• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Wolves ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
...Also, it would be nice if Neville and whoever the other clown was could stay away from our games for a while: regardless of what happens on the pitch (and there was always going to be one winner yesterday), they always find time for disparaging comments about Spurs. It's getting old.
The difference in the commentaries on our game and the Liverpool game straight afterwards was stark. The minimal review of our game so they could spend all their time on previewing Liverpool aside, the commentators were willing and urging Liverpool to score for 94 minutes, ooohing and aaahing at every chance. Having sat through 90 mins of Neville and his mate sneering and giggling at Spurs, the praise and positivity they heaped on the Liv players was so noticable (despite them having underperformed by their standards this season more than we have) It doesn't help that their gormless scouse cheerleader is always co-commentator.

20 points dropped from leads, 23 times we hit the woodwork (Harry alone has hit woodwork 11 times), for perspective (something supporters never have,) 10 points would have us in 3rd.

We managed the game well yesterday, my comments would be
- Mason's Spurs is still too slow, better at possession, better moving the ball but the tempo is all wrong (part of why City/Leeds killed us)
- CB partnership still doesn't work (Dier), a few times Wolves got in too easy (nothing we didn't know)
- Mason's selections still bemuse me a little (I think it's a devil you know approach vs. best players), Ndombele, Lucas and Rodon probably can't wait for season to end.

This side is nowhere as bad as people make out, yes we need some upgrades (in the backline) but not the disaster it seems.
So does that mean Harry can come top of goals scored, assists and hit woodwork charts??!:D

Rodon I am surprised and Dier may be a better the devil you know.

Ndombele does have a tendency to keep the ball for too long and doesn’t do much pressing off it, so Lo Celso and Dele have got the nod ahead of him. Did think when he did come on he was looking to shift the ball which gives me hope that a new coach and some clear expectations will give him ever chance to be part of the first team as his dribbling can give us the X factor both the in breaching the lines and resisting the press.
Moura turned in some good performances towards the end under mourinho, especially centrally but I think it’s more that he excels under chaos and is a disruptor rather than creator. In an organised build up he doesn’t look after or release the ball or offer the goal threat that we need from that side. For all his physical limitations when the ball gets switched to Bale you feel there is a possibility of him making something happen or at least recycling the ball purposefully.
Of the three you mention I think he may be the player that the new coach may think is too much of a maverick to coach in a possession based system. (We do have others that I think are unsuitable technically too).

3 wins and 1 loss in the PL (which is how you secure a top 4 spot).

Those gutless performances where we tried to hang on to 1 goal leads against weak teams will be the ones that end up costing us.
How different this season might’ve been but for that freak result back when we were scoring for fun…

D7F62738-079C-4FFC-B8BD-0A1A19836DD0.jpeg

Traore is a potent threat when carrying the ball through midfield, he just bursts past people with his unbelievable pace. Many times yesterday the back 4 were left exposed and outnumbered because of Derp Thought the 4 did well considering that.

The problem with Traore is he has pace for sure but he lacks a football brain. I remember being at Middlesborough a few seasons back when he came on as sub in the 2nd half. His first touch was hit and run and i said to the guy next to be he is going to be a problem, but after 20 mins or so you could see he had no idea what to do next.

He has not changed much since then from what i saw yesterday, plenty of pace but very little idea of what he does next.

The problem with Traore is he has pace for sure but he lacks a football brain. I remember being at Middlesborough a few seasons back when he came on as sub in the 2nd half. His first touch was hit and run and i said to the guy next to be he is going to be a problem, but after 20 mins or so you could see he had no idea what to do next.

He has not changed much since then from what i saw yesterday, plenty of pace but very little idea of what he does next.
He is a very blunt weapon
Effectively dumb

he looks like he does a lot of weights for sure maybe that is the problem, they do say weight lifters are not the most of intelligent folks. :eek:

I cant remember many players who looked like they did bodybuilding being very good over any period of time. I'm sure it effects your agility.

I cant remember many players who looked like they did bodybuilding being very good over any period of time. I'm sure it effects your agility.

Its fine i guess in moderation , Chivers was a prime example i fell out with a old girlfriend when she starting drooling over his body when he took his shirt off :eek:. But there is a limit to what some do.

Ronaldo?

And every NFL receiver/corner ever?

NFL is 15 seconds of action and 45 minutes of ads - actual play is broken up into tiny chunks that are micromanaged by coaches to the n'th degree, and there are about half as many games in the NFL as in a typical football season.

You can be as musclebound as you want - stamina isn't all that important.

It's why NFL athletes would probably collapse of heatstroke and exhaustion after about 5m of a PL match - I doubt anyone in the NFL can run the tens of kilometers a PL player runs on a weekly basis.

I think @K.D.D.D.D.Soc makes a good point - the best players aren't built like tanks, they tend to be the ones who can run the longest and react the quickest.

That's one in over 65 years of watching football, NFL players are part time athletes programmed by coaches to do specific functions.

I'd say full time athletes programmed by caches to do specific functions. I'd also say that covers most professional sports people.

Oh I agree.
My point was that he drags people out of position just by his sheer speed and was at our back 4 on a few occasions which they dealt with pretty well by backing off and letting him do little with the pass/shot.

Traore through the middle actually played into our hands, he might have been more likely to create a goal if he'd just kept to the byline and chucked low crosses into the box.

Traore through the middle actually played into our hands, he might have been more likely to create a goal if he'd just kept to the byline and chucked low crosses into the box.

I always thought he should try emulating Hazard. Play on the left and cut in to shoot on his right foot. Or get down the wing and cross on his weaker foot. He is a unique player. I don’t think he works-out any more than other players it’s just his natural physiology. A shame that someone like Poch didn’t get hold of him a few years back, he could have developed into a devastating forward.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I always thought he should try emulating Hazard. Play on the left and cut in to shoot on his right foot. Or get down the wing and cross on his weaker foot. He is a unique player. I don’t think he works-out any more than other players it’s just his natural physiology. A shame that someone like Poch didn’t get hold of him a few years back, he could have developed into a devastating forward.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
I don’t think he ever could as he doesn’t have a brain
It’s been why clubs have let him go before
He is like saint Maxim but without the brains or technique
I’d take saint maxim every day of the week over him

Back