• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Everton (Goodison Park, Sun 3rd Nov @ 13:30) ***

I'll take it right now.

I havent seen a lot in our last few games that gives me confidence we can turn Everton over on their own patch. We are playing some pretty uninspiring football at the moment, but, I suppose, the difference from seasons gone by is we are somehow picking up the wins, so its not all doom and gloom.

who wouldnt?

our away form must be the best across england over the past year. then again Everton have one of, if not the best home record.

who wouldnt?

our away form must be the best across england over the past year. then again Everton have one of, if not the best home record.

Not even sure how you look at this game

- we do well away from home, our possession makes us extremely hard to beat.
- They have had a good run, Lukaku obviously a threat, Martinez doing well, but has been historically a streaky manager, every now and then his teams just go on bad runs, get tonked,

Likely draw

who wouldnt?

They have. But I remember the one time we really wanted them to win. Arsenal to home a 2 seasons ago just after we had lost there IIRC

Not even sure how you look at this game

- we do well away from home, our possession makes us extremely hard to beat.
- They have had a good run, Lukaku obviously a threat, Martinez doing well, but has been historically a streaky manager, every now and then his teams just go on bad runs, get tonked,

Likely draw

Exactly, which is why I'd take the draw. If Everton win, would i be disheartened? Not really, Everton are a good team with some great players and a manager I admire who have one of the best home records in the country. If we win, superb.

I know it will be 4-2-3-1 but

--------------------------Lloris------------------------

Walker----------Dawson-----Kaboul------Vertonghen

-----------------------Sandro--------------------

-Lennon----- Eriksen----Holtby----------Siggy----

-----------------------Soldado--------------------------

Think Lennon will do a better job helping out vs Baines. Andros on later.

2nd half at some point if situation permits :

--------------------------Lloris------------------------

Walker----------Dawson-----Kaboul------Vertonghen

-Townsend----- Sandro----Holtby----------Siggy----

-------------- Big Ade--------------------------
-----------------------Soldado--------------------------

I think that team would get battered and I think that Holtby and Erikson would get in each others way

Lloris

Walker, Dawson, Chiriches, Vertonghen

Sandro, Dembele

Townsend, Paulinho, Eriksen

Soldado

This team EVERTON - SPURS 0-1!!!

Assuming Rose and Kaboul aren't available, that's the side I'd pick as well(although more of a 433).

Who is this pleb and why has he started this affront of an OMT? We will be bent over and spanked in a West Ham'ish' manor :(

I don't like Verts against Coleman and think Chich will get bullied in the middle. If Kaboul and Rose are not fit, then I would play Dawson and Verts in the middle and Naughton/Fryers as Hobson's choice at left back. So my team would be:

Lloris

Walker
Dawson
Verts
Naughton/fryers (regretfully)

Sandro

Dembele

Townsend
Sig

Eriksen/Lamela
Soldado

I will be very surprised if the line up is different from
Lloris
Walker Dawson Chiriches Verts
Townsend Sandro Paulinho Siggy
Eriksen or Holtby (probably Holtby)
Soldado

Again, the bench will be the interest. Defoe and Kane??

------------lloris
walker--dawson--chiriches---vert
---------sandro---paulinho
townsend----eriksen-----sig
-----------soldado

subs: friedel, naughton, kaboul, capoue, dembele, lennon, kane

-----------------Lloris-----------------
Walker----Dawson-----Kaboul---Verts
----------Sandro----Capoue---------
---Townsend-----Eriksen-----Sig-----
-----------------Soldado---------------

Eriksen to be given another chance in the league please, Holtby hasn't done enough. If Kaboul can handle it fitness wise, then he plays as far as I'm concerned. Lamela did well last night but can't really drop Sig after that goal.

This OMT is an ABOMINATION. Dear OMT Gods please have mercy on the OP, and -more importantly - on Spurs.

Mods, if this game goes belly-up you have set the bar very high in terms of choosing Avatars for the offending OMT starter, after Mumorn's great punishment for his West Ham OMT filth. I expect such great things again should Lukaku and co prevail on sunday...

Here is the side I would play (fitness being good and all)

Lloris

Walker Younes Daws Verts

Sandro

Lennon Paulinho Townsend

Sigurdsson

Soldado

subs: Friedel, Defoe, Kane, Lamela, Capoue, Eriksen, Chiriches

For me, this gives us very important muscle at the back (and protection) two very fast outlets on each wing to counter-attack (albeit still inverted - when Rose is fit this problem is decimated due to wing-back support) and I think Siggy and Soldado link up supremely as a tandem. iF we need an option, I back Kane to deliver in a match like this (especially given his goal Wed, he will be buzzing), Lamela could have some fun too and if we need muscle or defensive options, one of Capoue or Vlad comes in and we shuffle at the back if necessary.

In fact, when I look at that side and bench on paper, there's only one winner. Lukaku doesn't scare me. Fine player, but we should still win...

I'm expecting Everton to play fairly high risk and try to dominate possession. Unless we come out pressing them way up the pitch I would expect them to succeed, unless they take an early lead at least.

This game should suit us a bit better than some of the defensive teams we've met recently. Everton will probably be hard working and well organized, but we will get more counter attacking chances than we have recently. Townsend might get some space to run into.

Lukaku will provide a real threat for sure. Not too confident about us dealing with him, we'll have to try to stop the supply.

Shame about Paulinho playing 120 minutes mid week, his stamina and ability to get up the pitch could be very important for those counter attacking chances. Might see him start anyway I suppose and he's a bit of a machine so he'll probably be able to do his thing.

I think this could have been a good game for Chadli too, he offers more pace and athleticism than Sig. With Chadli likely to be out we could play Lennon right and Townsend left with the possibility of them switching wings if it doesn't work out. Shame for Sig, but such is life. With some potential counter attacking chances coming our way this is as good a game as any to play to traditional wingers.

A central duo of Sandro and Paulinho with Holtby ahead of them should be just what we need to get some of those turnovers and we should have the ability to punish Everton.

Will be interesting to see what AVB does, a lot of options and a lot of considerations to be made after the mid week game.

4 massive games over the next month, if we don't see a considerable improvement in our performances we will struggle to stay in contention. I hope AVB has a plan.

Back