• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT Tottenham Hotspur V Southampton **

Status
Not open for further replies.
He plays in a two for brazil. And that the only times he's ever played half decent.
Ive no idea where AVB got the idea of him as a number 10.

That's a bit disingenuous.

He plays in a two as part of a 4-2-3-1 which, tactically is far more like being one of a midfield 3 than it is part of a traditional midfield 2. He's also clearly the "box to box" one of those two rather than the "sitter".

Seeing as AVB was after Moutinho (or a similar player) that would suggest he saw Paulinho in that role too.

He plays in a two as part of a 4-2-3-1 which, tactically is far more like being one of a midfield 3 than it is part of a traditional midfield 2. He's also clearly the "box to box" one of those two rather than the "sitter".

Seeing as AVB was after Moutinho (or a similar player) that would suggest he saw Paulinho in that role too.

HE was after Moutinho the summer before though. It's not like he was after him as well as Invisibilinho.

---------------------------LLoris------------------------------

Naughton----------Kaboul-----Fryers-----------------Rose

---------------------------Sandro---------------------------

------------------Dembele-----Benteleb--------------------

---Townsend------------------------------------Eriksen----

-------------------------Adebayor--------------------------

I think it has 1-1 written all over it.

I will go 3-1 spurs.

for some reason I think we will give a peformance that actually makes me believe that we have goals in the team.

next season when we sign Benteke & Remy we will be even better :)

What you are describing is 4-1-4-1. Paulinho as a box to boxer is completely different to the Modric/Moutinho deep playmaker role. Chalk and Cheese in my opinion.

Naughton----------Kaboul---------Verts-----------Rose

Chadli-----------------------------------------------Eriksen

I will go 3-1 spurs.

for some reason I think we will give a peformance that actually makes me believe that we have goals in the team.

next season when we sign Benteke & Remy we will be even better :)

Sorry, Nigeyman , just let me remind you that it is a Sunday game after an away Thursday European game. We will be flat as usual unfortunately. The only bright side is that this will the last of those this season.

Sorry, Nigeyman , just let me remind you that it is a Sunday game after an away Thursday European game. We will be flat as usual unfortunately. The only bright side is that this will the last of those this season.

hmmm if only we could learn from atletico madrid....they have won two europa league's in recent history...they have learnt how to play midweek and then put in a peformance at the weekend...over the last few years they have sold quality players but still got stronger....their applications in the EL have stood them in good stead for this season in the UCL.

Basically they have used the experience of the EL and turned it into a positive...where as we just treat it as a distraction...and have failed dismally to find a peformance on a weekend after a european tie.

dont know why...but I think we are due a result/peformance and think we will get one tomorrow.

What you are describing is 4-1-4-1. Paulinho as a box to boxer is completely different to the Modric/Moutinho deep playmaker role. Chalk and Cheese in my opinion.

I'm not sure how you got that from my post.

I was saying that Paulinho and Moutinho clearly play very different roles, not the same one.

Please read a little more carefully before going in two footed, it would save me a lot of time.

HE was after Moutinho the summer before though. It's not like he was after him as well as Invisibilinho.

Naughton----------Kaboul-----Fryers-----------------Rose

---Townsend------------------------------------Eriksen----

For 3 seasons at Ajax he played in the number 10 position leading them to 3 titles in a role as well as playing there for his country, so how come you choose not to play him in that position at Spurs? It is obviously his strongest position where he can express his creativity the best? Why stick him out on the left?

Naughton----------Kaboul---------Verts-----------Rose

Chadli-----------------------------------------------Eriksen

Neither Eriksen or Chadli would give us natural width and I also question whether either gives their full back any real protection

I think we should use these last 8 games to give some of the youngsters a run of games.

....................Lloris..........................
Naughton..Veljkovic..Vertonghen..Fryers
Townsend...Bentaleb....Eriksen.....Chadli
...............Adebayor....Kane................

Are you for real? So what about Robbie S, Lennon, Dembele, Sandro, Paulo, Kaboul etc? Have you decided to give up on all of them and sell them in the summer? If not while the heck would you not try to get those players to play some good football together as a team??????

I would go as far as to suggest his attitude stinks. I said this last season too (at times) but this season it has been pathetic. Body language is evident.

I was thinking during and after the 2nd Benfica game; we were without Vertonghen and we played one of our best games for a long time. he wasn't there to take stupid risks and sulk like a ****.
The fella needs to step up and lead by example, not be a petulant little turd. I'd play him but if he looked in anyway out of sorts, attitude or performance, I'd haul him off.

I would rather we continue with our £26m striker and get him firing again so that next season he can hit the ground running? Or have you decided he has no future at Spurs?

I have no idea who is fit, but I would play Robbie alongside Ade if both are fit, alternatively Eriksen ideally in a number 10 role.

Funny how we have Siggy, Eriksen and Chadli who all claim their best position is behind one or two strikers and we only have one natural right winger and in Andros one natural left winger (although he can play on the right where he tends to cut in).

We should have decided what formation/style of play to adopt and buy players accordingly, instead we have ****ed away the best part of 100 million pounds

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back