• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v West Bromwich Albion*** Saturday 12th April 15:00

There was a lot of Police, rather than Stewards in between the fans yesterday. Were things a bit nasty?

Now this is what I'm talking about!

I went mental when that third went in, nearly fell over the barrier.

I've only seen the goal once and on the day it didnt register, mainly because of the above, but IIRC only one Spurs player celebrated in front of the fans, the others wanted to get the ball off a WBA defender to get restarted quickly to try and grab the winner.
Lesson learned from the Old Trafford game maybe too

Nice to see us coming back from 3-0 down to draw 3-3. But this was definitely 3 points lost rather than a point gained. It is really poor to let shyte teams like WBA score 3 against us. Our defending is getting bad to worse all the time. Sherwood has to take large part of the blame for starting a lineup which was too attack-minded and without a defensive midfielder.

Despite the 3 goals conceded, we could have won this game if had make use of all the chances we created. Eriksen again deserves huge credit for the way he scored our third goal. It is no longer surprising to see Eriksen either score or create our goals as he has been very consistent lately. With 10 goals and 8 assists so far Eriksen, is one of the few things we can be proud about this season. Hope he will continue this form to next season.

Kane also deserves credit for scoring his 2nd league goal in a row. Hope he will become a consistent goal scorer for us. In contrast, was really annoyed to see Adebayor missing that penalty. It was a very poor penalty. Thought it was a soft penalty decision but to waste it like that was really annoying.

Surely, we need to make total changed to our defence next season. Don't think we can hope to finish in top 4 with a defence that keeps making stupid mistakes. It is really annoying to conceded 3 goals against shyte teams like WBA.

IMO, Eriksen and Kane was the only positive to take from this match. Hope they will continue their fine form in the remaining matches.

When Naughton is played in his natural position at right back, he's a more than adequate replacement for Kyle Walker.

I have to strongly disagree with you, Naughton is not good enough, he was awful against West Brom and bloody awful against Southampton and both of those games he was at right back. I've tolerated him purely because we have nobody else to play in that position.

The disappointing thing about the goal is that, the players were busy fighting with the WBA goalie for the ball instead of celebrating. Goals without players celebrating lacks the feel-good factor.

Are you serious? I would rather the players try and get a quick re-start to the game to try and score again than go and hug each other. They can do that later.

Are you serious? I would rather the players try and get a quick re-start to the game to try and score again than go and hug each other. They can do that later.

This was my take on it too.

Yes its great to see players celebrate a goal, but seeing the goal again on MOTD I was actually pleased to see them hurrying to get the ball to restart with 2mins left to see if they could snatch the win.

Plus we all saw what happened at OT when the players over-celebrated.

I went mental when that third went in, nearly fell over the barrier.

I've only seen the goal once and on the day it didnt register, mainly because of the above, but IIRC only one Spurs player celebrated in front of the fans, the others wanted to get the ball off a WBA defender to get restarted quickly to try and grab the winner.
Lesson learned from the Old Trafford game maybe too

I heard some chatter about our fans chanting during the one minute of siilence for the 96? Was there any? Only a small minority or?

I heard some chatter about our fans chanting during the one minute of siilence for the 96? Was there any? Only a small minority or?

Yes, Cant speak for up top in the stand, but I was down in the concourse in the queue for drinks, and two blokes either side of me purposedly chanted 'Yid army' all the way through the minute silence. There were told immediately beforehand it was about to happen, so they knew, one of them even questioned why we were having one.
Embarassing wasnt the word

Not in the stand, but there were people still in the concourse drinking and chanting during the minutes silence

What's worse?

Going three goals up only to draw 3-3?

Or going 3 goals behind and leveling things up?

What's worse?

Going three goals up only to draw 3-3?

Or going 3 goals behind and leveling things up?

Got to be the former. At least at 3-0 down, to level it up shows some sort of fight. Thankfully us Spurs fans have regularly experienced both \o/

Back