• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v West Bromwich Albion*** Saturday 12th April 15:00

bentaleb recycles the ball at the prodigious rate, but i much prefer the movement against sunderland where we had very experienced players ade, chadli, eriksen all roaming around the pitch. its something that suits sherwoods philosophy of players doing what they need to to (coach doesnt need to know). when bentaleb plays it feels to me the instruction is to pass to bentaleb as much as possible, slowing us down, making us predictable.

...sorry - Sandro this year is way off the old Sandro pre-injury...too slow to the ball, late tackles resulting in fouls...I'd rather have somebody on the pitch with a chance of scoring - like Siggy at DM...
COYS

West Brom have drawn five of their six Premier League home games under Pepe Mel, losing the other. Four of these games have ended 1-1.

Tottenham are unbeaten in eight Premier League meetings with the Baggies (W4 D4), scoring exactly once in six of these games.

Spurs (25 from 14 games) have won more points than north London rivals Arsenal (22 from 14 games) in the Premier League in 2014.

Since Tim Sherwood first took charge of Spurs in the Premier League, the only player to have scored more goals in the competition than Emmanuel Adebayor (10) is Daniel Sturridge (11).

Ten of Adebayor's 15 Premier League goals for Spurs since the start of 2012-13 have come away from home, including seven of the 10 this season.

Eleven of West Bromwich Albion's goals have been netted by substitutes this season, more than any other side. This includes five of their last 10 goals in the Premier League.

Victor Anichebe has had more impact than any other substitute in the Premier League this season, scoring or assisting five goals as a replacement (three goals, two assists).

Tottenham currently have a goal difference of 0. Just four sides in Premier League history have finished the season with exactly the same number of goals scored as they have conceded.

This will be just the seventh time that Tottenham have played a Premier League game on a Saturday this season - every other team have already played at least 12 PL games on a Saturday in 2013-14.

Christian Eriksen has scored three goals and assisted three more in his last three Premier League appearances for Tottenham.

This will be just the seventh time that Tottenham have played a Premier League game on a Saturday this season - every other team have already played at least 12 PL games on a Saturday in 2013-14.

Scandalous..

Scandalous..
europa league??

europa league??

PL games on Sunday/Monday but without a EL game on the previous Thursday:
Crystal Palace (A)
Aston Villa (A)
Everton (A)
Emirates Marketing Project (A)
Southampton (A)
Stoke (H) but we played in the PL on the previous Thursday (Boxing Day)
Swansea (A)
Everton (H)
Liverpool (A)
Sunderland (H)

lol if Lennon starts.

I don't see that there is another option unless Sherwood fancies playing Dembele there again. Townsend is massively off form. I know that everyone is giving Lennon a kicking at the moment but I think that he is a lot better than people are giving him credit for.

I don't see that there is another option unless Sherwood fancies playing Dembele there again. Townsend is massively off form. I know that everyone is giving Lennon a kicking at the moment but I think that he is a lot better than people are giving him credit for.

I believe Dembele is out with a knock according to that Michael Bridge chap.

[tweet]454669881523572736[/tweet]

Spurs boss admits defender is racing to be fit before end of season - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Journal
Tim Sherwood admits Kyle Walker is racing to be fit before the end of the season, but he still expects the right-back to go to the World Cup with England.

Walker has missed the last five games with a pelvic injury and, with five Premier League matches remaining, he is running out of game time ahead of the summer’s tournament in Brazil – but Sherwood is confident that he will remain in Roy Hodgson’s plans.

Asked if Walker is worried that he might miss the World Cup, Spurs’ head coach replied: “I’m not sure if he’s concerned at that length. We’re concerned immediately because he’s not fit and probably it’s very doubtful if he’d be fit for next week as well - but we’re hoping to see him out there on the training field as soon as possible.

“He’s still got a lot of time before the World Cup and there’ll be a few friendlies for England as well. Kyle is one of the best right-backs and I’m sure he’ll be on that plane even if he doesn’t make an appearance for Tottenham by the end of the season.”

Walker is not the only absentee at White Hart Lane, with Erik Lamela, Jan Vertonghen, Roberto Soldado, Mousa Dembele and Etienne Capoue also out of action, and Sherwood says there will be no reinforcements for tomorrow’s trip to West Brom.

“No-one’s coming back,” he said. “It’s Soldado’s second day training today but he got carried off at Liverpool so I’m surprised he is back so quick.

“I’m pleased but we can’t rush him back after a hamstring injury as it is liable to go again so we have to be careful with that one.”

Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs

Last edited:

If Townsend is massively off form then Lennon is horrifically off form, Townsend at least has the excuse of coming back from injury. As for who should play there, Chadli or Eriksen, either would offer ten fold what Lennon does. It's an absolute joke how Lennon is immune from being dropped or "rotated", he's literally contributed nothing for three months now yet it seems as though the team sheet has his name permanently printed on it with Sherwood left to fill in the other ten names.

Back