• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v Swansea City ***

Wembley's sheer size and poor design absorbs the majority of excitement generated by fans, it a morgue atmosphere wise, always has been!
That said, yesterday display had feck all to do with Wembley.
The bottom line is we are now 2 from 9pts at home.

Grrrrrrrr.

And then some cretin screws up trains from Charing Cross. Apparently he ended up electricuting himself - my response of "Good!" was not well received among the bleeding heart liberals around me.

Grrrrrrrr.

And then some cretin screws up trains from Charing Cross. Apparently he ended up electricuting himself - my response of "Good!" was not well received among the bleeding heart liberals around me.

I was on-hand at the keyboard waiting to use your catchphrase after we scored a goal too. We originally could not make the match, but those plans went 'belly-up' just after dinner leaving us no time to get there in time for kick-off. It was almost a sign.

Maybe he wasn't pressing as much. But the point I was making is that most games he plays he doesn't really offer much during the whole 90 minutes. But he can come up with a goal or assist that saves him. Im beginning to question whether he's as good as all the hype that surrounds him....

I don't agree with that, last season he was everywhere, he was also involved in everything, it might just have been a lay off or a diversion run but there was always an influence on the play

he's not right at the minute

As for the team structure, personnel, and tactics I simply ask ... "Why?. Why? Why?"

Also, when we face this sort of team, we need an impact player off the bench. I'm all for having Georgiou and/or Edwards on standby from 55mins. We have a strong 3 at the back and ought to be moreressive up front.

I don't agree with that, last season he was everywhere, he was also involved in everything, it might just have been a lay off or a diversion run but there was always an influence on the play

he's not right at the minute
Not sure I totally agree,but I don't want to sound like I don't want to appreciate him as a player because I do so will leave it there. He could just be having a lull, he's a young player so have to expect dips in form.....

Like everyone I'm dissappointed we didn't win, but Swansea had a plan and stuck to it, they had their defensive angles worked out and got their blocks in when it mattered, my only moan would be that we didn't move the ball quickly. This is what we are going to get every week so the need to get an early goal is important. Some of our players could have done better but that only shows out when we don't win. I'm always surprised of the critisim of the coach when he makes changes which many wanted and it didn't work out. I hope we put a decent side out on Tuesday and don't go with some of the ridiculous options I've seen on here.
Yesterday was probably the last game I go to this season as I hate everything about Wembley, even my 8 year old grandson moaned about the number of people who go out before half time and return after the kickoff of the second half, it's like being at a tourist attractions and the catering is a major event.

I don't think you can say we don't score a lot, last season we scored more goals than any other team for instance and had several big dominant wins (4 or 5 goals). What is troubling is that the areas identified in the summer are coming to bite us, in football you always have to be moving forward. Teams will work out your style and adapt so what worked last season won't always work the next season. Everyone on here said we needed some pace and dribbling ability and this game proved that. We also need a ball playing midfielder, maybe that's why we were linked with Gomes and probably something we'll address next summer.

Either way we are still a good team with a solid defence but things just aren't coming off. The CL games will take a lot out of us and we're still adapting to big games midweek and at the weekend, all of that takes time. Lots of the teams around us have players with 50 CL appearances each etc and we don't have that yet.

On the plus side our away form is looking good and if we can beat West Ham next week then we'll be back on track as we got 1 point out of Everton and West Ham away last season. It sounds like the players out are on their way back in the next few weeks as well, probably after the international break.

Worth remembering as well that we had injuries / fitness concerns to: Rose, Davies, Wanyama, Dembele, Lamela and Nkoudou. That's quite a lot of missing players for any squad.

We do not take our chances we had over 20 efforts at goal and yet failed to score, it was the same against Burnley, its happened before and we have to become more clinical. I have heard all sorts of rubbish about the " Wembley hoodoo" " picking the wrong team" " poor use of subs" etc, but we would have won the game easily ( the same against Burnley) IF we finished off the chances we created.

I don't think you can say we don't score a lot, last season we scored more goals than any other team for instance and had several big dominant wins (4 or 5 goals). What is troubling is that the areas identified in the summer are coming to bite us, in football you always have to be moving forward. Teams will work out your style and adapt so what worked last season won't always work the next season. Everyone on here said we needed some pace and dribbling ability and this game proved that. We also need a ball playing midfielder, maybe that's why we were linked with Gomes and probably something we'll address next summer.

