• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool ***

These games are such fine margins, some things as highlighted were a bit sloppy but i cant really fault any particular players for having bad games etc.

I have always thought if we were going to catch Leicester we would need a bit more, an extra 5%, from the 3 behind Kane and we didnt get that yesterday, none of them really stepped up, but I am still proud of the resolve the players showed going a goal down.

These games are such fine margins, some things as highlighted were a bit sloppy but i cant really fault any particular players for having bad games etc.

I have always thought if we were going to catch Leicester we would need a bit more, an extra 5%, from the 3 behind Kane and we didnt get that yesterday, none of them really stepped up, but I am still proud of the resolve the players showed going a goal down.

I thought Alli had his poorest game for some time - but he almost had two chances with the header and the pass and move into the 6 yard box - only Alli has that level of movement in and around the area

Son tried but nothing came off - he ahoudkshould have hit the target with the volley and always seemed to need too many touches to me

Eriksen had a poor first half and a great second. I actually thought he was injured at one point

Kane didn't have a grea first half getting caught between shooting and passing a few times but what a top top goal he scored

I thought Alli had his poorest game for some time - but he almost had two chances with the header and the pass and move into the 6 yard box - only Alli has that level of movement in and around the area

Son tried but nothing came off - he ahoudkshould have hit the target with the volley and always seemed to need too many touches to me

Eriksen had a poor first half and a great second. I actually thought he was injured at one point

Kane didn't have a grea first half getting caught between shooting and passing a few times but what a top top goal he scored

Kane caused so many problems to their centre halves though, Sakho in particular, i just think if i am being extra picky that one or more of those other attacking 3 has to step up between now and the end of the season, score 2/3 goals, take their game to the next level for us to at least finish 2nd.

We could have had it wrapped up by half time if we had not been so sloppy and made the correct decision when it came to the final ball. Felt Kane was very greedy in the first half and i do not get how people are claiming Dembele had a solid game? i personally thought it was one of his worst performances this season and he was caught in possession alot.

Felt they were there for the taking and some of the passages of play from both teams made it look like a bottom of the table clash.
I agree re Harry, and have been saying the same for a while. He will learn though, we need to remember not just his age but the level he is playing at for his age. For such a young forward leading the line in a title challenging team is incredible.

Liverpool targeted dembelle swarming him at every opportunity. Wasn't so much he was bad just that klopp got his tactics right.

I agree re Harry, and have been saying the same for a while. He will learn though, we need to remember not just his age but the level he is playing at for his age. For such a young forward leading the line in a title challenging team is incredible.

Liverpool targeted dembelle swarming him at every opportunity. Wasn't so much he was bad just that klopp got his tactics right.

And it still won his battle

This was 2 valuable points dropped in our title race. With us now 7 points behind Leicester, it is getting more difficult to win the league now. This match proves we lack the cutting edge and experience to win big matches. Our failure to beat any big teams except for the out-of-sorts Emirates Marketing Project this season has cost us many valuable points. The fact we failed to beat our direct rivaIs, Leicester, is the reason why we are 7 points behind them now. Despite this, hope we will still target to win the rest of our remaining matches.

Well done to Kane for scoring our only goal to save us a point. It was a well taken goal which was typical of Kane this season. Too bad we couldn't go on to win the match. Despite his goal, Kane also wasted 2 good chances to score in the first half. If we had scored first, I think we could have go on to win the match. Eriksen did well to create the goal for Kane. But was very annoyed Eriksen didn't even hit the target from his freekick late in the game. I think maybe someone like Kane, Alli or Lamela should take over the free kick duties as Eriksen seems to have forgotten how to score from free kicks for sometime now.

Our midfield of Dembele, Dier and Alli were poor in the first half but improved in the second half. Dembele could have scored the all-important winning goal late in the match but his shot was too weak and straight at the goalie. I think we badly missed the influence of Lamela in both the midfield and attacks. His replacement, Son, had a poor game, not only wasting a good chance to score but almost scored an own goal and his mistake almost let Liverpool score as well. Lamela's tenacity in defending and creativity in attacks could have really helped us in this match. Chadli too had a chance to score but he was too slow to react. He could have passed the ball instead of dribbling too much and losing the ball in the process.

A bit disappointed with our defence in this match. We not only conceded an easy goal but almost let Liverpool score 3 or 4 more as well. In fact, we were lucky Liverpool didn't make use of all the chances they had. Lloris had to make 2 or 3 good saves to keep us in the game. Felt our defence was a bit shaky in the first half but they did improve greatly in the second half. Maybe we couldn't handle the pressure to win. But the goal we conceded could be costly to us as we have let Leicester extend the lead over us.

Just imagine, if we had beaten Leicester at home, we would be only 1 point behind them now. Instead, we lost and are now 7 points behind them. We have only ourselves to blame for not beating them at home. It has cost us dearly in our title race. Let's hope someone somewhere can do us a favour by beating Leicester and help us in our title race !

Won't somebody pleaaaaaase think of the children!?

What is it with this place and fudging hypotheticals? fudges me right off.

We didn't beat Leicester at home, we drew with Liverpool, we can still win the league.

They're the facts, calm the fudge down and enjoy the ride.

Back