• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool ***

Our record at Stamford Bridge isn't any better than at Anfield, and Chelsea haven't lost a league game since 14th of December. They'll be up for it too, and they are a far better side than Liverpool, and will finish above them as well.

Chelsea are undefeated in the league under Hiddink's leadership. In his previous stint, he suffered just the one defeat and that were against us. Let's hope for history repeating itsself.

Felt a little deflated in the end as thought we'd go onto win it although could turn out to be a big point.

We looked like a young team that felt the pressure of being in a title race but to be expected and now let's see how Leicester respond.

Considering I had a non restricted view seat I could barely see the goal we were behind being right out in the corner...added to the nightmare journey there and back, left at 11.15am returned at half past midnight! All part of the away day experience!

I think that people are frustrated and when they get frustrated and a lot is at stake as it was today, players get spacegoated. Which isn't the right thing to do, but given the circumstances is understandable. But you are correct , Son needs some time, and a good pre season
Indeed, had Mason started, he would be the culprit. :rolleyes:

My Thoughts.

I thought it was a great game to watch as both sides were going for the win and it was good to see. I have had to laugh at some of the comments leading up to this game about how brick L;pool are and how we should win easily and put them in their place, some of the comments I have read ( not just on here) are as bad as some of the deluded fans on RAWK.

I said in a earlier post that I hate this game because I have rarely seen us win there in over 50 years of going up there, its always been a hard ground to get anything from ( for us) call it unlucky, call it a jinked ground but the facts back this up. Since the Prem started we have won only 2 of 23 games and lost 15 of them, scoring 21 and conceding 48, so thinking it was going to be ( as some suggested) a easy win for us was at best silly and at worse deluded.

The game itself was hectic and both sides fell into the trap of trying to play the game too fast and too quickly which led to a helter skelter game full of mistakes, the draw was a fair result and both keepers had very good games which kept the score down. .As for individual players I thought Rose, Toby and Eriksen were our best players but my MOM was LLoris. Kane once again scored a great goal but he also wasted a couple of good positions by not playing in players who were better placed and wasted the opportunity. Do not get me wrong he is a special player but looking at his assists ( one in the Prem) compered to other strikers ( Fimino7, Deeney6 Lukaku6, Vardy6, Costa5) its obvious that he needs to bring others into play sometimes. He is still a kid so I am sure/hope that as he matures ( and with the help of Poch) he will bring this into his game.

In the pub after the game I heard some fans saying that we blew the chance of winning the Prem ( especially if Leicester get three points tody) to be honest I think that is cobblers as it was always ( imo) going to be a hard game and I also have been of the opinion that we would not win it anyway ( the Prem) as we are still improving and are not good enough ( yet). We have come a long way and we have a side that is improving and with the right couple of players to improve a couple of areas ( and players like Kane, Alli, Dier ) getiing better with time the future is there for us to improve.

One more thing I hope those who still question what Lamela gives this team saw the difference yesterday, we badly missed his work rate, his commitment to close down and hustle the opposing players and without him we are weaker in that part of the game.

Agree with most of this.

Don't know why some are dismissing our poor record at Anfield as if it doesn't matter, you can say all you like that the players don't care about history but they most definitely will be aware of their club's record in certain games or at certain grounds regardless of whether they played in any of those games.

I wouldn't exactly question Lamela's contribution, I just don't think he's as important as some make out and would say we have more important players than him. We missed him yesterday though.

Felt a little deflated in the end as thought we'd go onto win it although could turn out to be a big point.

We looked like a young team that felt the pressure of being in a title race but to be expected and now let's see how Leicester respond.

Considering I had a non restricted view seat I could barely see the goal we were behind being right out in the corner...added to the nightmare journey there and back, left at 11.15am returned at half past midnight! All part of the away day experience!

I know the feeling, we have to do it the opposite way. People say the M25 is bad, but the M6 up our end J16-J21 is alway a nightmare both ways and the M1 J19-J15? Whats that all about?

My Thoughts.

I thought it was a great game to watch as both sides were going for the win and it was good to see. I have had to laugh at some of the comments leading up to this game about how brick L;pool are and how we should win easily and put them in their place, some of the comments I have read ( not just on here) are as bad as some of the deluded fans on RAWK.

