning anything, only the league and CL count for anything these days
I’m not sure we mocked them for winning FA cups, that smacks of someone without a car or driving licence mocking someone for having a VW Golf instead of a Porsche.

I’m in the ridiculous position of having to defend Poch to someone.

Don’t, he is doing the job correctly and overachieving with the resources at his disposal.

If I was a City fan the cups are so easy with the depth of squad!

Look who is missing from our squad ATM.

Appreciate a pm if someone have a river. Overseas holiday but still hope to catch the game. Thanks in advance

They went because they are at clubs that are/were expected to challenge for the title, we are punching above our weight really. I'm not saying that I don't want top 4 either, but I don't think 3 extra games will make much difference to anything.

Isn't anyone else tired of us being mocked for not winning anything? we are the butt of many jokes.. 'Harry Redknapp wins Im A Celebrity, no doubt Spurs will be trying to claim that as a trophy' etc...

It's boring hearing "trophy this, trophy that", but if we won this it would just be 'it was only the league cup" etc etc. The key is to try not to worry about other teams and their fans.

The only thing I would say from a players point of view is a lot of them are sitting on zero honours and getting that first one out of the way might be something to build on (confidence etc), therefore I would like to have a good go at it.

My point was initially directed at the post above mine with the person themselves struggling to get motivated for the game.

It’s not for me to second guess Poch’s focus but whilst I appreciate we have a long term plan to finish as high as we can in the league and if we were so lucky to choose what we win it would be 4th choice in most peoples book there is also an element of taking each game as it comes. This game is against Arsenal hence for me, as a fan it’s an important game. I don’t expect us to play our first x1 (whatever that is nowadays) but the team picked will be one that is good enough to win the game and will hopefully be highly motivated to so. There are players that need minutes and players that need resting, that’s Poch’s call but success in this game is not mutually exclusive to performing in the following league game.

In the case of Jose, by winning a cup with CL qualification my view is for that particular season the united fans had a better season than us despite finishing 6th. It didn’t help them in the longer term which is the argument I make when I’m in the ridiculous position of having to defend Poch to someone.

I agree with everything bar the last paragraph.

Stuck at work, so might just be home in time for a shootout. First NLD I won't be able to see for a few years. :(

Get in, Spurs, go fudge em up!

I agree with everything bar the last paragraph.
Really? You wouldn’t swap a 2nd to 4th place finish for a cup win that also gives you the tangible reward for finishing in the top 4? Don’t get me wrong in the short term it might only be papering over the cracks of the teams ability to compete over the longer term, but on an isolated season basis you are getting everything (i’d add in I’d take a league position below goons as long as it wasn’t 2nd to win Europa and I’d take 8th place over 5th to win the FA cup in one off season too). I don’t for a second think winning a cup breeds more player loyalty to the club than the prestige or financial benefits of regular CL (the Carling v Chelski burst that bubble) I’m talking from my perspective of a match attending fan

Here's our team news from the Emirates Stadium...

Starting XI:
Gazzaniga
Trippier - Alderweireld - Davies - Rose (c)
Winks - Sissoko
Eriksen - Dele - Lucas
Son​

Substitutes:
Vorm
Walker-Peters
Foyth
Skipp
Lamela
Kane
Llorente​

Mauricio Pochettino makes four changes to the team that started against Burnley - Gazzaniga, Winks, Eriksen and Son for Lloris, Skipp, Lamela and Kane

Really? You wouldn’t swap a 2nd to 4th place finish for a cup win that also gives you the tangible reward for finishing in the top 4? Don’t get me wrong in the short term it might only be papering over the cracks of the teams ability to compete over the longer term, but on an isolated season basis you are getting everything (i’d add in I’d take a league position below goons as long as it wasn’t 2nd to win Europa and I’d take 8th place over 5th to win the FA cup in one off season too). I don’t for a second think winning a cup breeds more player loyalty to the club than the prestige or financial benefits of regular CL (the Carling v Chelski burst that bubble) I’m talking from my perspective of a match attending fan

I'd love a cup but not at the expense of finishing as high up the league as possible.

Here's our team news from the Emirates Stadium...

Starting XI:
Gazzaniga
Trippier - Alderweireld - Davies - Rose (c)
Winks - Sissoko
Eriksen - Dele - Lucas
Son​

Substitutes:
Vorm
Walker-Peters
Foyth
Skipp
Lamela
Kane
Llorente​

Mauricio Pochettino makes four changes to the team that started against Burnley - Gazzaniga, Winks, Eriksen and Son for Lloris, Skipp, Lamela and Kane
Strong. I would have liked Lamela to have started as loves these type of games.

Bigger challenge for davies this time against a mobile striker in a game where we won’t dominate possession like at home to Burnley.

COYS

Decent enough starting eleven, although I did wonder if it might be worth starting Llorente and pepper their defence with high balls.

Hopefully Son has one of his 'on nights' and rattles in a brace

No Kane, no Dier, no Lamela... that is a lot of fight taken out of the team

I think Rose might try to take the fight to them

Big night for Winks to hold the centre together

I thought we would beat them 2 weeks ago, but we looked poor

Come on Spurs, smash them into little pieces and dance on them

Back