• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Woolwich***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Strongest side possible please, this is against Arsenal in a Cup Quarter Final.

The best team in the country put a strong side out last night and it certainly didn't seem 'worthless' to them when they won it last season.

ICYMI...

Juan Foyth is back in the fold for our Carabao Cup quarter-final at Arsenal on Wednesday night.

The defender has missed our last three games with a thigh injury but has returned to training with the squad. Davinson Sanchez (hamstring) is also back in training after being sidelined for a month.

Mauricio Pochettino reported: "Juan Foyth is going to be in the squad. Davinson is so close. That is good news. We have a very busy fixture schedule ahead and the most important thing is the spirit and how we will approach the games."

Serge Aurier (groin) and Mousa Dembele (ankle) are continuing with on-field rehabilitation and Victor Wanyama (knee) is progressing with rehabilitation and has now commenced gym work.

Jan Vertonghen is expected to return to training in January after picking up a thigh injury against Barcelona while Eric Dier (Appendicitis) continues his recovery following surgery to remove his appendix.

Meanwhile, Mauricio indicated that Paulo Gazzaniga would take over in goal from Hugo Lloris at the Emirates. Paulo has played in both of our Carabao Cup ties so far against Watford and West Ham.

Asked about Paulo in his pre-match press conference, Mauricio replied: "Yes, he's going to play. Hugo needs to breathe a little and after playing against Watford and West Ham, I think Paulo deserves to play."

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...-raindrops and roses and whiskers on kittens/

Worth watching this one. With the united job and the perennial 'need to win a trophy' this press confrence turns into a bit of a review of his time with us. All positive and reinforces his strong ethics. We're lucky to have him.

Take away line "it took Sir Alex 6 years to win the title, so still early for me!"
Thanks for posting - Watching one of these is worth so much more than seeing the attributed quotes taken out of context in the many media outlets available. Even the nature of the questions are quite juvenile imo and it must feel like you are explaining things to a 5 year old - the trophies thing for example was countered with - ‘originally you said we need to compete with top 4, then get top 4, now it’s win something. You have to understand our resources compared to our many competitors and cup competitions have a huge element of luck involved compared to a league where it’s the best team over a season that wins.’

Find it hard to get motivated for this match. As usual, Pochettino will make many changes to the team, including a few unknown youngsters, even if we are facing our hated rivals Arsenal away in the League Cup Quarter final. Wish Pochettino will take the Cup competitions more seriously as we have not won any trophies since 2008 ! It is going to be a tough match. Can see Arsenal being more motivated than us in this match. Let's hope we will lift our game and do our best to beat Arsenal and progress to the semi final.

We really should be playing all our key players in this match. It will be annoying if the likes of Kane, Eriksen, Alli, Lamela and Moura doesn't start this match. Our squad depth is so limited that it will affect us badly if we don't play our best 11 against Arsenal. Afterall, we don't have many regular goal scorers. Surely, we need Kane to lead our attack. Kane has not scored in the last 3 matches but have assisted 2 goals. Let's hope Kane will get back his goal scoring form against Arsenal. Apart from Kane, we need others like Eriksen, Alli, Lamela and Moura do their part to help us get the goals as well. Son rarely turns up against big teams away but he can come on later in the match as needed.

I think this match will be won or lost in midfield. Not sure who will play in midfield as we have many injury problems. Surely Sissoko has to start as he has been in good form recently. Maybe Winks can partner Sissoko in midfield since others like Dier, Wanyama and Dembele are all out injured. We have to control the midfield to have any chance of winning this match. Hope Sissoko will have another good match to help us overcome Arsenal.

Our defence need to be at their best to stop Arsenal. As shown against Arsenal in the league match, they have players who can hurt us if we are not carefull. Since Vertonghen is still struggling with injuries, not sure will partner Alderweireld in defence. Davies did well against Burnley but not sure if he will be as reliable against big teams like Arsenal. Foyth made a few mistakes that led to Arsenal scoring when we lost to them in the league. That shows we have to be fully alert and play our best match to stop Arsenal. Will prefer if Lloris plays in goal but if Gazzaniga does start, hope he will have an error-free match.

No doubt that this will be a tense match. Arsenal will be fired up after losing to Southampton in the league. We have to get an early goal to help us settle down and then go for more goals to kill the game off. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Arsenal and progress to the League Cup semi final.

Everybody dance now!

