• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United ***

Pulling Royal is a weird one for me. He played well last week. But with such a limited pre season it's still like Ange is assessing the players.

We have a lot of pace at the back now. At least that. Sarr I'm assuming will cover the full backs a lot.

Well. We will be pushing forward there is no doubt with this formation.

Big call putting Porro in for this one.

It is.

Whilst Royal is almost certainly the better defender up against Rasford, you have to credit Postecoglou for being a purist. True to his vision. And why invest in half measured when we need to get to a certain place? That place is with the most technically adapt players in each position. Porro can play the ball better than Royal.

A little harsh on Skipp too he didn’t seem to find the right spaces against Brentford. And Royal scored a decent goal. But I get it. And I like that the manger is true to his vision. The sooner we can dominate possession and work the ball through teams the sooner we attain what he is looking for.

Last edited:
Ange has almost gone full Ossie. He’s just “Sanchez in midfield” away from being the authentic 2023 version.

Hate to say it and hope I’m eating my words but this is a very naive team selection.

Happy to see Sarr in the lineup. Skipp was pretty poor last week and honestly Sarr is the more talented player so it makes sense to be courageous and give him the minutes sooner rather than later.

Not so sure with Porro for Royal given Porto's pretty erratic defending and positioning but let's see. Maybe Ang has worked well on him this week.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Could be one of those rough afternoons...think we'll ship a few goals.

Sure we'll see plenty to be positive about too, though.

I think that will be a regular occurance this season. I fully expect lots of goals oat our games this season, think we could be the PL equivalent of Wrexham for entertaining matches, especially for the neutral

Ange has almost gone full Ossie. He’s just “Sanchez in midfield” away from being the authentic 2023 version.

Hate to say it and hope I’m eating my words but this is a very naive team selection.

Probably banking on keeping the ball for long periods of the game. Even versus United we should be looking at 60% with this system. Its all going to test what we do with it IMo

The bar in the south was busier than ever
Queue for food took 20 minutes
If this is a game to spend money outside the ground it didn’t work

"Will we see a different United to last week"

Too right we will, been a few years since they rolled into WHL and played poor. We have not helped ourselves in the past but Tottenham away always seems to be one of their better away performances of each season

Back