• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *Tottenham Hotspur v Pacos De Ferreira*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will there be a capacity crowd there, anyone know? Or is the situation different in Portugal?

I need to catch a river/stream for this one, by the way, haven't watched one in ages, so if anyone know the latest usable freebie out there, I'd appreciate a PM!

I've tried so many times with these socalled premium services over the years, but they all suck, so don't want to pay another penny for it. :p

I'm a bit concerned about the lightweight squad for this game!
I like Nuno's attitude, maybe arrogant but the PL is the priority not this tin pot cup. We have some first teamers in the squad, and if players like Winks think they are first teamers, now is the time to show it.

I like Nuno's attitude, maybe arrogant but the PL is the priority not this tin pot cup. We have some first teamers in the squad, and if players like Winks think they are first teamers, now is the time to show it.

There should be enough experience in teh squad with Romero, GLC, Doherty Winks, Davies etc.

If this leg is a non-event and effectively turns the tie into a 1-leg tie where we're at home, then that works very well for us

I like it. F*** you, we're a big club with a second string that's good enough to take them down.

A bunch of hungry players with a point to prove. Excellent.

I reserve the right to change my opinion later tonight after the inevitable feckless 2-1 defeat.

Did you ever think you'd be in the position where you wished we were in the Europa League??!?

Wouldn't be surprised if Levy had told Nuno that qualifying for CL is the priority and he won't be judged on the EC. Not saying he wants out, but if we qualify for the group it wouldn't surprise me if we never play the previous PL starters. Otherwise, why wouldn't we make sure of the group stage?

Rightly or wrongly NES brief will be to get a CL place.

He and the Club will have little interest in this european league cup.

Expect similar selections throughout the competition and in the early rounds of the domestic cups.

It's important for our coefficients to do well in this cup which will be an important factor for qualifying for the CL in future seasons so doing well in this competition is essential...

Otherwise, why wouldn't we make sure of the group stage?

We have the home leg still to come. Our team this evening will probably have say 7 internationals in it. It should be good enough that the tie isnt dead this evening. At a worst case I'd expect us to come back with a 1 goal defeat which a stronger 11 next week can over-turn

Far better taking that risk than risking dropping points on Sunday by playing the same 11 tonight and Sunday

We have the home leg still to come. Our team this evening will probably have say 7 internationals in it. It should be good enough that the tie isnt dead this evening. At a worst case I'd expect us to come back with a 1 goal defeat which a stronger 11 next week can over-turn

Far better taking that risk than risking dropping points on Sunday by playing the same 11 tonight and Sunday
I've heard this argument against every team we've ever played in the EL. I doubt a team like Sevilla take that attitude.

It's important for our coefficients to do well in this cup which will be an important factor for qualifying for the CL in future seasons so doing well in this competition is essential...

Maybe not. Uefa are looking at changing it again from the 36 team league format.

J'Neil Bennett - scorer of the first ever goal in the new stadium. Will he come off the bench to score (hopefully not the first) in our first ECL game?

Who's captain? I'd assume Davies, but the official Spurs line-up doesn't mention it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back