• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v Real Madrid***

Not all shots on target are equal. One of the aims of a modern counter-attacking team is to restrict their opponents to lesser shots (poor xG) while making the most of their own quick breaks - which can lead to higher quality chances if done right.

We had some good potential chances missed too - Dele failing to anticipate the first Trippier cross as well as Sissoko and Winks making air shots when they had time and space to control and shoot.
The fact I quoted shots and shots on targets was just to supplement the fact Real Madrid had quite a lot of chances themselves. Ignoring the shots on target stat the fact remains they created some very good chances despite being poor. That's the worrying thing for us if we met them again, no way would they be that bad again. But anyway I'm delighted we beat Real Madrid in the CL in my lifetime so don't want to sound negative.....

I think your highlights reel must of been quite biased, I also enjoyed some highlights the other day and watching them completely forgot about the number of chances Madrid had! If I remember correctly they had almost twice as many shots and shots on target than us too....

Agreed but not really my point.

SO I have been on holiday in Nigeria for the past two and a half weeks so I could not be at Wembley. Fortunately I recorded it so my mission today is to sit down and watch the whole match plus analysis :)

I went to a night with Gilzean and Mullery, hosted by Mickey Hazard last week. Hazard said that Spurs took in 7 million quid in gate receipts for the Madrid game alone (he might even have said £9 million?). Said they could've sold out the corp seats 3 times over such was the interest.

He also said that we sold over 70,000 tickets for Palace. Interesting that we are counting bums on seats instead of tickets sold for our attendances, that is different go the rest of the clubs in the league.

I went to a night with Gilzean and Mullery, hosted by Mickey Hazard last week. Hazard said that Spurs took in 7 million quid in gate receipts for the Madrid game alone (he might even have said £9 million?). Said they could've sold out the corp seats 3 times over such was the interest.

He also said that we sold over 70,000 tickets for Palace. Interesting that we are counting bums on seats instead of tickets sold for our attendances, that is different go the rest of the clubs in the league.

Not all clubs count sales

In fact it’s only arse and city that do I belive. Most do it out way as you can have an attendance if they haven’t attended

In fact it’s only arse and city that do I belive. Most do it out way as you can have an attendance if they haven’t attended

They do have more no shows than most. The police have the actual attendance on record though, so it's not like they're fooling anyone.

You can defo add the Spammers to that list. Police records have revealed up to 10k not turning up.

The truth about West Ham’s attendances
Posted by Sean Whetstone on January 9, 2017 in News, Whispers
London1-300x193.jpg

West Ham publish the official attendance and tickets sold after every game but the number is different to how many supporters actually turn up and go through turnstiles for matches.

There have been visible gaps around the London Stadium all season which have had many asking caused many to ask where the missing thousands are and why are they not turning up to Premier League matches.

The club and directors have claimed on social media it is because of 9,000 seats not being used in the 66,000 seater stadium but supporters don’t buy this as the majority of those seats are screened off.

Through a freedom of information request to Newham council for minutes of the Safety Advisory Group, Claretand Hugh has uncovered the true attendance of the early matches which is often many thousands less than the official sellout figures released.

West Ham v Juventus Friendly Official published attendance: 53,966 real attendance: 52,224. (1,742 did not turn up)

West Ham v Astra in Europa League Official published attendance: 56,932 real attendance: 51,817 (5,097 did not turn up)

West Ham v Domzale in Europa League Official published attendance: 53,914 real attendance: 51,000 (2,914 did not turn up)

West Ham v Bournemouth Official published attendance: 56,977 real attendance: 52,192 (4,785 did not turn up)

West Ham v Southampton Official published attendance:56,864 Real attendance reported as: 47,000 (9,864 did not turn up)

West Ham v Middlesbrough Official published attendance:56,945 Real attendance reported as : 47,000 (9,945 did not turn up)

Edit: Similarly up to 10k not turning up at Old Trafford https://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/apr/12/manchester-united-attendances-police-figures

Last edited:
You can defo add the Spammers to that list. Police records have revealed up to 10k not turning up.

The truth about West Ham’s attendances
Posted by Sean Whetstone on January 9, 2017 in News, Whispers
London1-300x193.jpg

West Ham publish the official attendance and tickets sold after every game but the number is different to how many supporters actually turn up and go through turnstiles for matches.

There have been visible gaps around the London Stadium all season which have had many asking caused many to ask where the missing thousands are and why are they not turning up to Premier League matches.

The club and directors have claimed on social media it is because of 9,000 seats not being used in the 66,000 seater stadium but supporters don’t buy this as the majority of those seats are screened off.

Through a freedom of information request to Newham council for minutes of the Safety Advisory Group, Claretand Hugh has uncovered the true attendance of the early matches which is often many thousands less than the official sellout figures released.

West Ham v Juventus Friendly Official published attendance: 53,966 real attendance: 52,224. (1,742 did not turn up)

West Ham v Astra in Europa League Official published attendance: 56,932 real attendance: 51,817 (5,097 did not turn up)

West Ham v Domzale in Europa League Official published attendance: 53,914 real attendance: 51,000 (2,914 did not turn up)

West Ham v Bournemouth Official published attendance: 56,977 real attendance: 52,192 (4,785 did not turn up)

West Ham v Southampton Official published attendance:56,864 Real attendance reported as: 47,000 (9,864 did not turn up)

West Ham v Middlesbrough Official published attendance:56,945 Real attendance reported as : 47,000 (9,945 did not turn up)

Edit: Similarly up to 10k not turning up at Old Trafford https://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/apr/12/manchester-united-attendances-police-figures

Doesn’t surprise me about the mancs to be fair

Doesn’t surprise me about the mancs to be fair
Yep. This article from 2014 states 'the record discrepancy at Old Trafford stands at some 25,000 tickets sold, but not used.' And going by the vast swathes of empty seats in recent matches it's been even worse since SAF retired.

Same article also states reassuringly:

'According to Sky Sports only a few teams stand out by giving proper crowd numbers, with Tottenham being named as an example.

http://stadiumdb.com/news/2014/08/premier_league_most_clubs_inflate_attendances

Back