• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project

It's Ange's first year. There will be inconsistencies. I mean, it took Pep 3 years to win the league with City. And speaking of teams with injuries, we played Villa and Spam off the park (we did not deserve to lose in either of those games) and drew with City when we were decimated. So I'm not sure that just because a team has injuries it should be an automatic win for us.
Yes, that's why i think it's a big red herring to talk about what fans did or didn't do yesterday against arguable the best team in Europe...

They played with courage. They did not in the games you mention. That has been a massive issue, lack of courage. The manager has learned a lot about what he needs.

Indeed they did and why i think it's big red herring for people to go on about fans being lukewarm to the team yesterday etc...fans have been far more supportive in the games where the players and i have to say tactics were woeful

I have found the whole experience to be depressing in all honesty...it feels like a small village infighting with itself...sad times.

Ultimately results and good play (and people seeing the club being in a generally good, upwardly state) puts paid to all that...it has to be said that Ange hasn't helped in this regard through both his comments and the results/tactics.

Hopefully after Sunday discussions can get to the more broad circumspect they usually are when we will have a season to look back on and debate plus transfer rumours to discuss etc

I have found the whole experience to be depressing in all honesty...it feels like a small village infighting with itself...sad times.
Yeah I agree. Whatever people’s attitude to it or however the felt about it, I don’t doubt anyone on here absolutely loves the club. The last few days have been an absolute nightmare. Very sad and very uncomfortable.

Is getting CL football a sporting achievement of much merit? Not saying I wouldn't have preferred it to EL but it's not something we'll be putting on our list of honours whereas Woolwich could claim they were the side that dethroned the cheaters (which they still might). It'd be a massive trophy for them - back in the big time after 20 years. Their reputation would be bolstered throughout Europe. Allied to that, we were nowhere near in control of our own destiny as far as CL goes.

I think people would have been less conflicted if two wins meant we'd definitely get 4th.
Getting CL football is not an achievement, but it is a means to an end, and it would have bolstered our reputation too. Arsenal's reputation is already bolstered, even though they didn't get over the line, because everyone will be looking at them now as a dominant player in the PL title chase for the next few years.

And just because 2 wins didn't guarantee 4th, there's no reason not to try. That's totally defeatist. By the same token we should have just given up against Sheffield when we were down 1-0 after 97 minutes.

Yeah I agree. Whatever people’s attitude to it or however the felt about it, I don’t doubt anyone on here absolutely loves the club. The last few days have been an absolute nightmare. Very sad and very uncomfortable.

A sad indictment of social media. I think a lot of Levy stuff is bleeding in here too. Let's face it, axing concessions does not do much to make fans feel 'wanted' and increasingly it is clear we are 'consumers' and 'purchasers' as much as valued supporters. I have to believe there's a good degree of that filtering in here too...

Saying foreign fans don't have the same experience of local derbies/rivalries as local fans do isn't denigrating them (or their support) nor is it acting with superiority- it's aknowledging a difference.

You did say it made you laugh...anyway, let's hope everyone can move past this gonad*s, me included.

A sad indictment of social media. I think a lot of Levy stuff is bleeding in here too. Let's face it, axing concessions does not do much to make fans feel 'wanted' and increasingly it is clear we are 'consumers' and 'purchasers' as much as valued supporters. I have to believe there's a good degree of that filtering in here too...

Modern football eh (plus maybe a long stretch without trophies and the excuses/reasons for the barren spell wearing out...)

It got the result the fans wanted. If the players themselves can't understand the reasoning behind it then they would be a little stupid I'm sorry to say.
In the current context the players wanted to beat the best team on the planet and to qualify to play CL football. They couldn't care less about who would win the title as a result. That might be stupid in your book, but not for a professional footballer.

In the current context the players wanted to beat the best team on the planet and to qualify to play CL football. They couldn't care less about who would win the title as a result. That might be stupid in your book, but not for a professional footballer.

I wonder if they regret not putting in similar efforts vs Chelsea, Liverpool and Fulham...

You did say it made you laugh...anyway, let's hope everyone can move past this gonad*s, me included.

Yes it does make me laugh that someone can't understand the clear difference between the two experiences - it doesn't say what you're trying to make it say Steff.

Back