Wish we can have all our best players available against Arsenal, especially Vertonghen, Wanyama and Dembele. We need to win this game in normal time if we want to beat Arsenal as we have a poor record in the penalty shoot outs. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get the much needed win over Arsenal to progress to the League Cup semi final.

How can you not be motivated by this match? It’s a chance to put right a recent defeat, a step closer to a trophy and it’s the Goons. I won’t be taking any selfies if we win but I’m more worked up about this than Burnley on Saturday. With derby games, especially away from home is a good result but that’s also not an option tonight, any defeat will be attribute to the Man U links so I’m definitely motivated for this one and I hope the players are too. In terms of the team it’s a good test for Gazza to play a pressure game and I’d be happy with any combination of Son Lamela Eriksen Kane Moura and Alli starting in the attacking positions. If we play KWP, Foyth and Skipp it will be valuable experience for them and it doesn’t matter who they put out in opposition winning football games is a good habit to have.

How can you not be motivated by this match?

Sadly the competition is now second rate reserve team competition and will be won by a club with deep elite squads so this time City or Chelsea are clear favourites.
I want to win don't get me wrong.

Gazza

KWP Toby Foyth Rose

Winks Sissoko

Moura Eriksen Son

Llorente

We CANT lose to them again in the space of a few weeks.

Sadly the competition is now second rate reserve team competition and will be won by a club with deep elite squads so this time City or Chelsea are clear favourites.
I want to win don't get me wrong.
If we were playing Wolves I’d understand but for me this is about playing Arsenal and how losing to them made me feel a couple of weeks ago. I’d feel similarly if we were playing West Ham and whilst I don’t mind prioritising other competitions my desire to win this is higher than your average league game. We’ve only just overtaken them after 20 years of dominance so I’m not ready to dismiss this as just another game yet...

If we were playing Wolves I’d understand but for me this is about playing Arsenal and how losing to them made me feel a couple of weeks ago. I’d feel similarly if we were playing West Ham and whilst I don’t mind prioritising other competitions my desire to win this is higher than your average league game. We’ve only just overtaken them after 20 years of dominance so I’m not ready to dismiss this as just another game yet...

Poch will be focusing on Everton and then seeing what he can do tonight. Its common sense IMO. We win the Carabo cup, great yay! A week later its a stat and some great pictures as memories on your phone. If we didn't have 5 international players out (I think its 5) we would have greater options. Tonight both teams have injuries so it will be a little more even. But City or Chelsea will 'probably' win it.

But top four is the priority ask Jose!

We are 4 points clear of 5th and I fail to see how 3 games from this point to possibly win a trophy will have any kind of major impact on our league form. What's more the top players will probably want to play in this game, they want to win things! This was Kyle Walkers tweet after winning the League Cup last season..

Kyle Walker ✔ @kylewalker2

This has been a long time coming!! Feels so special to have won my first trophy!!

We win the Carabo cup, great yay! A week later its a stat and some great pictures as memories on your phone.

But top four is the priority ask Jose!

Exactly, it's great memories, isn't that part of what being a football fan is about? There isn't much better than Cup Final day as a football fan, certainly better than playing for 4th.

Exactly, it's great memories, isn't that part of what being a football fan is about? There isn't much better than Cup Final day as a football fan, certainly better than playing for 4th.

Finishing 4th or above gives us a chance, is the only reason this club is where it currently is the new stadium etc.
A cup win would be great but it the scheme (2018) of things it means nothing. Wenger Mourinho and Conte all gone and all won the Cups.

Finishing 4th or above gives us a chance, is the only reason this club is where it currently is the new stadium etc.
A cup win would be great but it the scheme (2018) of things it means nothing. Wenger Mourinho and Conte all gone and all won the Cups.

They went because they are at clubs that are/were expected to challenge for the title, we are punching above our weight really. I'm not saying that I don't want top 4 either, but I don't think 3 extra games will make much difference to anything.

Isn't anyone else tired of us being mocked for not winning anything? we are the butt of many jokes.. 'Harry Redknapp wins Im A Celebrity, no doubt Spurs will be trying to claim that as a trophy' etc...

They went because they are at clubs that are/were expected to challenge for the title, we are punching above our weight really. I'm not saying that I don't want top 4 either, but I don't think 3 extra games will make much difference to anything.

Isn't anyone else tired of us being mocked for not winning anything? we are the butt of many jokes.. 'Harry Redknapp wins Im A Celebrity, no doubt Spurs will be trying to claim that as a trophy' etc...

arsenal won about 6 fa cups in a row and we still mocked them for not winning anything, only the league and CL count for anything these days

Back