• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project

Fan support can certainly help and often has helped Liverpool.

But i'm not buying that we've missed out on top 4 and have lost 5 out of 6 games because of the fans...
You're continuing to harp about losing 5 out of our last 6 games, but the season is 38 games long. If these games against the top 3 teams and the 2 right below us were spread out, your narrative would have been different.

The bottom line is that you play 38 games. The team is in a rebuilding phase, so it will hit rough patches. But every game is unique and worth 3 points, whether it's against the top or the bottom team, or the first or last game of the season. And regardless of what happened in the previous game, you always go out to win the next one and the fans should support you in that endeavor.

I don't think effort has ever been an issue. I think courage and belief has been. There's a big difference. It's why I think we could see some big changes here over the next two windows, not to mention a surprise or two...

Being honest Steff, what makes you think this summer will be any different to others?
I think i've seen this movie before but i'm keen to get your detailed thoughts on why you think things will be very different (this is assuming your reasoning is more than your big positive glass-half-full approach/views)

You're continuing to harp about losing 5 out of our last 6 games, but the season is 38 games long. If these games against the top 3 teams and the 2 right below us were spread out, your narrative would have been different.

The bottom line is that you play 38 games. The team is in a rebuilding phase, so it will hit rough patches. But every game is unique and worth 3 points, whether it's against the top or the bottom team, or the first or last game of the season. And regardless of what happened in the previous game, you always go out to win the next one and the fans should support you in that endeavor.

Be fair, i'm "harping" on about our recent form in no way that is any different to people who are harping on about how "shameful" our support was yesterday in being "more interested in Arsenal than our own team" etc etc.
That was ONE game in 38; as you say the season is very long so why there is a fixation on that ONE game, played in very unique circumstances, is beyond me.
I think in the grand scheme of things discussing one of them is far more important than the other, but each to their own..

I do find it funny when people who weren't at the ground try to tell those that were what the atmosphere was actually like.

I also enjoy seeing foreign fans trying to act high & mighty about how a teams local fanbase should feel regarding local derbies/rivalries.
I'm not quite sure what that's supposed to mean. Just because someone happens to live closer to where the team plays he/she is more of fan than someone who is following the team from afar?

Being honest Steff, what makes you think this summer will be any different to others?
I think i've seen this movie before but i'm keen to get your detailed thoughts on why you think things will be very different (this is assuming your reasoning is more than your big positive glass-half-full approach/views)

The last few windows we've seen massive changes to the squad. In the last year we've spent around £250m.

Right now I've got nothing for you mate. Sorry. Genuinely feeling drained by all the fudgery...I have my own reasons for feeling positive IF the guy is given a chance both from the boardroom and the stands.

I'm not quite sure what that's supposed to mean. Just because someone happens to live closer to where the team plays he/she is more of fan than someone who is following the team from afar?

No not all and i didn't say or imply that in my post, just that the experience of supporting from afar is different to following in the country/local area - no better no, no worse just different. Surely i don't need to go in to detail about how/why a local rivalry is different for local people than it is to non-locals?

Getting CL football is not an achievement, but it is a means to an end, and it would have bolstered our reputation too. Arsenal's reputation is already bolstered, even though they didn't get over the line, because everyone will be looking at them now as a dominant player in the PL title chase for the next few years.

And just because 2 wins didn't guarantee 4th, there's no reason not to try. That's totally defeatist. By the same token we should have just given up against Sheffield when we were down 1-0 after 97 minutes.
Bingo! Why bother playing a single game in the PL, because our chances of winning it are miniscule!

Be fair, i'm "harping" on about our recent form in no way that is any different to people who are harping on about how "shameful" our support was yesterday in being "more interested in Arsenal than our own team" etc etc.
That was ONE game in 38; as you say the season is very long so why there is a fixation on that ONE game, played in very unique circumstances, is beyond me.
I think in the grand scheme of things discussing one of them is far more important than the other, but each to their own..
Because we should be supporting our team in EVERY game.

Right now I've got nothing for you mate. Sorry. Genuinely feeling drained by all the fudgery...I have my own reasons for feeling positive IF the guy is given a chance both from the boardroom and the stands.
I'll tell you why this summer and the next summer, if Ange is still around, will be different: players' character. Because for Ange it's not just about ability, but more importantly about character. Players like Ndombele (a perfect Ange midfielder from a technical perspective), Spence, etc would have never been signed under Ange. Contrast them to Dragusin, VdV, Venom. These are the kind of players we will be signing and they are the ones that will lead us to glory. Get a team full of the determination and bravery of a Dragusin, a Vicario, a VdV, a Romero and this will be a completely different team.

Because we should be supporting our team in EVERY game.

Yes, we mainly do, but as i say unique circumstances yesterday meant it was a bit more 'muted' than normal. But as i say ONE game is being amplified as though it's a very regular occurrence and is the reason for some of our woes :rolleyes:

I get the schadenfreude. It's part of the fan experience and I delight in it myself. But not when it runs contrary to my team's interests. Yesterday it did. We had a CL spot to play for, which is incredibly valuable. And even in this occasion it would have maaaybe been OK if we at least had had the occasional success in the past decade, something that ManU, Liverpool, Celtic, Real, Barca all have had. But when you haven't won anything in 16 years, at some point you have to look at that first before looking at what your rivals haven't achieved.

I think I’m just done thinking the CL in itself is a great achievement. It was when we first got it in 2010. Have we kicked on as a club since? The club clearly salivate over it and put it above any other achievement but I’d take a trophy next season over 4th.

Yeah I agree. Whatever people’s attitude to it or however the felt about it, I don’t doubt anyone on here absolutely loves the club. The last few days have been an absolute nightmare. Very sad and very uncomfortable.

Let’s hope it never ever fudging happens again. I hope we play Emirates Marketing Project in August next season and they don’t strategically move our fixture against scum or Emirates Marketing Project to May like they do on a regular basis. Just leave us the feck alone 😂

Back