• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Everton (Goodison Park, Sun 3rd Nov @ 13:30) ***

Everton will be up for a battle. We will not.

Everton 2-0 Tottenham

Now, this could be the scoreline (I've gone for 1-1 though), but what makes you think they will be up for the battle more than us? We've been up for the battle every game this season so far. Our dropped points have come from not being able to break teams down (west ham and arsenal) and not making the right subs after half time (chelsea).

Writing that I can't believe we've only dropped points in 3 games, including winning every cup game, yet this place is in such a depression !!

Managed to get myself a ticket for this, I can not wait, will be showing my love and support for the team and hopefully we can grab something!

Nice one.

This is one of the closer venues for us, 20miles the road, makes a nice change

AVBs pre-match press conference

[video=youtube;jQE3tlc135o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQE3tlc135o[/video]

I was asked an innocent question today..what are you doing this weekend?

Normally I have a smile on my face saying I am working my weekend around Spurs playing. Today I said I was not looking forward to the weekend.

Not to say I fear Everton ( which I don't as well as they are playing) just that I have little faith that we can be entertaining.

I am sorry to drone on about it but I watch Spurs to be entertained.

Cheers Denmark.

He comes over as very intelligent, for a football person, although quite prickly, you can see why the press don't like him, because he doesn't seem to let them get away with their clear stupidity, good on him! I mean asking the exact same question no more than 2 minutes later is bound to get on your nerves and what the **** has playing against Baines and Jagielka got to do with Walkers progression, as if that's more of a challenge than coming up against Mata for example?! I also thought his answer to the last question on Utd was interesting, he obviously thinks Moyes has got away with it a bit with the press, which I agree with, compare how AVB was treated taking over Chelsea to the respect Moyes is still getting and you can see why his backs up a bit.

Good press conference from AVB, pretty shoddy questions from the press and clearly no love lost in the room, don't think they even thanked him for answering questions which I thought was a pretty standard courtesy?

Last edited:
I was asked an innocent question today..what are you doing this weekend?

Normally I have a smile on my face saying I am working my weekend around Spurs playing. Today I said I was not looking forward to the weekend.

Not to say I fear Everton ( which I don't as well as they are playing) just that I have little faith that we can be entertaining.

I am sorry to drone on about it but I watch Spurs to be entertained.

I watch Spurs because I support them through thick and thin, I would love us to play like 1970's Brazil, but we're not for whatever reason. I've had a season ticket since 1989 and I tell you what, people didn't moan half as much through the **** of 90's and early to mid 2000's as they do now and none of those teams were fit to lace this teams boots (only Hoddle's first 6 months of his first full season can compare to the teams we've had the last 4 years). It's not swashbuckling, but it is dominant football, as AVB says in his interview, we are first in shots on goal and first on possession, that's pretty good with such a new squad, let's just hope as they get to know each other better the chance start to flow a bit more as well.

I watch Spurs because I support them through thick and thin, I would love us to play like 1970's Brazil, but we're not for whatever reason. I've had a season ticket since 1989 and I tell you what, people didn't moan half as much through the **** of 90's and early to mid 2000's as they do now and none of those teams were fit to lace this teams boots (only Hoddle's first 6 months of his first full season can compare to the teams we've had the last 4 years). It's not swashbuckling, but it is dominant football, as AVB says in his interview, we are first in shots on goal and first on possession, that's pretty good with such a new squad, let's just hope as they get to know each other better the chance start to flow a bit more as well.

As long as you keep singing..why worry about the likes of me?

You are a guy who thinks we played well when we lost to WHU 3-0.

You are entitled to your opinion.

I read what you posted. I understood. You read what I posted but did not understand.

You think you are a better fan than me. Good for you.

yep, that's clearly exactly what I said.:-k

Can you explain how me thinking we were the better side until west ham got the 1st goal (backed up by whichever stat you wish to pick, possession, shots on goal, territory, highlights of the game to that point, chances created, basically any quantifiable thing you like) means that I think we were the better side in the whole game? I clearly said we deserved to lose in the end because the last 30 mins we were awful couldn't create a chance and looked like conceding each time they attacked.

Understand that? Because it's the same thing I said to you in the west ham OMT, hopefully it will sink in this time.

Anyway, 1-1 is my prediction for this one, hopefully Kaboul plays.

I read what you posted. I understood. You read what I posted but did not understand.

You think you are a better fan than me. Good for you.
Relax guys, where are all on the same team here. And the West Ham game is long gone, no sense in arguing over spilled milk...
Come on you Spurs !!!

You guy's need to lighten up. Football runs in cycles. Right now everything's ****, in a month or two were blazing hot and cutting teams down left and right. Just remember this will pass, and be happy that even during one of the **** cycles were picking up points ;)

Chin up onlyme!

We've got a new group of players who have played 9 (I think? I'm drunk) league games together and there's no reason to think they will not continue to grow together and get better together.

I'm of the camp that look at the fact we are not playing amazing but still managing to win (in the main) and there is still plenty of reason to be hopeful that performances/fluidity/speed of attack/creativity/whatever you want to call it will improve. If this team consisting of so many new recruits had started the season not only winning but doing it with real style then that would have been pretty unbelievable.

That said, I reckon a draw. :)

dont know about that.....out of our more difficult games, weve already lost to Arsanal, drew to Chelscum and lost another London derby to West Spam. A defeat in this game and questions will be asked imo. We should be able to get at least a draw.

So the clear conclusion to be drawn is that we're a bit **** in London?

The only unexpected result there is west ham. I'd say that shows we're doing well.

Questions have been being asked since the season started.

Last edited:
I think we'll lose 2:0 after probably not turning up and executing baffling tactics that make us look all at sea. Hope I'm wrong but I have a horrible feeling that the next 4 games will chop us down a bit and put us in a position more reflective of our current performances.

I'm still hopeful that the improvement will come but it won't be this week, and we look so far away that I don't see it being this side of Christmas.

dont know about that.....out of our more difficult games, weve already lost to Arsanal, drew to Chelscum and lost another London derby to West Spam. A defeat in this game and questions will be asked imo. We should be able to get at least a draw.

I honestly just don't get this kind of thinking.

Everton are a good side that have been performing well this season and we're away from home. They're a point behind us in the league. The only league game they've lost this season was away to Emirates Marketing Project. Perhaps they haven't had the toughest run of games so far, but they've beaten Chelsea at home.

Everything about this game points towards this game being at the very least close. Close games, as we should know by now, can go either way.

I've changed my mind for the team I'd pick. As a couple of them may be a bit tired, I think we need to be more solid.

------------lloris
walker---dawson---chiriches---vert
----------sandro----dembele
---townsend----paulinho-----sig
--------------soldado

With Sig drifting in-field, we'll have a lot of bodies in the centre to press and disrupt Everton, and hopefully help retain possession as we have done in most of our games so far this season (even away to Arsenal). Paulinho a bit further forward should help us press and win the ball in Everton's half.

I think that this team would always be in the game and have a chance of winning.

yeah, closer than WHL for me so i'm glad i could get a ticket. Looking to get one for Saudi Sportswashing Machine away too.

Cant see you having a problem whatsoevet with that one. Wednesday night in Feb, I dont know many LPs you have, but I can see that one going to General Sale anyway

Back