• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Cardiff City, Sunday 22nd September***

Also, I missed the disallowed goal. Right decision from the ref? Sounds like we were a bit lucky with that one.

Also, I missed the disallowed goal. Right decision from the ref? Sounds like we were a bit lucky with that one.

Absolutely the right call. Blatant foul. It felt more lucky because Lloris had a horrible touch on the ball when there was no one near him to give them the corner in the first place.

Lloris was pushed and Dawson was climbed all over.

I didn't see it as a free kick for Lloris, based on what I could see. Clear cut foul on Dawson though with Turner placing both his hands on Dawson's shoulders with his arms straight and just pushing down. Ref blew his whistle before the ball went in, no doubt.

Changing the subject, Just saw this on the bbc report:

But the focus was back at the other end when Sigurdsson's drive - a strike so powerful it turned out to have burst the ball - came back off the cross-bar and Soldado's first-time follow-up produced a two-footed block from Marshall.

Impressive

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas: "Today it was different from normal in that there was justice in football. We created so many chances that there could only be one winner.

"Last season we had the best record away from home after Man United. We looked very strong.

"Bearing in mind the win they got against Emirates Marketing Project there won't be many teams getting points here so I'm happy.

"[Cardiff's] David Marshall is a great goalkeeper. He did extremely well today.

"It's a great win. But I suffered a lot…like everyone else!"

The vast number of changes at the club in terms of playing staff will mean we probably won't resemble a fluid, vibrant teak until at least december when they have a chance of playing 18-20 games together and form an understanding you can only get by*putting in the hours in training. I think our 'results' so far have been great. The defence is tight due to a new bite in Midfield and our depth will pay dividends come Christmas and onwards. Today we won because we played to the last moment - sign of a good team if we continue to grind out results whilst we gel. Excited to think what the finished article will look like when it clicks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24197447#asset

AVB saying that Defoe picked up an injury in the last training before the game. Probably not serious, but will have to wait for the results of the scan.

Time to wipe the dust off Adebayor for the Villa-game then? I actually think he can become a big player for us this season if AVB is willing to use him. If he gets in the right frame of mind, both in terms of motivation and confidence, he gives us something else up front than Soldado and Defoe. I haven't been too impressed with Soldado so far, although he had his best game for us today in terms of allround performance, and we all know about Defoe's limitations. I think it would be stupid to keep Adebayor in the doghouse without even giving him the chance to prove himself.

All the players were solid 6.5s, no one had a particularly bad game but lets be honest and take the wool from over our eyes, Townsend actually 'did' very little today. He has 'done' very little in the league this season. For me, its simply not enough to run about, have a few runs and a few shots, especially at this level. He must have had 15 shots this season and not come close once. He runs with the ball then when its begging to be bent around the corner into the box he drags back onto his other foot. Additionally, he needs to be able to pick a pass, his decision making is generally poor. I have no doubt he will be a good player but he needs to offer more in a game he needs to actually contribute. Siggy is exactly the same.

Its not all his fault, AVB has to take some flack for giving him so much game time but IMHO, Townsend will only be first choice until Lemala finds his feet.

Young, English and at a top 6 club = all the ingredients for massive hype and over reaction, regardless of what he delivers.

Townsend I can kinda understand, but if Sig's shot had dipped a few inches further we would be talking about a contender for goal of the month. Sig generally has been great IMO and is improving every game.

Townsend has been a threat, he induces panic in the defence and gets them moving towards their own goal, giving Eriksen et al. a bit more time to cut open the opposition. The only way any player can improve their decision making is to play frequently, we just have to be patient with him. We don't want to dent his confidence either, he clearly has a decent shot on him, it would be counter-productive for AVB to tell him to stop shooting so much especially when we're still carving out another 10-20 shots a game on top of Townsend's efforts.

Time to wipe the dust off Adebayor for the Villa-game then? I actually think he can become a big player for us this season if AVB is willing to use him. If he gets in the right frame of mind, both in terms of motivation and confidence, he gives us something else up front than Soldado and Defoe. I haven't been too impressed with Soldado so far, although he had his best game for us today in terms of allround performance, and we all know about Defoe's limitations. I think it would be stupid to keep Adebayor in the doghouse without even giving him the chance to prove himself.

Is he back in England then? On another day Soldado would have had a couple, turned a few awkward balls into excellent shots on goal (the Paulinho cross/pass he chested away from the CB, the shot after Gylfi hit the bar, etc.), just a shame their keeper was sharp. And like you said, some great interactions with the midfield.

The vast number of changes at the club in terms of playing staff will mean we probably won't resemble a fluid, vibrant teak until at least december when they have a chance of playing 18-20 games together and form an understanding you can only get by*putting in the hours in training. I think our 'results' so far have been great. The defence is tight due to a new bite in Midfield and our depth will pay dividends come Christmas and onwards. Today we won because we played to the last moment - sign of a good team if we continue to grind out results whilst we gel. Excited to think what the finished article will look like when it clicks.

Looked like we had run out of steam from 75 mins til just before the end of full time, I think Holtby's athleticism rejuvenated us in attack and he played a few good passes (with a lot more consistency than against Tromso).

How about some respect for the OMT?

It was a tricky game which we had no guarantee of winning, but the stats won through in the end.

Looked like we had run out of steam from 75 mins til just before the end of full time, I think Holtby's athleticism rejuvenated us in attack and he played a few good passes (with a lot more consistency than against Tromso).

It helped too when Kane came on and Lamela moved to the right. He was wasted on the left.

Andre:"The feeling was one of great satisfaction. It was a great performance."

That's what she said. :-"

article-2426898-182C2B9300000578-970_634x390.jpg

Looking at that image it struck me that we have a fair few blondies in our team. Are we stealthily building a team of Aryan supermen? It would be somewhat ironic in light of the whole 'Yidgate' thing.

It helped too when Kane came on and Lamela moved to the right. He was wasted on the left.

Agreed.

Said this in another thread too, Kane was impressive for me today. Kept it simple, had a good effort on goal and produced one excellent cross. Seemed to be thriving in the Ade role today and has looked promising in the few glimpses we've seen of him this season.

Outstanding performance I thought. Bar the 75th to 85th minute we completely dominated them creating chances at will.

I cannot believe some of the negative comments I've read here today, some people need to get in to the real world.

Townsend was one of our better players today as well, looked like making something happen almost everytime he had the ball, especially first half. Ran out of legs a bit in the second and correct sub was made.

Back