• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v BVB***

I think Adam B has a great side there, albeit I'd make these changes on the bench

------------------------Vorm---------------------------

--------------Foyth----Sanchez----Verts--------------
---Aurier---------------------------------------Rose----
-------------------Winks-----Dele--------------------
-------------Son--------------------Lamela-----------
-----------------------Llorente--------------------------

subs: Gazzaniga, KWP, Edwards, Dier, Sissoko, GKN, Oakley-Boothe

Lamela can't play this game iirc (not in Champions League squad).

If we can't beat West Ham when we're 2-0 up at half-time, we don't have to worry about *anything* we do this season.

That logic is faulty, because our players are not machines, and nor are they the sort of serial winners that win everything and get the job done all the time. They're callow. And a *little* fragile and mentally suspect. So unexpected things can definitely happen.

Sure - but if the physios give the green light, they play. No caution needed. Play them, tell them to win and focus on the goddamn game - give a sh*t and win it.

Our players aren't machines, yet you want to take a half-fit Kane and make him slog it out on Tuesday after he struggled to do the derby game on Saturday? If you are talking about faulty logic...

The most important game this week is West Brom.

West Ham in the League Cup with a B team isn't the same as a Champions League game with our A team, which is what we'd have against APOEL to top the group. There's no real pressure as we're already through. If we can't get a win in that scenario, then we don't have to worry about finishing 1st or 2nd in the group, because if we can't get the job done against APOEL then it's unlikely we'd get the job done in the knockout stages. But I think we'll beat APOEL no problem.

We can still put a good team out v Dortmund, but we need to look after our players -- especially in a game where, if we lose, it doesn't really change a lot for us. It's a long season, no need to take any risks on the players fitness in this game

We do need some changes but this is Dortmund away in the CL, you don't turn up half assed. We have a golden chance to win the group here, think what that would do for our mentality going forwards. I'd be open to trying a few ideas such as Aurier on the right of a diamond or something as I think Kane should be rested to ensure he's fresh for the next few weeks.

---------------Vorm-------------
----Foyth---Sanchez---Vert-
Aurier--Dier---Winks---Rose
-----Eriksen-----GKN--
-------------Son--------

Counter attack styley

We do need some changes but this is Dortmund away in the CL, you don't turn up half assed. We have a golden chance to win the group here, think what that would do for our mentality going forwards. I'd be open to trying a few ideas such as Aurier on the right of a diamond or something as I think Kane should be rested to ensure he's fresh for the next few weeks.

We can win the group if we just win the last game

It also doesnt really matter about winning the group

I agree Kane should not be risked in a dead rubber

Dortmund will be putting out a strong them.

They will however be playing their suicidal high defensive line again. Peter Bosz will not change his fundamentalist philosophy.

Son has to start upfront for us. Waste of time playing slow Llorente this game will all be about playing balls over the top to run on to.

The problem will be out central midfield. Dembele wont be playing 2 games in a week. Dier will be at centre half again. Sissoko can't keep hold of the ball against a pressing team. I'd drop back Dele Alli there.

----------------Lloris

---------Dier Sanchez Vertonghen

Aurier -Eriksen-Winks-Alli------Rose

---------------Son Kane

fd62bcc9061983eee55d61e60a1a0b3a.jpg

In a short video from the club today I could see Vorm, Gazzaniga, Sanchez, Verts, Davies, KWP, Dele, Kane, Sissoko, Dembele, Dier, Foyth, and Son. Is it Rose in the blue Gilet? It's not KWP, as he was with Dele and didn't wear a Gilet. There was another guy I didn't recognize, maybe Georgiu.
Screenshot_20171120-220635.png

Last edited:
Back