• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT Tottenham Hotspur V Southampton **

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason I didn't start Erikssen is I don't think he's fully fit so if I was manager I would be managing his reintroduction into the team till I'm convinced he's fully match fit to start. That's just my opinion.

Plus I think his guile towards the end of a game is more impact full than say bringing on Kane- and I think Kane deserves a chance- can see him developing into another Sheringham type of player if handled rightly.

The only reason I didn't start Erikssen is I don't think he's fully fit so if I was manager I would be managing his reintroduction into the team till I'm convinced he's fully match fit to start. That's just my opinion.

Plus I think his guile towards the end of a game is more impact full than say bringing on Kane- and I think Kane deserves a chance- can see him developing into another Sheringham type of player if handled rightly.

And that is what TS probably thought on Thursday, yet he gets dogs abuse for not starting a less than fully fit player. Strange huh?

What are you basing eriksens fitness on? He's been back fit a lot longer than Siggy for instance.

Worried that Pochettino will see this as a job interview game, but hoping that again TS can come out on top like his first PL match.

What worries me is we now have the defensive injuries that they had then.

I'd go:

Lloris

Naughton Kaboul/Fryers Verts Rose/Fryers

Bentaleb
Siggy Chadli
Eriksen

Ade Soldado

Subs: Friedel, Lennon, Sandro (he doesn't look right to me), Kane, Townsend, Paulinho

3-1 Spurs (or 0-3 Saints)

I'm not convinced that Siggy is the man to be playing in midfield as he looked well off the pace at times vs Benfica (yet still came close to winning the game/scoring on multiple occasions). I'd go for a back four containing Naughton, Kaboul, Verts and Rose with Bentaleb, Chadli and Ade as the only other nailed on starters.

Accepting that Eriksen is not 100%, I'd perhaps keep him on the bench and slot in Sandro alongside Bentaleb and add in Sig and Lennon. 4-2-3-1 with Chadli taking the left hand side position. Maybe Siggy can grab a goal this game with some of those runs.

I think we should use these last 8 games to give some of the youngsters a run of games.

....................Lloris..........................
Naughton..Veljkovic..Vertonghen..Fryers
Townsend...Bentaleb....Eriksen.....Chadli
...............Adebayor....Kane................

Last edited:
Unfortunately I think we will drop more points on Sunday. Southampton are due a good result against us, they've been unlucky in all three previous meetings since they got back in to the Premier League and I think they'll get at least a point at the weekend.

As long as I see the players show commitment for the rest of the season I'll probably take that, cos I can see it ebbing out now we have nothing of note to play for.

I would go with this vs Southampton:

LLORIS - NAUGHTON - KABOUL - FRYERS - ROSE - SANDRO - BENTALEB - LENNON - CHADLI - KANE - ADEBAYOR

But I expect...

LLORIS - NAUGHTON - KABOUL - VERTONGHEN - ROSE - PAULINHO - SANDRO - BENTALEB - LENNON - ADEBAYOR - CHADLI

Which I'd be okay with, apart from the inclusion of Paulinho.

COYS

**** me, two up front, are we going to pack the midfield against Southampton?

Lloris

Whoever is fit for back line, assuming Vert/Kaboul are back

Lennon, Sandro, Eriksen, Chadli -> Sandro may be out of form, but is our best player protecting back 4, get Eriksen in middle, have Chadli (earned his spot) and Lennon provide width

Ade, Soldado -> two up front, give Eriksen and wide players options

And ****ing go for it, none of this turgid, 70 minutes of nothing followed by 10 minutes of flash ..

It's just occurred to me how motivated this Soton team could be tomorrow: some key players pushing to get into the England team and what better way to get noticed eh??

If at all possible I would relelgate Lennon and Townsend to the bench. Townsend had been woeful recently, whilst Lennon is hardly going to show us something new after being with the club for donkeys. I'd be looking to give players one last crack with a run of games to prove they deserve to be here and are legitimate parts of future club plans. The players I'd like to see given a run are:

Siggy, Chadli, Paulinho, Soldado.

I don't know what Siggy's best position is - but someone at the club must. He needs to play mostly all of the remaining games in his best position. He obviously carries goal threat but looks miles off the pace at the same time. I like him, appreciate that he chose us over Liverpool etc but its crunch time for him now. He needs to show what he's capable of, but also needs to be given sensible time to do it i.e minutes on the pitch in his correct position.

I've been far from Chadli's biggest fan but he's shown more in glimpses this season than say Paulinho. He has proved that he can play on the ground, does have technical ability and the carries some goal threat. He needs to play more or less every minute of the last 8 games. Give him a proper run, in a position in which he can excel. He hasn't grumbled too much this season, despite it being a personal disaster for him ref. Belgiums WC squad, and for that he deserves respect. Its now time to reciprocate the trust he showed when he signed for us, and to give him a fair crack in the last 8. I think he'll be at the club regardless next season, but the lad deserves the chance to work his way into the frame for a solid starting birth. He had to sit on the bench as Townsend and Lennon served up trash and has earned the chance to start in the last 8 imo.

Paulinho. Looks rubbish to me, but could well have been suffering from the shambles that appears to have afflicted most of the players this season. He's had more opportunities than the rest, and is now playing for his Spurs future in my opinion. Flatters to deceive and is deceptive (ie more of a ***** than he looks). In an area of the field crying out for more variety in players and desperate for the injection of a deep lying play maker, Pauli has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he shouldn't be the one to make way. That he has managed to score a few gives you hope - and maybe he could also benefit from a long run in the side.

