• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Wolves ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought Tanganga had another really solid game. He almost always does the right thing in any given situation and rarely gives the ball away. I have high hopes for the fella.

Amazing to see Tanganga and Lo Celso on the pitch at the same time. Was Lamela on the bench too?

Just watched the game on Friday. For me is go with Bale as motm @milo

Pretty good performance all around, some neat moments of interplay. The players seem freerer and less inhibited. Wolves were very poor but we also didn't really allow them to get a hold of the game.

Just seen the highlights on Match of the Day, having missed the first half earlier, and one of the things that really stood out was how many of the Wolves chances involved poor positioning or decisions by Dier. I counted five, and that's just from the highlights. He continually leaves his man at critical points. All the opposition have to do is play a short diagonal ball near the edge of the box and their man in the right channel gets a free shot as Dier will have stepped off him.

I used to be a big fan of Dier - his versatility, his confidence, his leadership - but now he's just a liability. Maybe it'll all get back with a bit of confidence, but I do wonder exactly how bad Rodon must be doing on the training pitch.

I was so disappointed with Son. He looked totally disinterested. Several times he could have taken on their RB, but would pass it back to our defence.

I was so disappointed with Son. He looked totally disinterested. Several times he could have taken on their RB, but would pass it back to our defence.
He certainly was channeling his inner Sissoko yesterday and might as well have clocked off early for a round of golf.

01CEF92C-7B86-465D-A321-BFF5C36EE575.jpeg

Ha!

Unselfish, worked exceptionally hard for the team and had a key pass in the build-up to second goal. Harsh.
I thought he had a decent game also. He wasn't exceptional and only had a couple of chances but majority of our attack came down Bale's side. Felt like Son never hid just played his part contributing to the overall performance. I can't really see any negative from him today. It wasn't like some of the games towards the end of Jose's term where he did look disinterested and his touch and form had completely deteriorated.

Just seen the highlights on Match of the Day, having missed the first half earlier, and one of the things that really stood out was how many of the Wolves chances involved poor positioning or decisions by Dier. I counted five, and that's just from the highlights. He continually leaves his man at critical points. All the opposition have to do is play a short diagonal ball near the edge of the box and their man in the right channel gets a free shot as Dier will have stepped off him.

I used to be a big fan of Dier - his versatility, his confidence, his leadership - but now he's just a liability. Maybe it'll all get back with a bit of confidence, but I do wonder exactly how bad Rodon must be doing on the training pitch.
Yup, he still made the same mistakes fortunately Wolves were too poor to capitalise. Ordinarily I would be concerned that Rodon isn't getting in ahead of his poor showings but I'm leaning towards Mason being a bit in awe of his experienced pros. Either or he is just blind. [emoji28]

It's difficult to take anything from the game when you play a team that has nothing left to play for. Wolves had absolutely nothing to offer yesterday, bar for a couple of runs from Traoré and a committed performance from Coady. The rest was pretty uninspiring and we didn't even have to play that well to beat them comprehensively.

On a side note, I really hope that the Espirto Santo's rumors were just that, rumors. Everytime I've seen his Wolves side, I've been disappointed. The results are good when you take into account the players he has at his disposal but I find his brand of football boring.

Also, it would be nice if Neville and whoever the other clown was could stay away from our games for a while: regardless of what happens on the pitch (and there was always going to be one winner yesterday), they always find time for disparaging comments about Spurs. It's getting old.

Maybe a downside to us playing a more possession based game is there isn’t as much space for Son to attack? I agree yesterday he seemed to be very much safety first, when he receives the ball with his back to goal or near the halfway line he looks a different player but usually springs into life in the final third.

3 wins and 1 loss in the PL (which is how you secure a top 4 spot).

Those gutless performances where we tried to hang on to 1 goal leads against weak teams will be the ones that end up costing us.
Even taking into account Wolves being on the beach yesterday had a lot of fundamentals in the approach which really makes me question what the strategy was under Mourinho.

It wasn’t like we were gung ho and we had a spell with what I’d call defensive controlled possession rather than looking for a third goal.

It also helps if all the outfield players can control and pass a football and Mason’s selections reflect that, until he brings on Sissoko at least.

I was really surprised to see we were top of the hitting the woodwork stats too though, what with that and our inability to hold onto leads maybe we aren’t as far off as we have sometimes felt this season?

Was hardly disinterested but he's at his best when he has space going forward. His problem is defences are now on to that and make sure he's well covered. Retaining possession when pressed has never been his forte but just recently it's been like taking candy off a baby. It's becoming an issue.

Even taking into account Wolves being on the beach yesterday had a lot of fundamentals in the approach which really makes me question what the strategy was under Mourinho.

It wasn’t like we were gung ho and we had a spell with what I’d call defensive controlled possession rather than looking for a third goal.

It also helps if all the outfield players can control and pass a football and Mason’s selections reflect that, until he brings on Sissoko at least.

I was really surprised to see we were top of the hitting the woodwork stats too though, what with that and our inability to hold onto leads maybe we aren’t as far off as we have sometimes felt this season?

20 points dropped from leads, 23 times we hit the woodwork (Harry alone has hit woodwork 11 times), for perspective (something supporters never have,) 10 points would have us in 3rd.

We managed the game well yesterday, my comments would be
- Mason's Spurs is still too slow, better at possession, better moving the ball but the tempo is all wrong (part of why City/Leeds killed us)
- CB partnership still doesn't work (Dier), a few times Wolves got in too easy (nothing we didn't know)
- Mason's selections still bemuse me a little (I think it's a devil you know approach vs. best players), Ndombele, Lucas and Rodon probably can't wait for season to end.

This side is nowhere as bad as people make out, yes we need some upgrades (in the backline) but not the disaster it seems.

Traore is a potent threat when carrying the ball through midfield, he just bursts past people with his unbelievable pace. Many times yesterday the back 4 were left exposed and outnumbered because of this. Thought the 4 did well considering that.

Back