• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham Dildo Club***

West ham seem to have the sign over us recently, twice we haven't turned up for their home games and we even manage to turn a potential spanking into an invigorating game for them this time around.

I heard this the first time a Poch team has blown a two goal lead, so hopefully it's a lesson about complacency and how hard it is to regain control of a game once you've ceded it to lesser but motivated opponents. I thought we let Liverpool back into a game we were controlling but the gift of a goal from a free kick we had one man in the box for on the stroke of half time allowed us to come out on the front foot.

Saving graces: no chance of them entering the Man U game with the same attitude and maybe the extra rest will give us the edge in a couple of league games. Perhaps there was a lack of leadership with Kane and Lloris missing, would like to see Dier or Toby step up as captain material in these type of situations, league cup or not.

Games against them will always be difficult as they tend to put in superhuman performances against us, the game doesn't have the same significance for us. It's different when we play Arsenal for example as both teams want to win the game as badly as each other.

Now watch them lose against Palace after conning their fans by playing out of their skin against Spurs.

not with the same seeding surely?
1st place automatically places you in Pot 1. 2nd-4th get seeded based on the UEFA club ranking. So in theory you can qualify from 4th and get into pot 2, or get 2nd in the league and be in pot 4 in the CL. So basically it doesn't matter other than winning the league.

Guys it’s worth recognising where their 3 goals came from. It’s not as if they were suddenly all over us and we panicked or couldn’t be arsed to defend. They scored one from a set piece where Davies did well to head the ball clear but then was unlucky to play people onside; one from a 19 year old Foyth falling asleep; and one from a corner with a brilliant leap and header.

Maybe we weren’t playing at 100%, but I don’t think that was the primary cause for conceding those goals, and nor were we mentally panicking.

Fair enough to those of you who care about the Carabao Cup and are tinkled off, but to me it’s logically worth little more than a Charity Shield.

Edit: not sure why it’s saying 400% - I’ve written 100%... is that a new autocorrect thing?!

Did get say it at halftime? I think the issue here is we may have gotten a bit too c.ocky for our own good. We drew at the Bernabeu, we smashed Lollerpool, we were walking this one in the first half. We thought we just needed to show up in the second half and without trying the job would be done. Against a team that the only thing it has left to aim for this season is this cup. Tsk tsk

Yes, I know what happened.
It’s the underlying softness that would allow this to happen!
That is a reflection of the attitude of the management and that permeates through whole club.
It must must be eradicated.
Personally I think it is in the DNA of the club. Soft!

Was at the game yesterday; am livid with the surrender and sad my boy had to watch us lose again after being ahead; oh well, even with all that, he still LOVED the matchday experience anyhow - he's even more hardcore Spurs than i am!

I'm trying to let the dust settle before i give my thoughts on how that abomination happened, but what i will say is NO-ONE can say Poch didn't take that game seriously if you look at the line-up; it's what makes the collapse even more disgraceful imo.

Oh well, as i say at least my boy enjoyed it despite everything.
Special thanks to @Whiffler, @Glenda's Legs and @billyiddo for the travel tips - your advice was spot on (i cannot believe more people don't use Wembley Stadium station to get in and out of the ground tbh, but who am i to complain!)

P.S - @monkeybarry , @K.D.D.D.D.Soc ; can't believe how many Spurs fans are SELers - i'd expect more Gooners down here given their real roots lol. Just goes to show how fluid movement patterns and how good transport links mean more fluidity of spread etc. Maybe one day we will indeed arrange a meet-up haha

COYS

Buggerd if I can remember?

How about the away game in Belgium...

I dont think we have this weak under belly as people describe I really dont. I think the issue last night was we were so comfortable we barely got warmed up

Toby (the most consistent defender there is) had a mare for all three goals which says a lot as to how we played.

All those saying Poch takes the CL seriously, well he didn't last season

True. In fact, we have never been convincing in any of our Cup matches under Pochettino except for the CL this season.

Special mention to Vorm. Thought he could have done better with his save for West Ham's first goal. Felt his save was too weak as the ball fell right in front of the West Ham players. Always felt Vorm was too error-prone to become a reliable goalie for us.

Games against them will always be difficult as they tend to put in superhuman performances against us, the game doesn't have the same significance for us. It's different when we play Arsenal for example as both teams want to win the game as badly as each other.

Now watch them lose against Palace after conning their fans by playing out of their skin against Spurs.
I don't disagree about the disparity of effort, the most telling one was Pardew not resting players ahead of an FA Cup final to stop us getting fourth, hopefully they'll always wonder 'what if' considering it went it ET.

it wasn't that long ago our season hinged on our results agains the Goons and then finishing above them. As a fan I am comfortable with prioritizing competitions but yesterday's selection was good enough to take a 2 nil lead, the underlying arrogance afterwards was disrespectful to our fans, especially those that made the trip.

