• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Everton (Goodison Park, Sun 3rd Nov @ 13:30) ***

I do like Holtby but I can't really see why he's ahead of Eriksen at the moment. Big squad lots of games, rotation etc but this is a difficult game away from home and I want Eriksen playing.

This is a huge match — win, we go second / lose we are seventh.

My team would be:

----------Lloris---------
Walker-Vlad-Daws-Jan
---Pauly----Sandro-----
Andros--CE----Holtby
-------Soldado--------

We will need to keep possession of the ball at a place like Goodison and can have no passengers. Though Siggurdson and Lamela are bigger goal threats than Lewis, I think he needs to be in there to hold the ball, put a foot in, and keep it moving. Got a good feeling about this one. COYS

Tottenham lost only two of their first 15 Premier League games at Goodison Park, but have not won in the last six (D3, L3)

I do like Holtby but I can't really see why he's ahead of Eriksen at the moment. Big squad lots of games, rotation etc but this is a difficult game away from home and I want Eriksen playing.

Quite simple really:

NorwichEriksen
TromsøHoltby
CardiffEriksen
Aston VillaHoltby
ChelseaEriksen
AnzhiHoltby
West HamEriksen
InternationalBreak
Aston VillaHoltby
SheriffEriksen
HullHoltby
HullEriksen

This is a big turn around game. We lost this game last term so if we win we are plus 7 points for same teams.

Everton are a completely different prospect this term, as are we. The result is important but for me the performance is more important.

Quite simple really:

NorwichEriksen
TromsøHoltby
CardiffEriksen
Aston VillaHoltby
ChelseaEriksen
AnzhiHoltby
West HamEriksen
InternationalBreak
Aston VillaHoltby
SheriffEriksen
HullHoltby
HullEriksen

So who will play against Everton, then...eeny, meeny...

Edit: Well spotted (ahem, if accurate..)

Last edited:
Fit and on form for me:

...................Adebayor...............
Townsend.......Eriksen..........Lamela
............Dembele.....Sandro..........
Rose....Vertonghen...Kaboul....Walker
......................Lloris

We all know what happens when we have big chances to go second, don't we. I'd like to think we'll be able to eke out a 0-0 or a 1-1; I'd be ecstatic if we could nick it by the odd goal, but we're only scoring 1.00 per game both home and away, and I believe a draw is the best we can hope for here. In my heart of hearts, I feel it'll be a narrow home win, 1-0 or 2-1.

What is your preferred first XI with everyone fit and on form?

Man that's reallllllly hard..i mean almost impossible to answer. Lloris, Vertonghen, Walker, Dembele, Sandro, Townsend, Lamela and Soldado would be in my first X1 for sure.

Sometimes i like Vertonghen as LB with 2 big guys in the centre which is why Rose wouldn't 100% always be in my first x1. I think Eriksen could be effective on the left...and i obviously like Siggy but they won't be in my 100% starters category. Dason vs kaboul? sometimes the former and sometimes the latter so they're not included. I like the Sandro and dembele combination BUT i can see why paulinho would be effective in certain games....man this is hard.

Fit and on form for me:

...................Adebayor...............
Townsend.......Eriksen..........Lamela
............Dembele.....Sandro..........
Rose....Vertonghen...Kaboul....Walker
......................Lloris

All on their top form that side is unstoppable
Dunno about the formation....

Man that's reallllllly hard..i mean almost impossible to answer. Lloris, Vertonghen, Walker, Dembele, Sandro, Townsend, Lamela and Soldado would be in my first X1 for sure.

Sometimes i like Vertonghen as LB with 2 big guys in the centre which is why Rose wouldn't 100% always be in my first x1. I think Eriksen could be effective on the left...and i obviously like Siggy but they won't be in my 100% starters category. Dason vs kaboul? sometimes the former and sometimes the latter so they're not included. I like the Sandro and dembele combination BUT i can see why paulinho would be effective in certain games....man this is hard.

Dawson vs Kaboul isn't really a contest if the latter could stay fit.

To be fair I don't think AVB wants a first XI as such. I agree I couldn't pick a first XI. So you'd put Townsend in ahead of Lennon?

Agree with that - the PL games are the priority and it baffles me why Eriksen isn't starting in all of them and then Holtby in midweek. We really lack creativity to break down PL defences - Eriksen is the main man who can bring that

I'm all for rotation but I think with so many new players, we should be trying to start Eriksen, Soldado, Townsend and I guess Lamela? (remove the last one based on your views) as much as possible, to get them used to playing with each other.

To be fair I don't think AVB wants a first XI as such. I agree I couldn't pick a first XI. So you'd put Townsend in ahead of Lennon?

And therein lies the rub.

I actually think this squad is moving further and further away from a first team and second team. I think the main gulf is in goal and in the striker department.

And therein lies the rub.

I actually think this squad is moving further and further away from a first team and second team. I think the main gulf is in goal and in the striker department.

You mean between Lloris and Brad and Soldado and Defoe/Ade?

Back