• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project

Right now I've got nothing for you mate. Sorry. Genuinely feeling drained by all the fudgery...I have my own reasons for feeling positive IF the guy is given a chance both from the boardroom and the stands.

If
We've scored more goals this year than we did last year and we still have a game to go. This is our 3rd highest scoring campaign in the last 40 years. Scoring goals was not the issue. Having someone who can hold up the ball was.

If we continue with the same type of recruitment it's going to be positive if Ange does end up going or staying.

We are signing young/talented footballers with high potential

The scouting seems to have been sorted

The knock on of Arsenal not winning the league will be interesting IMO. Said it before but they remind me of us under Poch.
Not a chance they are getting another season of no key injuries again
They only twice played an opponent who had their best starting 11 out
Not with the Euro's, Copa America this summer too

If any (gooner) ever says we’re small time for some of our fans cheering for arsenal to lose the title - tell them that they’re small for trying to let fireworks off outside city’s window and spamming their keeper with texts so their rivals could win a match.

If

If we continue with the same type of recruitment it's going to be positive if Ange does end up going or staying.

We are signing young/talented footballers with high potential

The scouting seems to have been sorted
I think the x factor that Ange offers is sussing out the player's character. I'm pretty sure if our recruitment unearths a gem of a player and Ange talks to him and concludes "not the right personality" we will move on. A different manager might not put as much emphasis on this and we may end up with another Spence-type signing. And it could also work the other way around: the right player in every aspect might not want to join us, if he doesn't "click" with the manager in those pre-transfer conversations, and we all know how good Ange is at making a connection with potential signings.

And there is a huge difference between an arsenal supporter and a Gooner.

As I said above - elsewhere - I was just stating a fact. Someone said he wasn't an Arsenal supporter. He is. He is also an OK writer (albeit I personally feel that today's sports writers are under the pressure of having to 'create content' which often dilutes their overall work).

Agreed alekeras.
Thinking back, perhaps Ange was annoyed with Romero and Son joking and cuddling the oppo after the final whistle. Perhaps he expects them to be super angry at yet another recent loss.

We know he was very annoyed by Romero's powder-puff challenge on Foden which led to the goal, that was the most important moment of the whole game, and very unlike Romero.

Agreed alekeras.
Thinking back, perhaps Ange was annoyed with Romero and Son joking and cuddling the oppo after the final whistle. Perhaps he expects them to be super angry at yet another recent loss.

We know he was very annoyed by Romero's powder-puff challenge on Foden which led to the goal, that was the most important moment of the whole game, and very unlike Romero.
The thing is, though, that powder puff challenge on Foden (which wasn't that powder puff) was in their half. So I am not expecting Cuti to go full kamikaze at that part of the pitch and with a number of our players covering behind him. The goal doesn't happen until 15-20 seconds later and it's not like Foden's cross was that great either. Two of our players miss clearing it and it ends up with Silva who passes to de Bruyne who tees it up for Haaland.

I didn't see the player reactions after the whistle, but if it is like you say and they were joking with the City players, I can see why he would be tinkled.

The thing is, though, that powder puff challenge on Foden (which wasn't that powder puff) was in their half. So I am not expecting Cuti to go full kamikaze at that part of the pitch and with a number of our players covering behind him. The goal doesn't happen until 15-20 seconds later and it's not like Foden's cross was that great either. Two of our players miss clearing it and it ends up with Silva who passes to de Bruyne who tees it up for Haaland.

I didn't see the player reactions after the whistle, but if it is like you say and they were joking with the City players, I can see why he would be tinkled.

Foden is a brilliant footballer, but he has the build of a 14 year old, he shouldn't be getting the better of Romero there.

Foden is a brilliant footballer, but he has the build of a 14 year old, he shouldn't be getting the better of Romero there.
He also should have been red carded for 2 yellows (Foden)
The one he got booked for and the one game he ended up taking Maddison boot off

If any (gooner) ever says we’re small time for some of our fans cheering for arsenal to lose the title - tell them that they’re small for trying to let fireworks off outside city’s window and spamming their keeper with texts so their rivals could win a match.

Some of my gooner mates wanted a draw as it killed our chances of top 4. If the roles were reversed, I would have wanted Arsenal to win. I’m not that petty that I’d care more about them finishing top 4 than us winning the title. I feel our position is at least more understandable.

Eccleshare is anything but a gooner. He's probably the most intelligent Spurs journalist out there and makes very good and thoughtful points.

You are so naive. He's a long-time Arsenal season ticket holder, a former editor of an Arsenal fanzine, chief mischief-maker at the the London Goonergraph - sorry, Telegraph - and the craftiest, slyest writer at inviting Spurs fans to gripe and bitch about their own club.

My media career includes stints working as a copy editor for a major metropolitan newspaper and the Associated Press wire service system, plus time as a writer of news articles, opinion pieces and books. As well disguised as Eccleshare's copy is, his work is full of sly malice toward Spurs.

Just look at the completely unnecessary piece he barfed up about Tim Sherwood, who has been unrelentingly negative about Spurs in his time as a TV pundit:

(If you're on a PC and get interrupted by the Athletic's paywall, just go to the illustration/photo at the top of the page, right click to produce a drop-down menu and click on 'Continue on Immersive Reader'. You'll get the full text minus any graphics or video links. )

Stop being such a trout and believing everything you read. I don't want cheerleaders writing about Spurs. But I do not want this arsehole earning a handsome living writing maliciously about our club. And if he reads about Spurs fans defending his work, he's laughing up his sleeve.

Back