• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v BVB***

agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment, it’s a spare game, we’ve won the group already, minimise the impact on the squad

agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment, it’s a spare game, we’ve won the group already, minimise the impact on the squad

We have *not*. Madrid will be on 10 points after their game against APOEL. Lose this game, and we will also be on 10 points. Meaning we will have to win against APOEL to guarantee 1st place. APOEL, who have already drawn against Dortmund twice, home and away.

I'd like to think we're mentally strong enough to go out and do that job, but I don't dare hope or expect it any more. So I'd like us to do the job in this game instead, while we still have a margin for error.

We have *not*. Madrid will be on 10 points after their game against APOEL. Lose this game, and we will also be on 10 points. Meaning we will have to win against APOEL to guarantee 1st place. APOEL, who have already drawn against Dortmund twice, home and away.

I'd like to think we're mentally strong enough to go out and do that job, but I don't dare hope or expect it any more. So I'd like us to do the job in this game instead, while we still have a margin for error.

nah, it’s done, if BvB play the same clown in goal that they did at Wembley we’ll win whatever line up we start with

nah, it’s done, if BvB play the same clown in goal that they did at Wembley we’ll win whatever line up we start with

Burki, I think his name is. I heard that he's been f*cking up nearly every game for Dortmund in the Bundesliga, too.

But that doesn't mean we send out Foyth, Oakley-Boothe and an U-12 player and tell them to win. I want the same lads who looked uninterested (or tired, whatever) against Arsenal to win this one and secure the group.

Burki, I think his name is. I heard that he's been f*cking up nearly every game for Dortmund in the Bundesliga, too.

But that doesn't mean we send out Foyth, Oakley-Boothe and an U-12 player and tell them to win. I want the same lads who looked uninterested (or tired, whatever) against Arsenal to win this one and secure the group.

I’d rather those not fit are left back in the gym to get so and those that need a kick up the arse get one

If we can't go out and beat APOEL at Wembley to secure first place, then we don't have to worry about where we finish in the group.

If we can't beat West Ham when we're 2-0 up at half-time, we don't have to worry about *anything* we do this season.

That logic is faulty, because our players are not machines, and nor are they the sort of serial winners that win everything and get the job done all the time. They're callow. And a *little* fragile and mentally suspect. So unexpected things can definitely happen.

I’d rather those not fit are left back in the gym to get so and those that need a kick up the arse get one

Sure - but if the physios give the green light, they play. No caution needed. Play them, tell them to win and focus on the goddamn game - give a sh*t and win it.

I'd leave Kane and Eriksen in London - Kane because he's clearly carrying his injury and Eriksen because he had two big games for Denmark and then the NLD straight after...I think we can give him a break if Lamela can manage an hour. I'd also give Dier a break, given his England games and then NLD, but shortage of bodies means he'll probably need to travel. I'm assuming Dembele won't be fit. I'd play Dele given his form is really poor at the moment so would play him in the hope that he re-discovers some. This leaves me with:

------------------------Vorm---------------------------

--------------Foyth----Sanchez----Verts--------------
---Aurier---------------------------------------Rose----
-------------------Winks-----Dele--------------------
-------------Son--------------------Lamela-----------
-----------------------Llorente--------------------------

subs: Gazzaniga, KWP, Davies, Dier, Sissoko, GKN, Harrison/Sterling

I think/hope that should be good enough for a point and keep us on course for top spot with a win in the last game

He was not match fit - but he was fit enough to play 75 minutes, so he was probably cleared by the physios. Presumably he needs games to build match fitness. This is a game. Play him. Bring him off when we're 3-0 up and actually in control of the game.

He was fit enough to play 75 minutes at a fraction of his full effectiveness. If it is a matter of match fitness, I would agree with you. If we played him when half fit because we thought we needed him in the NLD, he needs to sit out this game.

I watched a bit of them over the weekend vs. Stuttgart (they lost) and Burki was all over the place. His confidence is shot to hell so we should be shooting from everywhere.

I watched a bit of them over the weekend vs. Stuttgart (they lost) and Burki was all over the place. His confidence is shot to hell so we should be shooting from everywhere.

