• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham Dildo Club***

Well just back home from Wembley. About the only good thing about that shameful second half performance was that I didn't have to queue up for the train home and even got a seat, as so many people had buggered off long before the final whistle.

Hopefully Dele et al respond to this humiliating reverse and put in a professional 90 minutes against ManU and Madrid.

:oops:

DNA-P0BW0AA0DRz.jpg

I don't think our treatment of the two cups is the same.

Yes, we clearly prioritise the league and the CL as any team should. We play stronger teams in the equivalent stages of the FA Cup, but like pretty much every other team, focus more on more important competitions.

“I think, what it means for a big team to win trophies, is to win the Premier League or Champions League."

“There are a lot of examples: in my second season at Southampton, Wigan won FA Cup. Where is Wigan today, with all my respect? League One. Look – that is the most important example. Of course, I would like to win trophies but first of all we'll fight for the Premier League or the Champions League.” - Mauricio Pochettino, September 2017

He really doesn't give much of a crap about the FA Cup either. And I have predictably groused about it long and hard.

Be interesting to know the ages of the fans who don't care about the Domestic Cups. Probably the newer generation that have had it built into them that Top 4/Money/Champions League/Money is everything. I'm 34 and the Cup wins are up the top of my best memories supporting Spurs.

I'm in my late twenties, and my most delirious moment supporting us was when the final whistle blew against Chelsea at Wembley in 2008. It's less of an age thing than it is a tendency to adopt the 'modern' view of what's important in football - which many younger fans also dislike.

Hell, it's one of the few things I am in 100% agreement with @parklane1 on, despite the apparent age gap. The cups f*cking matter, and he usually puts it across more clearly and succinctly than I can.

Of course they have, they cannot say any thing else. The truth is, the league cup is the lowest priority competition that we are in this season and rightly so.

I believe that we can win trophies. We are a good side and getting better.

Eriksen, Dele and Kane will not stay with us if we win just the league cup. It needs to be more, none of them would be happy with a league cup winners medal.

Be interesting to know the ages of the fans who don't care about the Domestic Cups. Probably the newer generation that have had it built into them that Top 4/Money/Champions League/Money is everything. I'm 34 and the Cup wins are up the top of my best memories supporting Spurs.

I'm 37 and winning the FA Cup in 1991 felt special. It was a huge thing back then but the competition means very little now. Winning the League Cup under Graham didnt mean much. The League Cup win under Ramos on the day felt like the beginning of something but the entire season fell apart.

So many pundits come out with the gonad*s line that winning a trophy means you are driven to win more. But not in that squad. It was as if we've done our work for the year and that's it. And then that's as much as I'm gonna achieve here I might as well move on.

I fear that would be the same thing if we end up with an FA Cup or Europa League win. The likes of Alli, Rose, Alderweireld and Eriksen could easily have the mindset "I have my medal and the memories of the celebrations and now I'm off".

But we are at no risk of winning any trophy were we have to field a second string side at some point. Poch's second strings have always gone out half arsed and unmotivated all through his reign here. That's the downside you have to accept with all the good things Poch brings.

I'm 37 and winning the FA Cup in 1991 felt special. It was a huge thing back then but the competition means very little now. Winning the League Cup under Graham didnt mean much. The League Cup win under Ramos on the day felt like the beginning of something but the entire season fell apart.

So many pundits come out with the gonads line that winning a trophy means you are driven to win more. But not in that squad. It was as if we've done our work for the year and that's it. And then that's as much as I'm gonna achieve here I might as well move on.

I fear that would be the same thing if we end up with an FA Cup or Europa League win. The likes of Alli, Rose, Alderweireld and Eriksen could easily have the mindset "I have my medal and the memories of the celebrations and now I'm off".

But we are at no risk of winning any trophy were we have to field a second string side at some point. Poch's second strings have always gone out half arsed and unmotivated all through his reign here. That's the downside you have to accept with all the good things Poch brings.
Every one of these domestic cup games raises the question of the priorities at the Club. Unless someone has ITK we can all speculate what latters inside Hotspur Way and put forward what our priorities are as fans. I think it's a HUGE ask for us to win the Prem or the CL - it would take Emirates Marketing Project getting a few injuries (especially to De Bruyne, who is the greatest footballer the world has ever seen) and us getting some massive luck in the CL. So while we aim for glory, the reality is that with our young, less-funded squad we are punching way above our weight in The Fight For Champions League Qualification (thread to be started shortly).