I said in a earlier post that I hate this game because I have rarely seen us win there in over 50 years of going up there, its always been a hard ground to get anything from ( for us) call it unlucky, call it a jinked ground but the facts back this up. Since the Prem started we have won only 2 of 23 games and lost 15 of them, scoring 21 and conceding 48, so thinking it was going to be ( as some suggested) a easy win for us was at best silly and at worse deluded.

The game itself was hectic and both sides fell into the trap of trying to play the game too fast and too quickly which led to a helter skelter game full of mistakes, the draw was a fair result and both keepers had very good games which kept the score down. .As for individual players I thought Rose, Toby and Eriksen were our best players but my MOM was LLoris. Kane once again scored a great goal but he also wasted a couple of good positions by not playing in players who were better placed and wasted the opportunity. Do not get me wrong he is a special player but looking at his assists ( one in the Prem) compered to other strikers ( Fimino7, Deeney6 Lukaku6, Vardy6, Costa5) its obvious that he needs to bring others into play sometimes. He is still a kid so I am sure/hope that as he matures ( and with the help of Poch) he will bring this into his game.

In the pub after the game I heard some fans saying that we blew the chance of winning the Prem ( especially if Leicester get three points tody) to be honest I think that is cobblers as it was always ( imo) going to be a hard game and I also have been of the opinion that we would not win it anyway ( the Prem) as we are still improving and are not good enough ( yet). We have come a long way and we have a side that is improving and with the right couple of players to improve a couple of areas ( and players like Kane, Alli, Dier ) getiing better with time the future is there for us to improve.

One more thing I hope those who still question what Lamela gives this team saw the difference yesterday, we badly missed his work rate, his commitment to close down and hustle the opposing players and without him we are weaker in that part of the game.

I don't understand your thinking here. If Leicester are good enough to win it, then so are we. We are in second place on merit and if we play to our full potential in the rest of our games, we are in with a chance.

We may not be champions this year but our supporters were. The travelling fans were fantastic. A Liverpool season ticket holder twittered The Guardian to says they were the best he's seen for years.

eriksen missing in the first half
dembele was literally solid
alli gave too much to country
kane knew better
where is the justice if lamela got injured and coutinho socred ?

eriksen missing in the first half
dembele was literally solid
alli gave too much to country
kane knew better
where is the justice if lamela got injured and coutinho socred ?
It was Lamellas absence that allowed them to press us so well. We couldn't get time on the ball in midfield

Very sloppy game as most folks here noted. What I didn't see enough of, however, was our pressing in their defensive third. Was it there and I missed it, or did we not press as much as we usually do?

Very sloppy game as most folks here noted. What I didn't see enough of, however, was our pressing in their defensive third. Was it there and I missed it, or did we not press as much as we usually do?
Unusually we didn't press the keeper very often, which considering how poor mingolet is with the ball at is feet is disappointing

f@cking international break, definitely missed lamela today, the game would have suited his hustle, our england players, while not playing poorly did look a bit leggy. A fit Sturridge for them would have buried the chances he had, its a game we could have easily lost. But I can't stand people saying we're not ready to win the league yet, nor are leicester and look where they are. Whats hurt us is that colossal waste of time called the Europa cup, just compare the amount of matches we've played compared to Leicester, I hope we never have to play in that again, UEFA are going to rejig the CL, lets see what they do with its ugly little sister.

I thought we played great, was really proud of the players and how they responded to going behind.
Not sure it's all over just yet!

That was the most pleasing aspect. How many times in the past at Anfield have we fell apart after going a goal down there? After being gutted at going 1-0 down I really thought we were going to win in it in stoppage time

That was the most pleasing aspect. How many times in the past at Anfield have we fell apart after going a goal down there? After being gutted at going 1-0 down I really thought we were going to win in it in stoppage time
This. The fact that we felt we could win it right to the end, and that a draw away at Anfield is disappointing, speaks volumes as to how far we have progressed this season.

I felt like we were 5/10% off our best and it showed. Too many passes were over-hit or under-hit and that little touch of composure was missing. Yet we managed to equalize and press until the end. It is onwards and upwards and this really, properly, genuinely feels like the start of something BIG.

We could have had it wrapped up by half time if we had not been so sloppy and made the correct decision when it came to the final ball. Felt Kane was very greedy in the first half and i do not get how people are claiming Dembele had a solid game? i personally thought it was one of his worst performances this season and he was caught in possession alot.

Felt they were there for the taking and some of the passages of play from both teams made it look like a bottom of the table clash.

Back