Soldado has to play. I think he will still be here next season for a combination of factors: will be a huge loss if we move him on, the lingering belief there is a player in there if we could just coax it out. Was mis-used by AVB & Sherwood: AVB had Defoe rattling in goals against the EL minnows, which then resulted in a clamouring for him to start in the league. Soldado could have racked up a hatful in the early weeks and we may never have arrived in this situation. Sherwood, I think we all agree, left his management 101 manual at home when deciding to drop Solly after the Cardiff game. If he can get on a run in the final stretch it will relieve the uncertainty around his position, possibly stopping potentially damaging/distracting press stories and rumoursr during the summer. If Solly finds his shooting boots i think most will agree that a Striking department of Ade, Solly and Kane leaves us in decent shape and allows us to strengthen the areas screaming out for it. Centre back, left back, ball playing CM im looking at you.

If Lamela gets fit then thats another name that has to go on the team sheet.

Its in this vain I'd approach the last games, starting with Southampton tomorrow. I#d attempt to find a formation that can draw the best out of the players i'Ve listed. I'd do it irrelevant of the opposition, and would give each of those players as many minutes as possible, pretty much irrespective of performances. If Vert is really being a dingdong and is off in the Summer, play Fryers instead. We need to have a decent look at the squad; lets use these final games as an extended pre-season. Supposedly Baldini provides the link between squad outgoing/in-coming coaches, so he should brief Sherwood that we need to see these players, irrespective of the fact sherwood will be gone in the summer. If he won't play ball just get rid and bring in a yes man to field the teams the club needs to be fielded.

Last edited:
**** me, two up front, are we going to pack the midfield against Southampton?

Lloris

Whoever is fit for back line, assuming Vert/Kaboul are back

Lennon, Sandro, Eriksen, Chadli -> Sandro may be out of form, but is our best player protecting back 4, get Eriksen in middle, have Chadli (earned his spot) and Lennon provide width

Ade, Soldado -> two up front, give Eriksen and wide players options

And ****ing go for it, none of this turgid, 70 minutes of nothing followed by 10 minutes of flash ..

Too right, we are at home, not St Marys

Just seen the team news on the OS,no mention of Walker or Kaboul, so l will predict the following

..................Lloris........................
Naughton..Fryers..Vertonghen..Rose
Lennon....Sandro...Bentaleb....Chaldli
...........Adebayor..Soldado............

Subs. Freidel,Veljkovic,Dembele,Eriksen,Townsend,Kane,Sigurdsson

But if Kaboul and Walker are available, they wold come in for Fryers and Naughton

Unfortunately, our cursed run of luck will continue 2-2 (Adebayor,Soldado) (Deflected Own goal,Lambert pen 88)

Too right, we are at home, not St Marys

Just seen the team news on the OS,no mention of Walker or Kaboul, so l will predict the following

Lennon....Sandro...Bentaleb....Chaldli
...........Adebayor..Soldado............

Subs. Freidel,Veljkovic,Dembele,Eriksen,Townsend,Kane,Sigurdsson

But if Kaboul and Walker are available, they wold come in for Fryers and Naughton

Unfortunately, our cursed run of luck will continue 2-2 (Adebayor,Soldado) (Deflected Own goal,Lambert pen 88)

Team news says Kaboul is back in contention.

Why are people dropping Vertonghen?

Personally I'd bin off siggy for the rest of the season, he isn't good enough and we should sell.

Paulinho is a tricky one, he has his moments... I just don't think he works in a 2 and think he's better further forward behind the striker or in a middle 3. So I'd give him that if possible. But I prefer eriksen in that position.

Lloris, walker, kaboul, Vertonghen, fryers, sandro, dembele, eriksen, Lennon, chadli, ade

I think that's our best team and should play as much as possible.lamela for chadli when he's back just to give him a chance.

As for tomorrow - Lloris, Naughton, kaboul, jean, rose, sandro, bentaleb, eriksen, Lennon, chadli, ade. Soldado for eriksen if he isn't fit.

Because his recent performances have been pathetic to the point of the team being better off without him in it.

Because his recent performances have been pathetic to the point of the team being better off without him in it.

I would go as far as to suggest his attitude stinks. I said this last season too (at times) but this season it has been pathetic. Body language is evident.

Even with the current injuries this should be a walk in the park.

I fully expect my avatar back tomorrow afternoon.

Personally I'd bin off siggy for the rest of the season, he isn't good enough and we should sell.

Paulinho is a tricky one, he has his moments... I just don't think he works in a 2 and think he's better further forward behind the striker or in a middle 3. So I'd give him that if possible. But I prefer eriksen in that position.

Lloris, walker, kaboul, Vertonghen, fryers, sandro, dembele, eriksen, Lennon, chadli, ade

I think that's our best team and should play as much as possible.lamela for chadli when he's back just to give him a chance.

As for tomorrow - Lloris, Naughton, kaboul, jean, rose, sandro, bentaleb, eriksen, Lennon, chadli, ade. Soldado for eriksen if he isn't fit.

Have you watched our games recently?

He plays in a two for brazil. And that the only times he's ever played half decent.
Ive no idea where AVB got the idea of him as a number 10.

...why do I feel the draw against Benfica (and elimination) was like a win?...Townsend has been very poor recently, Soldado and Sandro not much better...I love Siggy, but Chadli and Eriksen are preferred on the wing and in the hole, respectively...assuming Walker is out:

Lennon....Dembele...Bentaleb....Chadli
..............Eriksen..............
...........Adebayor..............

If Dembele not fit, then Pauli...if Pauli not fit, then Sandro...
COYS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back