• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v Swansea City ***

I hate Wembley and always have!
Thought we had seen the back of all the "Wembley Woes Continue" headlines, sadly I was wrong!

If you think the answer to breaking down a stubborn team is playing someone with poor decision making skills and an overall ability significantly below that of our first 11, then you're going to be disappointed.

That said, I'd rather have had Barkley out there than Sissoko this season.
Only watched the first half and thought Sissoko did no worse than the rest. But he just looks...Bambi on ice. Is he wearing ping pong shoes? Not that he fell over or anything, he just moves about in a weird way, like it's icy out there and I worry he'll miss a five foot pass all the time as well.

It will be very interesting to see what kind of sanctions are slapped onto mike dean after that shambolic refereeing performance.

It is totally reprehensible for this total idiot to ignore constant Swansea handballs and then have the audacity to invent a handball against Aurier in order to give him a way out of making an important late decision. He also alarmingly countless times bought clear Swansea dives when a defender was at their back. It really was a pathetic refereeing performance and you damn know it was when even Poch complained about the referee which he never does.

He then booked Toby for no doubt raising the above the points.

Total bastard should be thrown into the championship next week.

Three games at Wembley now in the PL and only two goals. Worrying.

My mate said we have created something like 76 chances? Absurd.

I think Poch has to wear some of this, and I have faith he will, and will learn.

The meritocracy dictates that Alli should've been a sub today and Davies should've played. I think we are watching a sad situation unfolding with Alli, and I hope Poch can manage it; will be very very tough. This is where we need to remember the lad is a child with no genuine parental figures. Dangerous. But regardless, he cannot phone in half-performances.

I also could not understand why we didn't tell our wing-backs to run AT them, space gets created, etc. And when we did bring on Llorente, we cannot be too proud to use him. Swansea consistently left Toby and Jan on the ball, both happen to be top notch long range passers, yet Llorente on and we simply stopped using that avenue. We need to be be a little less proud sometimes.

Yes, it was also a bit unlucky but that doesn't override the fact that we had enough in our locker to adapt and win this game.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I think Poch has to wear some of this, and I have faith he will, and will learn.

The meritocracy dictates that Alli should've been a sub today and Davies should've played. I think we are watching a sad situation unfolding with Alli, and I hope Poch can manage it; will be very very tough. This is where we need to remember the lad is a child with no genuine parental figures. Dangerous. But regardless, he cannot phone in half-performances.

I also could not understand why we didn't tell our wing-backs to run AT them, space gets created, etc. And when we did bring on Llorente, we cannot be too proud to use him. Swansea consistently left Toby and Jan on the ball, both happen to be top notch long range passers, yet Llorente on and we simply stopped using that avenue. We need to be be a little less proud sometimes.

Yes, it was also a bit unlucky but that doesn't override the fact that we had enough in our locker to adapt and win this game.

I hope you are wrong with Dele but unfortunately think you may be right. He certainly looks distracted at the moment. Not his usual effervescent self. His lack of celebration after (I think) the Burnley goal was somewhat indicative that all is not well.

Dele has had loads of games like that for us, you think he should be subbed and then he goes and does something amazing. I'm not seeing anything unusual.

Dele has had loads of games like that for us, you think he should be subbed and then he goes and does something amazing. I'm not seeing anything unusual.

This it true.

How do we compare to last season? Not that much different with the same games played, except we're better off in the CL. Not the best start, 3 games that we've deserved more from - chelsea loss, and 2 draws. But considering we're in a new stadium, couple of new players, some injuries and compared to last season we're actually doing better, its not so bad is it?

Still frustrated!

Last edited:
The Trippier at LB thing was bonkers today - why he wasn't take off when it was clear that he cut inside or backwards every time is beyond me.

However equally baffling, but not much mentioned above, was the decision to not bring on either Dembele or Winks despite the fact that we were lacking creativity and that we'd only used 2 subs. To me, given that we had 3 CBs plus Dier on the pitch and Trippier wasn't working at LB, the obvious change was move Verts to LB and bring Dembele on for Trippier. If we weren't going to use Dembele or WInks in the situation today then when would we?

Totally agree, it's rare that he has a dominant performance over 90 minutes, but he is capable of magic and game changing moments. We have quite a machine-like team, so a player like Dele is very valuable to us. Just sometimes, he doesn't produce the magic. Over the course of the season, he will though.

The Trippier at LB thing was bonkers today - why he wasn't take off when it was clear that he cut inside or backwards every time is beyond me.

However equally baffling, but not much mentioned above, was the decision to not bring on either Dembele or Winks despite the fact that we were lacking creativity and that we'd only used 2 subs. To me, given that we had 3 CBs plus Dier on the pitch and Trippier wasn't working at LB, the obvious change was move Verts to LB and bring Dembele on for Trippier. If we weren't going to use Dembele or WInks in the situation today then when would we?

For me, Poch's use of substitutions remains his biggest weakness.

Just saw the post match interview with Poch, and it's the first time I've ever heard him openly criticize a referee. He said straight out that Dean made some bad mistakes and was poor. This coupled with the way we set up in the Dortmund game shows that Poch is expanding his way of influencing games. I was pleased to hear him speak his mind and not just being polite!

Just saw the post match interview with Poch, and it's the first time I've ever heard him openly criticize a referee. He said straight out that Dean made some bad mistakes and was poor. This coupled with the way we set up in the Dortmund game shows that Poch is expanding his way of influencing games. I was pleased to hear him speak his mind and not just being polite!

Poch is now in the big leagues though and he has to operate like that

We scored 5 at home last time against them. I'd say they would be happy with the above.

Of course they'd be happy, despite us dominating they got a result! Were they "comfortable" was the question. They rode their luck with the ref, cross bar and our poor finishing and final third play. Though all credit to Swansea Clement is an excellent manger. With few decent players he has them well drilled. The 19 forward Abraham looked very decent. Faster than Sanchez he wasn't bad at all. A player I think Poch might keep an eye on...

Last edited:
We had 23 fudging shots on goal, 23. Hit the bar at least once, plus two fairly clear penalties denied. Dominated the game, utterly.

On another day we would have won this 3 or 4-0.. Can I ask for some perspective please people? Please!?

'Wembley woes' or fudging Trippier filling in at left back wasn't the reason we didn't score today, for fudges sake.

Managers got to take the blame today

Playing 3 CB and a holding DM against a team with one up and no real attacking defence is a no no.

We had CBs joining in the attack instead of forwards.

Should have tried something different today - even if it was 442

All means start like we did, but we should have changed it at HT

This is my main/only real concern with Poch - he plays too many defenders . We started with 4 CBs he sometimes plays with 3 FBs. At the same time he plays with two D
Sometimes he only has three real attacking players. Eriksen, Ali and Kane. yes the FBs attack - but they are FBs and lack finesse.

We had 23 fudging shots on goal, 23. Hit the bar at least once, plus two fairly clear penalties denied. Dominated the game, utterly.

On another day we would have won this 3 or 4-0.. Can I ask for some perspective please people? Please!?

'Wembley woes' or fudging Trippier filling in at left back wasn't the reason we didn't score today, for fudges sake.

Maybe some shooting practice required?

Back