Either way we are still a good team with a solid defence but things just aren't coming off. The CL games will take a lot out of us and we're still adapting to big games midweek and at the weekend, all of that takes time. Lots of the teams around us have players with 50 CL appearances each etc and we don't have that yet.

On the plus side our away form is looking good and if we can beat West Ham next week then we'll be back on track as we got 1 point out of Everton and West Ham away last season. It sounds like the players out are on their way back in the next few weeks as well, probably after the international break.

I think Dembele is the dribbler and Winks could be the ball player.

We talk a lot about pace, but it's not going to do a lot of good against two, deep banks of four. Speed of passing and of thought is just as, if not more, important.

I also think we underestimate the (relative) pace that we do have.

The shot stat is not misleading - it is a fact!

I agree that some of the shots are wayward slashes or blocked attempts, but how many worldses have we seen from other teams where shots fly in from outside the box? Daniels from Bournemouth is a good example - not dissimilar to Trippiers late effort. How many corners have Saudi Sportswashing Machine scored from this season? Or Chelsea/United from free-kicks? - I think Eriksen last scored from a free kick for us against Swansea almost 2 seasons ago and yesterday we were just sharing them out?

We need to practice some of the basics more in my opinion.

I also think the Wembley pitch is not conducive to our fast passing game, The ball looks to "stick" and it takes our players a touch (often a dodgy one) to get it under control. I believe that this is partially the reason for our Wembley woes - and often the reason England look so lethargic at Wembley.

I have LONG stated that I think the turf/whatever is under it have had an impact. It plays slightly slower than the Lane and the lack of camber is an issue too IMO...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

The shot stat is not misleading - it is a fact!

I agree that some of the shots are wayward slashes or blocked attempts, but how many worldses have we seen from other teams where shots fly in from outside the box? Daniels from Bournemouth is a good example - not dissimilar to Trippiers late effort. How many corners have Saudi Sportswashing Machine scored from this season? Or Chelsea/United from free-kicks? - I think Eriksen last scored from a free kick for us against Swansea almost 2 seasons ago and yesterday we were just sharing them out?

We need to practice some of the basics more in my opinion.

I also think the Wembley pitch is not conducive to our fast passing game, The ball looks to "stick" and it takes our players a touch (often a dodgy one) to get it under control. I believe that this is partially the reason for our Wembley woes - and often the reason England look so lethargic at Wembley.

Agreed on the actual turf.
I have LONG stated that I think the turf/whatever is under it have had an impact. It plays slightly slower than the Lane and the lack of camber is an issue too IMO...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

We do not take our chances we had over 20 efforts at goal and yet failed to score, it was the same against Burnley, its happened before and we have to become more clinical. I have heard all sorts of rubbish about the " Wembley hoodoo" " picking the wrong team" " poor use of subs" etc, but we would have won the game easily ( the same against Burnley) IF we finished off the chances we created.
Over 20 efforts... I remember Kane trying a header from a 10 degree angle... I remember Son trying a shot from the same angle... these are very low value chances... I remember long shots...I remember Sissoko squared it for Kane and he hit the bar. That was a golden chance.

Other than that... Trippier crossed, Mawson headed it onto Olssen's hand, that was a penalty. And Aurier ran into the box and got tripped, that was also a penalty.

So yesterday wasn't about 20 great chances, we had one good chance I can remember from Kane, and we should have had 2 penalties from the pressure.

We need to pass quickly and make runs into the box and/or dribble into the box to cause panic and/or deliver high quality crosses for headers... what we don't need is pedestrian play, slowly going out to the left, then back, then across, the over to the right, then back out, then waiting waiting zzzzz...

We need to pass quickly and make runs into the box and/or dribble into the box to cause panic and/or deliver high quality crosses for headers... what we don't need is pedestrian play, slowly going out to the left, then back, then across, the over to the right, then back out, then waiting waiting zzzzz...
In other words we need a Messi.:rolleyes:

I think Dembele is the dribbler and Winks could be the ball player.

We talk a lot about pace, but it's not going to do a lot of good against two, deep banks of four. Speed of passing and of thought is just as, if not more, important.

I also think we underestimate the (relative) pace that we do have.

Potentially but Dembele doesn't really play 2 games in a week so we need someone else who can perform that role and Winks is unlikely to start more than 10 PL games so again we need another option there. Wanyama is actually better offensively than I thought he was which is an added bonus but it's not enough to compensate. Perhaps when Lamela comes back he'll be a useful option and maybe Nkodu can do something but it doesn't look like Poch trusts him. Maybe this Edwards guy can offer something but he's never played a PL game.

Back