• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v West Bromwich Albion*** Saturday 12th April 15:00

Really disappointed and ashamed with the actions of our fans still in the concourse during the minute silence! They all knew the occasion and what it was for but couldn't keep their 'kin mouths shut for 60 'kin seconds!

Who was the silence for?

Just back from the annual detour around the West Bromwich area.

F#ck me, what a day. One nil down while still in the concourse, 2-0 down before we got to our places. You just knew Ade would miss, you just felt it wasnt our day. Livid at 3-0, very very rarely boo, but that first half-hour was disgusting.

But what a difference at HT break makes. After being shell-shocked for 45mins, the fans in the second half were amazing, we really got behind the team. Good comeback, okay we dropped two points, no arguments there, but it almost feels like a win.

Well done ref, probably would have normally have been 4mins added time but rightly added on more for the outrageous timewasting by Foster in particular. How apt that we scored the eqauliser in the two mins that would not have been played had they just got on with it.

3-0 and you f#cked it up. Oh and front row for a change, nice

View attachment 1930View attachment 1931

Oh, and loving Harry Kane, is that the same number of league goals from open play as Soldado. Keep him in for the last 4 games

LOL Did you take those pics with a calculator?

I know Vlad had a poor game, misplaced passes, lacked of pace etc, but to be hauled off at half time, which made it looked
as if all the goals were his fault, was a bit too harsh in my own opinion.

Reviewing the goals:

1. Rose was skinned at left back, and Eriksen was too slow to cover. The cross was cleared but feel to Vydra where Chadli was the closest. That wasn't Vlad's territory who was lost.

2. Again the cross came from right wing (Rose and Eriksen area), Kaboul and Vlad (I think) went for the ball but the West Brom forward managed to head it towards the far post where to ball hung in the air like eternity, before Brunt volleyed it home. Where was Naughton??? Well he was right in the mix with Vlad and Kaboul in the centre. Again it was our right back who lost his territory.

3. Kaboul had marauded upfield and was chasing a lose ball in the West Brom's right back area, to no avail, and was sauntering back. A ball came towards him near the centre line while he was tracking back. He should have cleared the ball OUT for a throw-in, knowing his backline was not ready. Instead he headed it back towards our backline, who had only Vlad left, tracking Sessegnon. He was wrong footed and their nippy forward went on to score. Again, where was our right back? And why was Kaboul so far upfield and why didn't he clear the ball OUT when it came to him??

In my humble opinion, ROSE had a shocker, not for the first time at that. His positioning is wrong, dived blatantly, and skied his shot when put on a plate for him. He should be taken off and put Fryers there instead!

Vlad was the easy one to pick out as a spacegoat, knowing how Sherwood had ranted about our flop signings.

I know Vlad had a poor game, misplaced passes, lacked of pace etc, but to be hauled off at half time, which made it looked
as if all the goals were his fault, was a bit too harsh in my own opinion.

Reviewing the goals:

1. Rose was skinned at left back, and Eriksen was too slow to cover. The cross was cleared but feel to Vydra where Chadli was the closest. That wasn't Vlad's territory who was lost.

2. Again the cross came from right wing (Rose and Eriksen area), Kaboul and Vlad (I think) went for the ball but the West Brom forward managed to head it towards the far post where to ball hung in the air like eternity, before Brunt volleyed it home. Where was Naughton??? Well he was right in the mix with Vlad and Kaboul in the centre. Again it was our right back who lost his territory.

3. Kaboul had marauded upfield and was chasing a lose ball in the West Brom's right back area, to no avail, and was sauntering back. A ball came towards him near the centre line while he was tracking back. He should have cleared the ball OUT for a throw-in, knowing his backline was not ready. Instead he headed it back towards our backline, who had only Vlad left, tracking Sessegnon. He was wrong footed and their nippy forward went on to score. Again, where was our right back? And why was Kaboul so far upfield and why didn't he clear the ball OUT when it came to him??

In my humble opinion, ROSE had a shocker, not for the first time at that. His positioning is wrong, dived blatantly, and skied his shot when put on a plate for him. He should be taken off and put Fryers there instead!

Vlad was the easy one to pick out as a spacegoat, knowing how Sherwood had ranted about our flop signings.

To be fair, two of those West Brom goals were the direct result of fouls on our players which were missed by the match officials.

That's not to say that the points you make aren't perfectly valid, but on another day we might have had a bit more luck with those decisions.

You have to think whoever takes over has to replace Rose, Naughton, Dawson, Kaboul, as all are simply not upto it...

Just back from the annual detour around the West Bromwich area.

F#ck me, what a day. One nil down while still in the concourse, 2-0 down before we got to our places. You just knew Ade would miss, you just felt it wasnt our day. Livid at 3-0, very very rarely boo, but that first half-hour was disgusting.

But what a difference at HT break makes. After being shell-shocked for 45mins, the fans in the second half were amazing, we really got behind the team. Good comeback, okay we dropped two points, no arguments there, but it almost feels like a win.

Well done ref, probably would have normally have been 4mins added time but rightly added on more for the outrageous timewasting by Foster in particular. How apt that we scored the eqauliser in the two mins that would not have been played had they just got on with it.

3-0 and you f#cked it up. Oh and front row for a change, nice

View attachment 1930View attachment 1931

Oh, and loving Harry Kane, is that the same number of league goals from open play as Soldado. Keep him in for the last 4 games

Having lived in the West Midlands (Walsall) during my Uni years about 15 years ago, I forgot how much of a dump it is and why I hated the area so much!

