• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v Real Madrid***

I have a fridge full of fresh meats and cheeses and a couple of Hello Fresh bags that I'm avoiding opening.

Not sure how I can work that into the meal.

I have a fridge full of fresh meats and cheeses and a couple of Hello Fresh bags that I'm avoiding opening.

Not sure how I can work that into the meal.
15125721_Alt02

There were plenty of negatives to be taken from the game for him. Letting Ronaldo score, Kane not scoring, Dele missing a sitter, Eriksen mis-concontrolling Kane's pass when he could have scored early doors, Dembele losing his head and risking a red and a three game ban, Hugo getting injured, Pcoh not making the right subs, the Wembley atmosphere, the temperature, the architecture in the Wembley area, wobbly pavements near Wembley Park tube station ...
Spurs are on their way to Wembley, the pavements have gone all trembley...?

This was a brilliant and historic win over Real Madrid ! It is great to get our first ever win over the defending Spanish, European and World Club Champions Real Madrid. More importantly, with this win, we have now progressed to the next stage of the CL. We played well and could have scored more goals if we had been more clinical in front of goal. This win would have been more sweet if Kane had scored a goal. That would have been an icing on the cake. Let's hope this win will boost our confidence to go and win a trophy this season.

Credit to Alli and Eriksen for the goals. After being suspended for the previous 3 CL matches, it was nice to see Alli come back and score 2 goals against Real Madrid. Amazingly, Alli is the first ever Spurs player and only the 6th English player to score against Real Madrid. Alli is proving to be a big game player as he also scored against Chelsea and ManCity last season. Eriksen also took his goal well after being assisted by Kane. Despite this, feel disappointed that Kane failed to score against Real home or away. Kane had 2 one-on-one chances which he should have done better. It seems like Kane was not fully fit as his finishing was weak both times.

Our midfield played really well and outclassed the Real Madrid midfield at times. Thought Winks was brilliant as he was involved in 2 of our goals. It was his inch perfect cross which enabled Trippier to pass to Alli for our first goal. Winks'a quick pass to Alli also allowed us to go on to score our third goal. Expected more from Sissoko when he came on but he had a quiet game. Real were poor but we did our best to stop them playing.

Well done to our defence for stopping the Real attacks apart from the goal conceded. Was worried when Alderweireld went off injured and Dier moved into defence, but the defence did their best. Even Dier had almost an error-free game even if he was partly at fault for Real's goal. Frankly, was very annoyed with Alderweireld for dribbling all the way to the Real goal like Messi and getting himself injured in the process. There was no need for a defender like Alderweireld going all out attack like that especially when he rarely scores. I think he could have avoided the injury if he had not pushed himself too far. Fortunately for us, Lloris, Vertonghen and Sanchez commanded the defence really well. Lloris was at his best as he caught all the balls without spilling it. We rode our luck a few times like when Trippier stopped a goal-bound shot on the line and another goal bound shot hit Ronaldo on his back.

This win proves that we can beat any team if we play to our game plan. But we cannot get carried away with this historic win as we have not won anything yet. We need to use this win as a moral boost to go on to have a successful season. Let's hope we will get a favourable draw in the next round of the CL.

Yesterday evening I saw the only Real Madrid fan I know.
He congratulated Spurs, said we deserved to win, were the better team. Said playing in white it was easy to think we were RM. Then he commented on the offside goal (which they kindly didn't make a fuss about), the deflected goal (our third one was good however), our luck with Ronaldo blocking a sure goal for them, their injuries, current loss of form blah blah blah.
And all the time I was thinking to myself : what world am I now living in, when a Real Madrid fan is having to find excuses for why they lost to Spurs!
Whatever world it is, I like it.

Yesterday evening I saw the only Real Madrid fan I know.
He congratulated Spurs, said we deserved to win, were the better team. Said playing in white it was easy to think we were RM. Then he commented on the offside goal (which they kindly didn't make a fuss about), the deflected goal (our third one was good however), our luck with Ronaldo blocking a sure goal for them, their injuries, current loss of form blah blah blah.
And all the time I was thinking to myself : what world am I now living in, when a Real Madrid fan is having to find excuses for why they lost to Spurs!
Whatever world it is, I like it.
To be fair, they are all valid reasons and I highly doubt we’d fare so well against them if we met in knockout stages....

I was ecstatic with the result, but after reading and hearing in the media half our team and the manager will be leaving us and how lucky we were to be playing a poor Madrid team and with all the big decisions from bitter ex pros, perhaps it would have been better if they trashed us and everyone would be happy.

I was ecstatic with the result, but after reading and hearing in the media half our team and the manager will be leaving us and how lucky we were to be playing a poor Madrid team and with all the big decisions from bitter ex pros, perhaps it would have been better if they trashed us and everyone would be happy.

Yeh, when I got back in, I watched a 7 minutes highlights clip on Youtube. Bear in mind that this was literally just our attacks and their goal. Martin Tyler (was that who it was?) and Steve McManaman did nothing but crticise Spurs, say "they were lucky there" and when they scored were predicting an epic collapse on our part in the final 10 minutes. Talk about "an agenda".

Yeh, when I got back in, I watched a 7 minutes highlights clip on Youtube. Bear in mind that this was literally just our attacks and their goal. Martin Tyler (was that who it was?) and Steve McManaman did nothing but crticise Spurs, say "they were lucky there" and when they scored were predicting an epic collapse on our part in the final 10 minutes. Talk about "an agenda".
I think your highlights reel must of been quite biased, I also enjoyed some highlights the other day and watching them completely forgot about the number of chances Madrid had! If I remember correctly they had almost twice as many shots and shots on target than us too....

I think your highlights reel must of been quite biased, I also enjoyed some highlights the other day and watching them completely forgot about the number of chances Madrid had! If I remember correctly they had almost twice as many shots and shots on target than us too....
Not all shots on target are equal. One of the aims of a modern counter-attacking team is to restrict their opponents to lesser shots (poor xG) while making the most of their own quick breaks - which can lead to higher quality chances if done right.

We had some good potential chances missed too - Dele failing to anticipate the first Trippier cross as well as Sissoko and Winks making air shots when they had time and space to control and shoot.

Not all shots on target are equal. One of the aims of a modern counter-attacking team is to restrict their opponents to lesser shots (poor xG) while making the most of their own quick breaks - which can lead to higher quality chances if done right.

We had some good potential chances missed too - Dele failing to anticipate the first Trippier cross as well as Sissoko and Winks making air shots when they had time and space to control and shoot.

That game could have been 6-3 imo

We missed some cracking chances and cleared some decent ones of theirs

Back