So many pundits come out with the gonads line that winning a trophy means you are driven to win more. But not in that squad. It was as if we've done our work for the year and that's it. And then that's as much as I'm gonna achieve here I might as well move on.

I'm 39 years old and the 1991 FA Cup win (back when the pubs would be packed all day as every football fan wanted watch the final) is by far my happiest memory as a Tottenham fan.

Those League Cup wins were nice days but that has always been the least important trophy to pick up and neither of those wins proved to be the steppingstones to greater things; as you've said.

The FA Cup is not it used to be and the Europa Cup would be a more glorious achievement which (coupled with CL qualification) I think should keep our star players content if we were to pick it up.

However, Pochettino has his eyes on those 2 biggest prizes and being champions of England is a realistic aim with our current squad (injuries permitting) so I'll happily overlook tonight's aberration if he can end our 57 year wait for a league title...

Every one of these domestic cup games raises the question of the priorities at the Club. Unless someone has ITK we can all speculate what latters inside Hotspur Way and put forward what our priorities are as fans. I think it's a HUGE ask for us to win the Prem or the CL - it would take Emirates Marketing Project getting a few injuries (especially to De Bruyne, who is the greatest footballer the world has ever seen) and us getting some massive luck in the CL. So while we aim for glory, the reality is that with our young, less-funded squad we are punching way above our weight in The Fight For Champions League Qualification (thread to be started shortly).

I don’t think any ITK or speculation is needed. Poch has been quite open and clear that the PL and CL are the priority.

I think my anger regarding this result stems from the fact that we were 2-0 up and blew it. I don't care much about who the opposition was , or which competition we were playing in. There was enough quality in our team to win that game and we threw it away. That disappoints and angers in equal measure.

If we was going to loose any game in this period I would have chosen this one and we all know how Poch uses a defeat to get more out of the players over the following fee games

Well let's look at Yanited, Cheat$ki, City and the Gooners. They all aspire to win the league, go far in Europe too and they all safely navigated their ties and are ensconced in the quarters. Then look at us. Pathetic!

Last edited:
Just to provide a little forward perspective on how dropping out of the league cup might benefit Spurs.

From now until after mid-January, anyone on the squad who matters will probably be looking at having to play two games a week . Could be three in mid-November for those national team players called up for either WC playoffs or int'l friendlies.

By not having to play the Carbon Cup quarter final skedded for Dec. 19-20, Pochettino will finally have an entire week to work with the players between two tough away games - Dec. 16 at Emirates Marketing Project and the 23rd at Burnley.

If we'd advanced and won into the two-leg semi finals, we'd be ramming those games between the FA Cup 3rd and 4th rounds with Everton at home and Southampton away sandwiched in between. And then the fun would begin with three games against ManU, @ Liverpool and Arsenal before the CL round of 16.

Now, they are offered a bit of breathing room to rest, recover and re-load for some very tough stretches of games that the players will know the importance of and will already have prioritized.

A shame to lose like that and see Bilic secure his future (four more years!) at West Ham. But there is a bit of a silver lining and we'll all surely be glad to see the club get some down time in those hectic stretches

I find a lot of the opinions quite amazing on here, "Tottenham Hotspur, the team too good to win things". Downright gonad*s exit as usual. The first decent cross of the match comes literally the minute after Llorente gets subbed. tossers.

One thing this manager always does is learn from mistakes. Prepare for an unbeaten run...as for the game, the problem is so clear and obvious I have no worries that Poch will sort it.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Pochettinno is a pratt!
He said didn’t matter and guess what they played like it didn’t in the second half!
Did get say it at halftime? I think the issue here is we may have gotten a bit too c.ocky for our own good. We drew at the Bernabeu, we smashed Lollerpool, we were walking this one in the first half. We thought we just needed to show up in the second half and without trying the job would be done. Against a team that the only thing it has left to aim for this season is this cup. Tsk tsk

Back