I've only been back for a flying visit a couple of times since, my previous visit was to Villa Park earlier this season and that consisted of getting the train to New Street and then to Aston and back straight after the game. Today due to the train timings we had over an hour to kill either side of the game and the area (West Bromwich and Brum City Centre) really haven't faired well, they were hardly great 15 years ago, it really is a depressing place to be. *Not sure whether this should have been posted on TripAdvisor rather than GG!

First visit to The Hawthorns and found it to be a pleasant enough ground, and a great view (row O) right behind the goal and a nice touch to open the doors at half time so managed to get out and enjoy a cider in the sunshine, however not sure whether the sausage tossing will catch on... The travelling support was (unsurprisingly) quiet in the first half with a few shouts of Levy/Sherwood out and bemusement at the performance, quite a few people joining in with the WBA fans singing 'sacked in the morning'. In the second half the support for the team was incredible and think it gave the players that added belief. A shame that some of those were finishing off their pre-match beers in the concourse could be heard chanting during the minutes silence for the victims of the Hillsborough disaster (apparently a few people told me that were sitting near us said they were told to be quiet but ignored it, I hope that wasn't the case and it was unintentional).

The game was one that we should have won and even at 3-0 there was the belief that we could still get at least a draw without actually playing that well. The defensive lapses are getting ridiculous and at this level they will be punished 99 times out of 100. I'm sure that something was mentioned last season that after a run of conceding late goals the training methods at the end of sessions were made to be ones that involved more metal awareness, I'd hope that the incoming/current coaching staff look to get to the route of the problem. I don't believe it's individuals faults as these same players whether first choice or not looked much more secure than they do now.

A drawn game that felt like a win due to the late equaliser, which hopefully will give the players that belief to go in to the last few games of the season to go out and enjoy the football they're capable of playing, or is that too much to hope for!

I like these type of posts. Could we bring back the "Just back from the match thread"?
I love reading about the actual match day events, rather than just seeing MOTD highlights or reading the doom and gloom on the OMT.
Totally different experience actually going to the game. It's also handy for tips and tricks on getting to and from away games.

You have to think whoever takes over has to replace Rose, Naughton, Dawson, Kaboul, as all are simply not upto it...

When Naughton is played in his natural position at right back, he's a more than adequate replacement for Kyle Walker.

Have they not had enough silences?

I'm not surprised our fans wanted beer instead of yet another silence at a match that has no relevance.

Maybe so, but it is the 25th anniversary plus there was the recent court ruling, so it's current news.

I don't think we can begrudge a moment's silence for the dead. Especially as it so easily could have been Spurs fans in that position.

Ledley carried Dawson and Kaboul when he played. Rose is braindead. I wouldn't give up entirely on Naughton as a squad player but if any of them are in our starting line up on next seasons opener don't expect an end to the chucklebrother defending.

I'm not sold on Walker either. He's braindead too.

Dreadful start to the game again. We just don't know how to get going it seems.

Some positives for sure, but really we should be doing so much better.

Ledley carried Dawson and Kaboul when he played. Rose is braindead. I wouldn't give up entirely on Naughton as a squad player but if any of them are in our starting line up on next seasons opener don't expect an end to the chucklebrother defending.

I'm not sold on Walker either. He's braindead too.

I think Walker's plenty good enough - and I can't see us easily getting any one better. He's improving and he seems to want to be here.

Naughton has said he wants to go if he's not first choice, which at 25, is fair enough.

Dawson is on an increasingly alarming decline, sadly, as I like the guy and what he's done for us.

Kaboul, well, he's rusty. If he can stay fit then there should be some miles in the tank.

Vert looks like his head's out the door already.

Vlad needs time, young guy, new league, 2 managers, long injury. Won't judge him harshly on this season.

So, we need at least 2 CBs, probably 3 if you include a back up - which may be Velkjokovoijklovviic.

Either way, we need some damn right organisation at the back!

I like these type of posts. Could we bring back the "Just back from the match thread"?I love reading about the actual match day events, rather than just seeing MOTD highlights or reading the doom and gloom on the OMT.
Totally different experience actually going to the game. It's also handy for tips and tricks on getting to and from away games.

I used to do that quite regular if we came back the same day. I considered doing it last night but I currently get the impression the board needs topics to be 'lumped' together in relevant threads so I tagged onto the OMT.
But if its fine to do so I will quite happily start one after the Stoke match, we will back pretty soon for that game 35mins drive..makes a change.
I like reading other matchday experiences too, one of these days I will read a report from someone I was probably stood next too and didnt realise!

Really disappointed and ashamed with the actions of our fans still in the concourse during the minute silence! They all knew the occasion and what it was for but couldn't keep their 'kin mouths shut for 60 'kin seconds!

I imagine there would have been similar behaviour at most grounds. We've got our share of boorish idiots, but no monopoly.

I used to do that quite regular if we came back the same day. I considered doing it last night but I currently get the impression the board needs topics to be 'lumped' together in relevant threads so I tagged onto the OMT.
But if its fine to do so I will quite happily start one after the Stoke match, we will back pretty soon for that game 35mins drive..makes a change.
I like reading other matchday experiences too, one of these days I will read a report from someone I was probably stood next too and didnt realise!

Good stuff. I much prefer the postitives from going to games, as opposed to - I switched the tv off after a couple of minutes, we're ****, I didn't even celebrate after Eriksen's equaliser or Siggy's winner, etc.

I've two matches left - Fulham and Villa. I'm looking forward to them both.

Good stuff. I much prefer the postitives from going to games, as opposed to - I switched the tv off after a couple of minutes, we're ****, I didn't even celebrate after Eriksen's equaliser or Siggy's winner, etc.

I've two matches left - Fulham and Villa. I'm looking forward to them both.

Good stuff. You stopping over for the Fulham match as its Easter, make it a mini-holiday

Back