• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Cardiff City, Sunday 22nd September***

All the players were solid 6.5s, no one had a particularly bad game but lets be honest and take the wool from over our eyes, Townsend actually 'did' very little today. He has 'done' very little in the league this season. For me, its simply not enough to run about, have a few runs and a few shots, especially at this level. He must have had 15 shots this season and not come close once. He runs with the ball then when its begging to be bent around the corner into the box he drags back onto his other foot. Additionally, he needs to be able to pick a pass, his decision making is generally poor. I have no doubt he will be a good player but he needs to offer more in a game he needs to actually contribute. Siggy is exactly the same.

Its not all his fault, AVB has to take some flack for giving him so much game time but IMHO, Townsend will only be first choice until Lemala finds his feet.

He got pretty much nothing but **** when he wasn't playing him.

I think Townsend was very good today.

Agreed.

Sometimes the space to play the little through ball just isn't there. I didn't see Eriksen or Sig finding that little pass either today.

When teams sit back like Cardiff did today then threatening from range is often a good idea. Yeah he didn't score, but such is life when you try from range. He's shown that he's capable of scoring from that kind of range with a decent frequency, so why shouldn't he try.

He did also try to look for passes today, more than in the first couple of games where he looked a bit too eager to impress.

Solid game overall, not saying that he will remain first choice in that position, but with the amount of games we have and his ability to play on either flank I'm certainly glad we have him in our squad.

Are we still making excuses for soldados ****tyness from open play?

Who is making excuses for him?

Nobody has tried to portray him as some hold up monster, as a powerful or speedy striker, as someone who is particularly skillful or excellent at dribbling.

What he will do is move well and score goals from inside the box if we make opportunities. So he's reliant on the midfielders. If we get our creativity sorted out and find him in the box on a regular basis, he'll score a ****load of goals. If we don't, he'll do **** all and be a huge flop.

But nobody as far as I've seen has made him out to be what he's not.

Also, you lot are all miserable ****ers!

Has anyone got a longer Gif with the celebrations?

cardcelebs140ezc.gif
carcelebs2bfde9.gif

avbcelebcardzvipd.gif
crowdcelebsuyia1.gif

Paulinho , Dembele , get a room fellas :lol:

Love the way Lamela strolls up casually and then goes for it...

hope it's the making of him. Must be tough for a young lad to just come into a Spurs team with high hopes having just been signed for £30,000,000. May be a shy lad? Was great to see some of the lads celebrate with him too.

Also, regardless of some of the negativity before the goal, I thought this was a great performance. Huge amounts of chances, weren't too bothered in defence for huge swathes of the game and the team looked a lot more cohesive. Not many teams will win at this stadium in this season imo.

Would like to score a lot more goals of course but if you're not conceding, you're not losing.

Look at this for example, from 2004/2005:

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2004-2005/table/2004-10-16

Chelsea first 9 games, 8 goals scored, 2 conceded, 20 goals. Ended up destroying the league that season.

Back