• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland Match History 1898-2013 (Asia Trophy)

i think South China will give us a game....this is my team

.................Gomes

Naughton....Caulker....Fryers....Rose

........Parker....Thudd....Livermore
....................Carrol
...........Dempsey....Townsend

and they can stay on all game

NOT a friendly.

A competitive pre-season game for silverware, which we have been beaten by Sunderland in, and will end up playing South China instead of showing Emirates Marketing Project what they are up against this year.

Not a good start.

Its not the loss its the total lack of pattern or tactics in our play, playing the high line dont help we are so esy to undo, Huddlestone made the mistake both centre halfs were pushed up the pitch and Caulker who imo is totally brain dead did not react at all, when we are in shape then all they done was went long ball, we looked awful, if we are going to play 4-3-3 then sell Siggy,Dempsey,Defoe,Parker and Livermore now to raise some funds for the players who fit the system, we just look so unaware and guilable.

What a load of nonsense. Since when has these mickey mouse pre season cups been important?

Ask the players that.

And what do you want, go into the first game of the season in no form whatsoever, and start off with brick results like last year?

We HAVE to breed a winning mentality, and this type of result does the opposite.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not shouting for AVBs head, and brick like that.

I just want us to be more clinical

Whether it's a cup final or a pre-season friendly, I want to see Spurs win every match, so obviously it's a disappointment to lose today. But at the same time it's ridiculous to read any meaning or omen into the game because the players will be treating it primarily as a fitness exercise, and - unlike Sunderland - I suspect there's a good few in our side who know they are likely to be off this summer, so don't have an incentive to impress the manager.

Its not the loss its the total lack of pattern or tactics in our play, playing the high line dont help we are so esy to undo, Huddlestone made the mistake both centre halfs were pushed up the pitch and Caulker who imo is totally brain dead did not react at all, when we are in shape then all they done was went long ball, we looked awful, if we are going to play 4-3-3 then sell Siggy,Dempsey,Defoe,Parker and Livermore now to raise some funds for the players who fit the system, we just look so unaware and guilable.

One or two players likely to be starters at the start of the season on what can loosely be described as a pitch in an early pre-season game and you were expecting us to be tactically solid?

When a central midfielder drops deep to help bring the ball out then the centre backs are supposed to split and move up the pitch, at least that's what most teams do. Bringing the centre backs deeper to cover in case the central midfielder loses the ball makes no sense to me.

We were easy to undo in the last 10 minutes because we were pushing forward desperate for a goal, big whoop.

Ask the players that.

And what do you want, go into the first game of the season in no form whatsoever, and start off with brick results like last year?

We HAVE to breed a winning mentality, and this type of result does the opposite.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not shouting for AVBs head, and brick like that.

I just want us to be more clinical

Or cruise through it unbeaten, then play like brick when the other teams start giving a damn?

Pre season results mean absolutely nothing.

Or cruise through it unbeaten, then play like brick when the other teams start giving a damn?

Disagree completely.
Especially when we are beaten by Sunderland.

I will agree with comments above about the likes of Parker though. Why he is still starting is beyond me. He will be gone, IMHO.

One or two players likely to be starters at the start of the season on what can loosely be described as a pitch in an early pre-season game and you were expecting us to be tactically solid?

When a central midfielder drops deep to help bring the ball out then the centre backs are supposed to split and move up the pitch, at least that's what most teams do. Bringing the centre backs deeper to cover in case the central midfielder loses the ball makes no sense to me.

We were easy to undo in the last 10 minutes because we were pushing forward desperate for a goal, big whoop.

Nonsense we had no shape from the start, Huddlestone was playing well and moving the ball early which gave us false hope, Ade tried hard through the game but Siggy and Dempsey were contributing very little, we were getting done by the ball over the top when we were 1-0 up so the pushing forward bit dont rub, big big whoop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, its not just how we played its where are we going, our present players simply dont fit the way we are trying to play.

14 July 2008 Tavernes N 8-0
19 July 2008 CD Dénia N 4-2
24 July 2008 Hércules A 1–1
28 July 2008 Norwich A 5-1
30 July 2008 Leyton Orient A 5-1
1 August 2008 Celtic N 2-0
3 August 2008 Borussia Dortmund N 3-0
10 August 2008 AS Roma H 5–0

16 August 2008 Middlesbrough A 1-2
23 August 2008 Sunderland H 1–2
31 August 2008 Chelsea A 1–1
15 September 2008 Aston Villa H 1–2
21 September 2008 Wigan H 0–0
28 September 2008 Portsmouth A 0-2
5 October 2008 Hull City H 0–1
19 October 2008 Stoke City A 1-2

I agree about the result meaning nothing but its good to see progress in the way we are trying to play, the pitch never helped but thats the same for both sides.

14 July 2008 Tavernes N 8-0
19 July 2008 CD Dénia N 4-2
24 July 2008 Hércules A 1–1
28 July 2008 Norwich A 5-1
30 July 2008 Leyton Orient A 5-1
1 August 2008 Celtic N 2-0
3 August 2008 Borussia Dortmund N 3-0
10 August 2008 AS Roma H 5–0

16 August 2008 Middlesbrough A 1-2
23 August 2008 Sunderland H 1–2
31 August 2008 Chelsea A 1–1
15 September 2008 Aston Villa H 1–2
21 September 2008 Wigan H 0–0
28 September 2008 Portsmouth A 0-2
5 October 2008 Hull City H 0–1
19 October 2008 Stoke City A 1-2

Bentley was smashing them in that preseason...

I don't agree with "absolutely nothing" if we're talking about the entire pre-season as a whole, but results in a single game mean absolutely nothing.

Nonsense we had no shape from the start, Huddlestone was playing well and moving the ball early which gave us false hope, Ade tried hard through the game but Siggy and Dempsey were contributing very little, we were getting done by the ball over the top when we were 1-0 up so the pushing forward bit dont rub, big big whoop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, its not just how we played its where are we going, our present players simply dont fit the way we are trying to play.

The players that played today aren't the players that will play whatever way we try come the start of the season as we were missing at least 8-9, possibly 10 of the players that will (hopefully) be available come the first game of the season.

Not sure which part of my post you were referring to as nonsense, but I'll just ask the same question again. Were you expecting us to be tactically solid in this game all things considered?

I don't agree with "absolutely nothing" if we're talking about the entire pre-season as a whole, but results in a single game mean absolutely nothing.

If we were getting smashed every game I'd worry, but this single loss is not worth contemplating.

I agree about the result meaning nothing but its good to see progress in the way we are trying to play, the pitch never helped but thats the same for both sides.

The pitch is the same, but a bad pitch clearly benefits a team that wants to work hard, counter attack and play low risk long balls when in possession over a team that tries to play football through the middle.

Of course we could have been playing the percentage game looking to get a result and abandoned our passing game for a more direct long ball style ourselves, especially after going 1-0 up. I would expect us to when/if we play on a pitch like this during the season, but for this game I'm glad we didn't, this is pre-season and the result really doesn't matter.

We have no one who can play with a bit of technique or pass a football properly or keep the ball.

Without Bale we have no one going forward, its as simple as that.

We need 4/5 players if we want to compete for honours.

If we were getting smashed every game I'd worry, but this single loss is not worth contemplating.

lack of goals is....Swindon, Colchester, Sunderland.....2 goals scored

just a continuation from last seasons run in....no Bale, no threat

Back