• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT Tottenham Hotspur V Liverpool **

I would play Robbie and Ade together up front. So far in the league we have either played 1 or the other against the top 4 and have really laboured against the top 4 and have struggled to score goals against them. The argument is that do not want to be dominated in midfield but it never seems to make any difference, so far just a paltry point out of a possible 21. If we do not give them anything to worry about then they are going to make us their bitches again

Me neither.

Prehistory.

From Siggy thread: "I prefer playing on the right or the No10." The right seems a natural place for Siggy that nobody ever considers, but given ropey form of AL & AT it seems a fair call to me. Plus, it'd be an interchanging deal with Eriksen/Chadli across the front of the last third anyway, so he'd spend time in the middle and left too.

In general, maybe. This particular weekend, given form/injury, I'm doubtful.

No his natural position is the number 10 role just like Erikson

I would play Robbie and Ade together up front. So far in the league we have either played 1 or the other against the top 4 and have really laboured against the top 4 and have struggled to score goals against them. The argument is that do not want to be dominated in midfield but it never seems to make any difference, so far just a paltry point out of a possible 21. If we do not give them anything to worry about then they are going to make us their bitches again

That's a fair point Naija

Liverpool are 10-2-0 in their last 12 in the league, winning the last 7 in a row. It's seriously about time someone took them down a peg or two.

Not liking this omen:

30th March 1964 - Liverpool beat Spurs 3-1 at home to go top of the league. Liverpool went on to claim their first league title under Bill Shankly.

never crossed my mind at the start of the season...but after last night, could Liverpool actually win the League? :eek:
pessimistic as it sounds, i am pretty sure that we are going to get tonked.:(

Why are some people dropping Bentaleb?

When did Sandro-Dembele suddenly become everyone's dream pairing?

Why is nobody starting Siggy on the right?

Why is Soldado dropping out for Ade?

...agree with all of this, except Ade > Soldado IMO...
COYS

well this is one motherclucking day to spoil the party.

After yesterdays results the pool fans are certain that the gods are favouring their title charge...win and they go top. Last seasons result at Anfield still grinds my gears and was hugely damaging to us. Come on spurs....we need to throw a spanner in the works!

well this is one motherclucking day to spoil the party.

After yesterdays results the pool fans are certain that the gods are favouring their title charge...win and they go top. Last seasons result at Anfield still grinds my gears and was hugely damaging to us. Come on spurs....we need to throw a spanner in the works!

Yup, last year was a cluster**** of a match for some of our players. We created ourselves a fantastic chance for glory and then chucked it away! A win there and we would have finished top 4. No doubt in my mind. A win would have had a huge effect on the team's belief and morale. Likewise, if Liverpool win today then they will be very hard to stop as they stomp towards title success.

I actually think the fact that we're a bit **** now will work in our favour. There's a good chance they'll underestimate us.

Well, we have to win all our remaining matches and hope others drop points to have any chance of finishing in top 4. And this match could decide where we will finish in the league. We have such a poor record at Liverpool that it is hard to get motivated for this match. We have only won 1 league match in the last 20 years or so there. But we do have a good record there in the last 3 seasons with 1 win, 1 draw and 1 defeat. And that defeat came last season despite us leading 2-1 with only 25 mins to go. Stupid back pass by Walker helped them to make it 2-2 and they went on to win the match. That defeat was one of the main reason we failed to finish in top 4 last season. But Liverpool has improved greatly this season and it it going to be tough to get anything out of this match. Hopefully the team will be fired up to get revenge for that humiliating 0-5 defeat at home earlier this season.

If Adebayor is fit, hope he will come back with his goal scoring boot on. But not sure if he will be match fit to start as he didn't play much lately. Soldado played well against Southampton but he badly needs goals to prove his worth. Boom shaka laka another reliable striker to call upon when needed. Just hope we will make use of the chances that we create.

I think we have to start a defensive-minded midfield to stop the Liverpool attacks. Wish we can start Dembele and Sandro in the centre as our midfield looks more balanced when they start together. After his 2 goals against Southampton, surely Eriksen should be a automatic starter in midfield. I think Eriksen will be our key player in this match as his eye for goals and creativity will help us greatly. Wish Lennon will start and have one of his match-winning displays. Sigurdsson did well to score the winning goal against Southampton but both Chadli and him can come on later in the match if needed.

We have to avoid any stupid errors to have any chance in this match. Paulinho's red card was the main reason we got hammered at home. Hope all the players will avoid doing anything silly like that. I think we have to stop that needless back passes which always puts Lloris under pressure. Hope the defence will avoid the stupid back pass like Walker made last season which cost us dearly.

Can see this match being very tough for us from start to finish. Hope we will turn up with the right mentality and get a good result.

Any official team news yet ?

Feeling nervous about this match already. We badly need a win but but a draw will be a very good result for us.

It wasn't just Walker's mistake that cost us. Defoe elected to chip a ball in to our own penalty area, from just outside, and then Assou-Ekotto, struggling to deal with the back pass, conceded a penalty. It was horrible. :(

Any official team news yet ?

Feeling nervous about this match already. We badly need a win but but a draw will be a very good result for us.

Yup apparently the team of Liverpool are set to play the team of Tottenham Hotspur. As always we have to wait until at least an hour before kick off to find out the starting line-ups.

never crossed my mind at the start of the season...but after last night, could Liverpool actually win the League? :eek:
pessimistic as it sounds, i am pretty sure that we are going to get tonked.:(

For me its been on the cards for a few weeks now. It has been out of their hands up until last week and now they are in a position where if they win all their matches they win the league, along with City. something Chelsea and Arsenal cant say

We best beat these ****s... Every season I want to win this game above ALL else. I want us to kill them arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. ****ing hate their club, players, fans, city, songs and their silly ****in accents.

6-2 spurs. We will hammer them later... I feel it.

Well if I was playing I would want revenge...I would want to teach them the hurt they we had to feel last year...In fact for justice to be done it would be better if they outplayed us for 2/3 of the match only to fail to score and watch us bag a late winner!

This really is our last chance to do anything of note against the big teams this season...top 4 or no a win at anfield would be amazing for me. I just hope Timbo has used this week productively and when we take to the pitch with an effective plan.

As the SAS are prone to say (not Suarez & Sturridge)... Perfect Planning Prevents Pis* Poor Performance.......The six P's

Back