• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham Dildo Club***

Just to provide a little forward perspective on how dropping out of the league cup might benefit Spurs.

From now until after mid-January, anyone on the squad who matters will probably be looking at having to play two games a week . Could be three in mid-November for those national team players called up for either WC playoffs or int'l friendlies.

By not having to play the Carbon Cup quarter final skedded for Dec. 19-20, Pochettino will finally have an entire week to work with the players between two tough away games - Dec. 16 at Emirates Marketing Project and the 23rd at Burnley.

If we'd advanced and won into the two-leg semi finals, we'd be ramming those games between the FA Cup 3rd and 4th rounds with Everton at home and Southampton away sandwiched in between. And then the fun would begin with three games against ManU, @ Liverpool and Arsenal before the CL round of 16.

Now, they are offered a bit of breathing room to rest, recover and re-load for some very tough stretches of games that the players will know the importance of and will already have prioritized.

A shame to lose like that and see Bilic secure his future (four more years!) at West Ham. But there is a bit of a silver lining and we'll all surely be glad to see the club get some down time in those hectic stretches
Let's hope our rivals (and L'Arse) pick up several injuries and Poch makes use of the extra training time to win some big, shiny pots.

Pots would be nice. Or Poch could just maintain a very nice run of seasons in the top four playing entertaining football and growing the club's image and global appeal while we transition into a fantastic new stadium. I can work with that.

"...(and L'Arse)...". Tres drole. Tres bien.

From our first 11 you have Toby, Dier, Alli, one left back and maybe Trippier (could be Aurier). The rest play in the team and play plenty but are not our first 11
Due to injuries we haven't got a set first eleven so you don't even know who our first team is. That team has played plenty of games this season so are not a load of 'reserves' stop reaching and making excuses for them it was a poor game we wasn't even good in first half.....

Be interesting to know the ages of the fans who don't care about the Domestic Cups. Probably the newer generation that have had it built into them that Top 4/Money/Champions League/Money is everything. I'm 34 and the Cup wins are up the top of my best memories supporting Spurs.

I’m older than you, I flipped to the CL is everything a long time ago

I can’t get round the thinking that a club that have won 3 pots since 91 is far to big for any cup.

I also don’t understand why a manager who has won nothing is quick to write anything off till he gets the first one in the bag.

Yet we've shown against those very teams you mention that we are strong mentally when it matters.

I doubt the manager and the players care as little about the league cup as I do, but if they care much more then they're fools.

We are still sexy -

Last 3 years, as soon as we get close to winning some the choke comes. Without fail.

I can’t get round the thinking that a club that have won 3 pots since 91 is far to big for any cup.

I also don’t understand why a manager who has won nothing is quick to write anything off till he gets the first one in the bag.

It's about priorities though. He fielded a side he thought could win, and they looked to do so, but switched off. Knowing Poch he is no doubt disappointed with our performance. I won't believe for a second that he put out a second string to lose on purpose, he obviously wouldn't do that, but seeing as we've got Old Trafford on Saturday morning (in effect only a little more than two days later), a bit of squad rotation was needed.

Poor mentality from our lads, but that's life. It's disappointing, but definitely not the end of the world.

It's about priorities though. He fielded a side he thought could win, and they looked to do so, but switched off. Knowing Poch he is no doubt disappointed with our performance. I won't believe for a second that he put out a second string to lose on purpose, he obviously wouldn't do that, but seeing as we've got Old Trafford on Saturday morning (in effect only a little more than two days later), a bit of squad rotation was needed.

Poor mentality from our lads, but that's life. It's disappointing, but definitely not the end of the world.

He has driven that with his comments about the cup, just dont say anything....

lads, its ok to lose

Still waiting for the perspective to fully kick in.

I understand our priorities are PL and CL. I understand that some of last night’s starters have their eye on Utd on Saturday.
But the galling thing is that we didn’t need to exert ourselves to win last night. We got to 2-0 without breaking sweat. That same level of application in the second half (ie 2nd-3rd gear) would have seen us comfortably through. If Poch didn’t want us to go through then why start so many first teamers? Why bring on Dembele and Eriksen? Priorities or otherwise I don’t believe Poch sets out to lose any game. The “winning mentality” that he speaks of so much was severely lacking in almost every player in that second half. And that is the most frustrating thing about last night.

Yes we save ourselves some fixture congestion and that will be a good thing. Winning the league cup might be meaningless in the greater scheme of things A win against Utd on Saturday will be much more important, I get that. But that doesn’t mean it’s wrong to be annoyed at the throwing away of a 2 goal lead in a game that was wholly within our control.

Utter rubbish.

Of course it matters, even if it is to get this squad in the habit of winning

Jose’s first trophy which opened the flood gate

We are not going to win the league this year with the Wembley affect nor the CL - leaves this and the FA cup.

Plus losing when 2-0 is just a shambles.

I don't buy into this.

Jose won a lot of pots because his teams were good, not because the league cup is somehow a master key to winning the others.

I think the last two or three years under Poch in general, vs one under par second half disproves that.

I agree to a point, but we have to win trophies in the next couple of years or we will lose some of our top players. No point saying "we've got the most points in the league for the last 2 seasons" because it doesn't get you any trophies.

In the grand scheme of things, going out of the league cup isn't the end of the world. However, it represents our best chance of winning a trophy this season. We can't seem to get past the semis of the FA Cup, we're probably 9th/10th favourite to win the CL at a guess. We've got an outside chance of winning the title but Emirates Marketing Project look very strong and we just seem to fall short the last couple of years. I put that down to a combination of the odd team being slightly better than us, our mentality still not quite being good enough and perhaps some bad luck along the way too what with our rivals having no European football and no injuries.

Very annoyed but not really surprised with this result. We have never been convincing in any League Cup, FA Cup or even the EL matches under Pochettino. It is clear Pochettino only takes the league and CL seriously. This match also proves we don't have enough squad depth as we always struggle whenever the regulars are rested. It is unforgivable the way we lost this match 2-3 after leading 2-0 in the first half. This defeat is up there among the most humiliating Cup defeats we have suffered including the 3-4 defeat to 10-man ManCity after leading 3-0 in 2004 FA Cup.

Credit to Sissoko and Alli for the goals and Son for assisting both. But we failed to find the magical third goal which would have sealed this match. Instead, we were poor and didn't look like scoring in the second half. Our lack of regular goal scorers other than Kane ultimately proved to be our downfall. Found it unacceptable that Pochettino took out Llorente and Son just when we were badly looking for goal being down at 2-3. Getting really impatient with Llorente as he looks more and more like Soldado and Janssen rather than the striker who scored 15 goals for Swansea last season.

Our midfield did well in the first half but completely got outclassed in the second half. This is what you get when you rest many regulars. We should have at least started with Eriksen or the improving Winks instead of error-prone Dier. Sissoko played well in the first half but went missing in the second half. By the time Dembele and Eriksen came on, it was already too late for us.

It was unforgivable the way our defence conceded all the goals within a 15 minutes in second half. Our defence went missing for all the 3 goals. It is clear Alderweireld only plays well when he has Vertonghen as partner in defence. We should have at least started with Sanchez with Alderweireld. Foyth with his lack of experience was not going to help Alderweireld much in defence.

It is annoying the way we exit the League Cup. Pochettino failed to learned the lesson after the way we struggled against Barnsley in Round 3. You cannot expect to win any Cups by resting many regulars especially when you don't have enough squad depth. Let's hope Pochettino will learn a thing or two from this and take our future Cup matches more seriously from now on.

Back