• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v Swansea City ***

We had 23 fudging shots on goal, 23. Hit the bar at least once, plus two fairly clear penalties denied. Dominated the game, utterly.

On another day we would have won this 3 or 4-0.. Can I ask for some perspective please people? Please!?

'Wembley woes' or fudging Trippier filling in at left back wasn't the reason we didn't score today, for fudges sake.
Yes, we had some decisions going our way on Wednesday, and a few going against us today. brick happens. GHod damn frustrating anyway. This should have been a comfortable win.

Can't believe the ball didn't go in. We didn't play well but we were sneaking winners last season in these types of games when we didn't always play well (see West Ham and Burnley home). Frustrating, but please don't get on the teams back. Sitting with the people around me at Wembley I honestly believe we deserve to go back to a team of Stuart Nethercott's and Gary Doherty's. Stay with the team. COYS

Can't believe the ball didn't go in. We didn't play well but we were sneaking winners last season in these types of games when we didn't always play well (see West Ham and Burnley home). Frustrating, but please don't get on the teams back. Sitting with the people around me at Wembley I honestly believe we deserve to go back to a team of Stuart Nethercott's and Gary Doherty's. Stay with the team. COYS

We should have won, no question and I still believe.

The criticism today for me would be at two players, Trippier was poor, under no threat all game I lost count of how many times he had the option to put a cross in, and instead stood on the ball, killed the play and then passed backward. His only chance at a 1st team spot is based on his ability to put early crosses in against brick teams. Dele as well for me was off, involved, trying but seemed short of his usual magic.

Was in a wedding so didn't get to see it, but fudge it. We'll bounce back. Wembley hoodoo my ass. Coys! :D

I think for me the thing was the clear desperation that creeped in at the end. I have not seen us look like that in a while. Dier was trying to clip in balls and could not do it, we was shooting from range and they were flying over the bar. They defended well, they kept up the pace. But we had the chance, Kane onto the Bar. That goes in and we win 2 or 3 nil.

There is not a need to have a go at any certain player but you could see the lack of creativity in the centre, we needed a ball playing mid in there today. Son also should have stayed on, Alli seems to stay on no matter what he does. But Son who looked lively gets taken off.

We always seem to start the season slow. Its just we knew the media would be all over us about Wembley. And although we all feel its tripe, the fact we have lost more points at home already than last season points to the fact its right. We need a tricky wide player who can get crosses in no matter who is standing up in front of him, and we also need a ball playing midfielder.

For the amount of corners and free kicks around the box we had we never looked like scoring from them. We need to work on them a lot more. With the height we have in the side it could make a vital difference.

We had 23 fudging shots on goal, 23. Hit the bar at least once, plus two fairly clear penalties denied. Dominated the game, utterly.

On another day we would have won this 3 or 4-0.. Can I ask for some perspective please people? Please!?

'Wembley woes' or fudging Trippier filling in at left back wasn't the reason we didn't score today, for fudges sake.

In isolation yes.

But it's the same story against Burnley and Chelsea.

Luck it is not.

Plus the shot stat his misleading as it includes the desperate wayward slashes from Jan/Dier etc.

It was poor

Really? Played the same as he always does for me, only difference being he hasn't scored(yet)....
wasn't pressing as hard, was through on a couple of occassions but failed to make the most out of it (though he was being kicked at pretty much the same as in any other games)

wasn't pressing as hard, was through on a couple of occassions but failed to make the most out of it (though he was being kicked at pretty much the same as in any other games)
Maybe he wasn't pressing as much. But the point I was making is that most games he plays he doesn't really offer much during the whole 90 minutes. But he can come up with a goal or assist that saves him. Im beginning to question whether he's as good as all the hype that surrounds him....

In isolation yes.

But it's the same story against Burnley and Chelsea.

Luck it is not.

Plus the shot stat his misleading as it includes the desperate wayward slashes from Jan/Dier etc.

It was poor

The shot stat is not misleading - it is a fact!

I agree that some of the shots are wayward slashes or blocked attempts, but how many worldses have we seen from other teams where shots fly in from outside the box? Daniels from Bournemouth is a good example - not dissimilar to Trippiers late effort. How many corners have Saudi Sportswashing Machine scored from this season? Or Chelsea/United from free-kicks? - I think Eriksen last scored from a free kick for us against Swansea almost 2 seasons ago and yesterday we were just sharing them out?

We need to practice some of the basics more in my opinion.

I also think the Wembley pitch is not conducive to our fast passing game, The ball looks to "stick" and it takes our players a touch (often a dodgy one) to get it under control. I believe that this is partially the reason for our Wembley woes - and often the reason England look so lethargic at Wembley.

That does not look great, you can tell when our players get frustrated - They start taking pot shots from 30 yards.
I think it's intentional. We've been a high shot/low value team since Poch got here.

Most don't recognise it as a solid method over the long term due to the variability of longer range shots, but Poch seems to have created a system (and bought the players) whereby we keep scoring at above expected goals per shot from range.

The shot stat is not misleading - it is a fact!

I agree that some of the shots are wayward slashes or blocked attempts, but how many worldses have we seen from other teams where shots fly in from outside the box? Daniels from Bournemouth is a good example - not dissimilar to Trippiers late effort. How many corners have Saudi Sportswashing Machine scored from this season? Or Chelsea/United from free-kicks? - I think Eriksen last scored from a free kick for us against Swansea almost 2 seasons ago and yesterday we were just sharing them out?

We need to practice some of the basics more in my opinion.

I also think the Wembley pitch is not conducive to our fast passing game, The ball looks to "stick" and it takes our players a touch (often a dodgy one) to get it under control. I believe that this is partially the reason for our Wembley woes - and often the reason England look so lethargic at Wembley.
That's known as the Match of the Day effect

I think it's intentional. We've been a high shot/low value team since Poch got here.

Most don't recognise it as a solid method over the long term due to the variability of longer range shots, but Poch seems to have created a system (and bought the players) whereby we keep scoring at above expected goals per shot from range.

Where are the stats for that?

I think for me the thing was the clear desperation that creeped in at the end. I have not seen us look like that in a while. Dier was trying to clip in balls and could not do it, we was shooting from range and they were flying over the bar. They defended well, they kept up the pace. But we had the chance, Kane onto the Bar. That goes in and we win 2 or 3 nil.

There is not a need to have a go at any certain player but you could see the lack of creativity in the centre, we needed a ball playing mid in there today. Son also should have stayed on, Alli seems to stay on no matter what he does. But Son who looked lively gets taken off.

We always seem to start the season slow. Its just we knew the media would be all over us about Wembley. And although we all feel its tripe, the fact we have lost more points at home already than last season points to the fact its right. We need a tricky wide player who can get crosses in no matter who is standing up in front of him, and we also need a ball playing midfielder.

For the amount of corners and free kicks around the box we had we never looked like scoring from them. We need to work on them a lot more. With the height we have in the side it could make a vital difference.

On your last point, didn't Kane have a great near post header from a corner really well saved?

And I think it's not Wembley per se, it's the fact it's not WHL.

There was always going to be a drop off from last year but I have little doubt we'll come through it. We won 17 of 19 in the league last season... 17 of 19!

We were never going to match that, and I think this season is about consolidation. Any talk of the league on one hand or regression on the other are both misplaced.

This is an unprecedented situation; take any club out of their home and they'll struggle at first.

If Poch gets us top 4 this season I think it'll be his best achievement with us, so far.

Back