He was a kid in a rave

I’ve not seen a keeper that can’t read a Amey as bad as him at atop level club

I’d add that the coach also doesn’t have a clue for the level of club he is at and was taken in too early from Ajax

I'll only say that this can go two ways - as a goalie myself, I was always more like Gomes than Lloris. Either brilliant, or awful. And on the days when my confidence was gone because of a bad run of being awful, getting shots blasted at me from all angles was actually something I was in two minds about.

On the one hand, if I saved the first few, then that gave me a whole load of the confidence I had been lacking up to that point, and I ended up being pretty good at saving the rest. So in that sense, it was preferable to waiting all game for the first touch or the first shot, because your nerves grow more and more the longer you have to wait to make that first save, catch or clearance.

On the other hand, if one of the first few crept in, then it destroyed me and I occasionally ended up being hauled off at half time or on the 60-minute mark because my head was gone.

So really, it depends on how Burki responds to the first few. If he lets one in or fumbles one, then it's like blood in the water, and we should press him relentlessly. But if he saves the first few, it might be better to hold back until we get our regular opportunities to score, because low-percentage shots might give him confidence.

I'll only say that this can go two ways - as a goalie myself, I was always more like Gomes than Lloris. Either brilliant, or awful. And on the days when my confidence was gone because of a bad run of being awful, getting shots blasted at me from all angles was actually something I was in two minds about.

On the one hand, if I saved the first few, then that gave me a whole load of the confidence I had been lacking up to that point, and I ended up being pretty good at saving the rest. So in that sense, it was preferable to waiting all game for the first touch or the first shot, because your nerves grow more and more the longer you have to wait to make that first save, catch or clearance.

On the other hand, if one of the first few crept in, then it destroyed me and I occasionally ended up being hauled off at half time or on the 60-minute mark because my head was gone.

So really, it depends on how Burki responds to the first few. If he lets one in or fumbles one, then it's like blood in the water, and we should press him relentlessly. But if he saves the first few, it might be better to hold back until we get our regular opportunities to score, because low-percentage shots might give him confidence.
I hear you but you never know how he is going to react until you test him. Nothing too easy mind but you gotta test his character if you know he's a weak link (like you ;))

I always watch the opposition goalkeeper in warm up to see how he's handling is. If he's dropping them I tell the midfielders to shoot from distance and have our striker follow every shot. It is a bit sneaky but all is fair in love and war.

Last edited:
the best team we can but only with players 100% fit.However bad dortmund appear to have been you can't go half roostered at this level we saw that against the scum.If that means changing the formation then so be it.Maybe we have become a bit predictable with our play.

I hear you but you never know how he is going to react until you test him. Nothing too easy mind but you gotta test his character if you know he's a weak link (like you ;))

I always watch the opposition goalkeeper in warm up to see how he's handling is. If he's dropping them I tell the midfielders to shot from distance and have our striker follow every shot. It is a bit sneaky but all is fair in love and war.

Ha! It's a good strategy, to be fair - eventually, my captain had me do something similar as well, watching how the other bloke was reacting to letting one in in his own routines. Since I knew what shakiness looked like, I could tell better than others if he was trying to hide being nervous or out of it. All's fair, and I never held any grudges on my part when it happened to me. ;)

Mind, if Burki is anything like I was, then he'll also be 100% willing to occasionally leave a stray elbow in when challenging our lads for high balls and strikers unnecessarily following though - just a temporarily painful thump in the ribs now and then, to let us know that he doesn't appreciate the extra attention. I thought that was fair, too - and given that I mostly got away with it, I have to say the ref agreed as well. So, maybe it's better for Kane's health that Burki *isn't* like me. :D

I think Adam B has a great side there, albeit I'd make these changes on the bench

------------------------Vorm---------------------------

--------------Foyth----Sanchez----Verts--------------
---Aurier---------------------------------------Rose----
-------------------Winks-----Dele--------------------
-------------Son--------------------Lamela-----------
-----------------------Llorente--------------------------

subs: Gazzaniga, KWP, Edwards, Dier, Sissoko, GKN, Oakley-Boothe

Back