• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Swansea City***

So who will start v West Ham?

--------------lloris
aurier----sanchez----vert---rose(?)
---------wanyama---dembele(?)
---sissoko------dele-------eriksen
--------------kane

Rose is apparently out of West Ham and Wimbledon per some earlier comments; similar Dembele, which leaves me with the following, only 3 outfielders of which played the full 90 tonight:

--------------lloris
aurier----sanchez----vert---KWP
--------wanyama---Winks
---Sissoko---dele----eriksen
--------------kane

Just tuning in. Didn't think that it deserved a yellow tbh, but then the commentator said Olsen got one for less. Is he right?

No.

Sure, it was a foul but there's no malice, it's not dangerous and he was trying to play the ball - the guy just toe ended it away.

In real time, at close proximity it's just a footballing incident. Never a yellow, right decision.

Son's pen on the other hand was a clear one and I can't believe that wasn't given.

Why is the interviewer speaking to Eriksen as if he’s a tourist who doesn’t understand English?
To be fair he always looks a bit like he's slightly high, somewhat lost and disinterested in interviews.
No.

Sure, it was a foul but there's no malice, it's not dangerous and he was trying to play the ball - the guy just toe ended it away.

In real time, at close proximity it's just a footballing incident. Never a yellow, right decision.

Son's pen on the other hand was a clear one and I can't believe that wasn't given.
There's no malice, but it's in a situation where if Olsson gets past him Swansea are essentially in on goal. I think it gets given as a yellow with very few complaints often if Sanchez wasn't already on a yellow. Frequently referees does what Madley did, give the player a final warning instead of a second yellow. The inconsistency from referees in this means that it's frustrating when it goes against you.

Reckless from Sanchez and somewhat lucky to get away with it. He'll learn.

To be fair he always looks a bit like he's slightly high, somewhat lost and disinterested in interviews.There's no malice, but it's in a situation where if Olsson gets past him Swansea are essentially in on goal. I think it gets given as a yellow with very few complaints often if Sanchez wasn't already on a yellow. Frequently referees does what Madley did, give the player a final warning instead of a second yellow. The inconsistency from referees in this means that it's frustrating when it goes against you.

Reckless from Sanchez and somewhat lucky to get away with it. He'll learn.

That could be the only reason for a booking: the position on the field.

I'd have to see it again - I thought it was fairly wide out and I'd have thought there was cover.

I disagree that it was reckless; his leg was already in forward motion to kick the ball when the other guy nipped in just ahead of him.

Looks clumsy in slow mo but in real time it's not bad at all.

Maybe the ref took the conditions into account. (Not that I necessarily think he should).

Either way, Poch was right to sub him as he was definitely in the last chance saloon. We'll need him against Carroll on Thursday.

Dogged win. Loved that last run from alli ending in his goal. Great determination. And love that our boys in the stands support him whenever our opponents give him brick.

Not our best game, but who cares, clean sheet and three points. On to the next!

I'd have to see it again - I thought it was fairly wide out and I'd have thought there was cover.

I disagree that it was reckless; his leg was already in forward motion to kick the ball when the other guy nipped in just ahead of him.

Maybe the ref took the conditions into account. (Not that I necessarily think he should).

Either way, Poch was right to sub him as he was definitely in the last chance saloon. We'll need him against Carroll on Thursday.
Reckless. He had the ball and could have cleared it or found a pass to Lloris. He lost the ball, could have made it a physical duel and probably won it or at least kept the Swansea player facing the corner flag. But he wasn't aware of where the Swansea player was. Reckless for me. Particularly when on a yellow and 1-0 up.

If it was a Swansea defender, we would have been baying for a second yellow. Davinson is developing a careless streak to his game and it is - and will - cost us.

If it was a Swansea defender, we would have been baying for a second yellow. Davinson is developing a careless streak to his game and it is - and will - cost us.

Or, alternately, he's been playing non-stop for about three years now, and has had to adapt his game thrice in that time - to compete across environments in the Copa Libertadores, then to compete against Dutch forwards in the Eredivisie, and then, literally a year later, to adapt to forwards of all sorts in the Premier League.

And, in the space of the last couple of months or so, he's had to cope without Toby beside him to ease him in, and with having to cover for Trippier all the time - who is increasingly being shown up as a weak link against pacy wingers.

And he's just 21, to boot.

So, no, I don't think he's developing a 'careless streak'. He's being ever-so-slightly less than perfect in his decision making after a period where it was literally unbelievably how easily he took to the Premier League. It happens.

Back