Well, having slept on it, still fuming.

It’s what other teams will take from it more than anything else. Two up, coasting, and West Ham got in amongst us and we crumbled. And we crumbled with a strong team on the pitch. It really points to a mental fragility still being present and others will have taken note, I’m sure.

I think my anger regarding this result stems from the fact that we were 2-0 up and blew it. I don't care much about who the opposition was , or which competition we were playing in. There was enough quality in our team to win that game and we threw it away. That disappoints and angers in equal measure.
Agreed. We know Poch won't take it laying down. But much rather a blip and learning experience in this game instead of Saturday or Wednesday.
These results will happen. The best teams don't let them happen when it matters.

It’s what other teams will take from it more than anything else. Two up, coasting, and West Ham got in amongst us and we crumbled. And we crumbled with a strong team on the pitch. It really points to a mental fragility still being present and others will have taken note, I’m sure.

This is my main worry; we couldn't deal with Spam's "put the farking ball in the mixer" football and after the first goal you could see it all coming sadly.
Jose will be licking his lips to take advantage of our vulnerability from set-pieces you can be sure..

I agree to a point, but we have to win trophies in the next couple of years or we will lose some of our top players. No point saying "we've got the most points in the league for the last 2 seasons" because it doesn't get you any trophies.

That I agree with to an extent. (I think wages and general direction of travel are likely to play as much a part as a minor trophy like the league cup). But it's a different point to us having weak mentality.

This is my main worry; we couldn't deal with Spam's "put the farking ball in the mixer" football and after the first goal you could see it all coming sadly.
Jose will be licking his lips to take advantage of our vulnerability from set-pieces you can be sure..

I think in isolation the incidents are not that bad, the first one would have been offside had Davies not stumbled, he wasn't fouled but he was kinda pushed (the mistake was not marking/closing the free man on the edge of the box who drove it back in). The second Foyth made a mistake, simple as that, he's only 14, it's gonna happen. You have to credit Ogbonna for the third, well timed run and a perfectly placed header.

It's not like they were pinning us back, they made a few chances and took them.

All a bit emotional on here... Is it because it was West Ham?

If Poch goes all in and plays his best 11 people will slag him for it taking it too seriously with CL/Utd etc coming up.

If Poch goes the other way and plays the kids, people will slag for not taking it seriously enough.

So he plays a second string side with a mix of first team (squad?) players and youth/fringe players. And he has a strong bench just in case.

For 45 minutes that team cruised to a win. Easily.

Second half, West Hams first 11 had a rocket put up them and really went for it. Lets be honest, neither they nor Bilic had anything to lose.

And we got caught out. We put in some of the big guns to try and turn it back, and had chances to do so, but it wasnt to be.

In the grand scheme of things I really fail to see what is such a big deal about the loss, to be quite honest.

Yes, it would have been nice to go through. But, I would readily accept tonights loss if it means good results in our next two games.

Quite frankly, they are more important.

I think in isolation the incidents are not that bad, the first one would have been offside had Davies not stumbled, he wasn't fouled but he was kinda pushed (the mistake was not marking/closing the free man on the edge of the box who drove it back in). The second Foyth made a mistake, simple as that, he's only 14, it's gonna happen. You have to credit Ogbonna for the third, well timed run and a perfectly placed header.

It's not like they were pinning us back, they made a few chances and took them.

Hmm, you make it sound like that's not Jose's MO...
:eek:
That's one manager that would have been proud of West Ham's goals last night...

Where was our mental fragility against Dortmund, Madrid and Liverpool?

I think those results are evidence that our issue against West Ham was arrogance or caring less, not mental fragility.

All a bit emotional on here... Is it because it was West Ham?

If Poch goes all in and plays his best 11 people will slag him for it taking it too seriously with CL/Utd etc coming up.

If Poch goes the other way and plays the kids, people will slag for not taking it seriously enough.

So he plays a second string side with a mix of first team (squad?) players and youth/fringe players. And he has a strong bench just in case.

For 45 minutes that team cruised to a win. Easily.

Second half, West Hams first 11 had a rocket put up them and really went for it. Lets be honest, neither they nor Bilic had anything to lose.

And we got caught out. We put in some of the big guns to try and turn it back, and had chances to do so, but it wasnt to be.

In the grand scheme of things I really fail to see what is such a big deal about the loss, to be quite honest.

Yes, it would have been nice to go through. But, I would readily accept tonights loss if it means good results in our next two games.

Quite frankly, they are more important.

Some fair points and perspective, but winning and losing can become habits; For example in respect of the bolded bit, if we lose our next two games, how will yesterday's loss look then?

Back