• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool ***

I'm quite pleased with that point. Keeps us 4 ahead of Arsenal (with their game in hand still to play, of course), chugging along in 2nd place. Also gets us up to 62, with 8 points left to go for 70 (2 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses) and the potential to hit 74 if we have a really good run in (3 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss).

We recovered well in the second half after a lackluster first. Looked the more likely to win it at the death, although Rose should really have got a shot off when through instead of trying to square it to Chadli. Overall, a decent performance, and a good result.

Think your maths is a touch out, but your are right in what you say.

As I have said many times. My target has always been to be on 70pts before we go to SJP, and now we are back on to achieve this from my predictor back in Feb. Got back the point we dropped at West Ham.
Very confident 70pts with a game left will see guaranteed CL football with a game left. A win at Saudi Sportswashing Machine would then (for me) see us finish 3rd on GD

Were people actually expecting us to go to anfield and turn them over? This, surely, is the expected result from today, why the negativity, title gone, etc.?

if Lamela had been fit then that's exactly what I would have expected, without him I was hopeful but not confident of a point

Gutted Coutinho didn't take his shirt off when they scored (as he was going too) - that would have been a comedy red card

I honestly think some of our players were showing signs of playing in ducking internationals midweek
Yeah, but Liverpool had several players in action too and they showed plenty of spunk. Luckily they are not that good bar one or two. On a side note, that's quite an unlikeable bunch of individuals they have gathered up there. Football could have something to learn from basketball with their technical fouls. I am unbelievably tired of players appealing and harassing the referee on every occasion even if they are completely aware that his decision is right. Book'em I say.

I think this and the Stamford bridge game are our 2 hardest games of the remaining, so good that it is out of the way. We need to get maximum points in the other games which is a tall ask but doable as we only have those games to concentrate on. Leicester WILL drop points hopefully starting tomorrow but more realistically against WHAM and Sunderland ( because Jermaine has promised us goals). Not disheartened at all by today. COYS.

Thought we bossed the 2nd half until we scored ironically. Disappointing we didn't build on the goal but important to keep picking up points to finish above scum and Emirates Marketing Project if nothing else.

Believe me Southampton at home tomorrow will be no walk in the park for Leicester. Koeman's boys are sniffing Europe.

Although looking at the Saints forum amazingly a high percentage of fans dont care about Europe and would rather they lost so it hinders our title challenge...how sad

Thought we bossed the 2nd half until we scored ironically. Disappointing we didn't build on the goal but important to keep picking up points to finish above scum and Emirates Marketing Project if nothing else.

Until the final 5 minutes, Moss didnt give us the chance too, then ended up giving us more free-kicks in the last 8 minutes than he had done in the previous 85

Believe me Southampton at home tomorrow will be no walk in the park for Leicester. Koeman's boys are sniffing Europe.

Although looking at the Saints forum amazingly a high percentage of fans dont care about Europe and would rather they lost so it hinders our title challenge...how sad
Fortunately they don't count, south coast winkers

Armchair, mate, call it as YOU see it absolutely, but many many many would say we absolutely did NOT 'bottle it' but perhaps lacked the cutting edge to put the chances we created away. Worst for me was Son failing to play the first time ball back to a wideopen Eriksen 7 yards from goal. Still, we did not lose, good point given all the variables...IMO!!!!

we needed them to drop points twice before the game, it's the same situation now, whatever happens today didn't decide anything
Yeah, but say they lose tomorrow, we now need them to lose two more. Had we won today we could have gotten by with them losing one and drawing one. And that also requires us to win our remaining games which of course won't happen anyway.
Edit: you could say that if we didn't win today we might as well have lost - regarding Leicester of course, every point is valuable looking below.

Last edited:
Yeah, but say they lose tomorrow, we now need them to lose two more. Had we won today we could have gotten by with them losing one and drawing one. And that also requires us to win our remaining games which of course won't happen anyway.

It's just unrealistic to have expected us to win every game till the end of the season, don't get upset because we couldn't pull it off. Let's win the games we should, which is still possibly 5 of the games left and see where Leicester are after that.

I dont think we bottled it. I think Liverpool went ahead completely against the run of play and then exploited the gaps in behind Rose and Walker.
Coutinho suddenly came alive. Dier wasnt able to make a tackle. Wimmer had a brick game.

The problem is after our first 11 there isnt anyone there we can trust to do a job in a big game.
Son played the same way he has since he got that stupid haircut.
Dier wouldn't have started if we had someone else in form in central midfield.

we lost the mental battle imo. played the situation and the name of our opponents rather than the game. we are better than them, we didnt play anywhere near our potential and still couldve won. i know its not popular to call it like you see it on here necessarily, but i think we bottled it.
We are still at least 2 World class players from greatness!
Our squad...although brilliant ,far from being big enough to win things..
But maybe we can get there next season..

I have a terrible feeling Levy will not bring in anyone to strengthen the squad.
Bit of a pity considering we could actually make it..
Anyway..well played the
Lads".................

Back