• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v BVB***

In a short video from the club today I could see Vorm, Gazzaniga, Sanchez, Verts, Davies, KWP, Dele, Kane, Sissoko, Dembele, Dier, Foyth, and Son. Is it Rose in the blue Gilet? It's not KWP, as he was with Dele and didn't wear a Gilet. There was another guy I didn't recognize, maybe Georgiu.
View attachment 3791
It might be Rose carrying a bag of donuts.

Our players aren't machines, yet you want to take a half-fit Kane and make him slog it out on Tuesday after he struggled to do the derby game on Saturday? If you are talking about faulty logic...

The most important game this week is West Brom.

West Ham in the League Cup with a B team isn't the same as a Champions League game with our A team, which is what we'd have against APOEL to top the group. There's no real pressure as we're already through. If we can't get a win in that scenario, then we don't have to worry about finishing 1st or 2nd in the group, because if we can't get the job done against APOEL then it's unlikely we'd get the job done in the knockout stages. But I think we'll beat APOEL no problem.

We can still put a good team out v Dortmund, but we need to look after our players -- especially in a game where, if we lose, it doesn't really change a lot for us. It's a long season, no need to take any risks on the players fitness in this game
I agree fully. And it's not just WBA this weekend, it's Leicester mid week followed by Watford the next weekend. We need Alli, Kane and Eriksen fully fit and firing for those games. Eriksen had some tough internationals before the Arsenal game too.

Would add Winks to that list of players we need for those late games too actually. Just back from injury and didn't look fully back to himself when he came on against Arsenal.

An injury to Vertonghen, Dier or Sanchez could be a big blow too. Vertonghen and Eriksen have the most minutes for us this season in the league. Of our attacking players Eriksen has the most minutes overall I think, and he runs a lot in every game. On current form he's more important to us than Alli.

I don't think we should rest all those players. And I wouldn't start a very weakened team. With Wanyama and Alderweireld out and Dembele with his usual issues we don't have a ton of options. Pochettino needs to be smart about rotation though. Getting back to form in the league is crucial.

Aurier, Rose, Son and Llorente should start I think. Add Foyth to Sanchez and Vertonghen at the back, get Dier back into midfield. Leaves two spots in midfield or one in midfield and one up front depending on the formation. Sissoko probably gets one, unless Pochettino has had a change of heart on GKN I'm thinking Alli or Eriksen for the last one. Would be very happy to see Winks start, but 4 games in a week and a half might be asking too much...

Our performances and results have been much better in the CL than league so far this season. We should continue the momentum in the CL, even if we had qualified to the next stage. There is no reason to rest our best players against Dortmund. After all, don't think we have ever benefited from resting players. Since we are playing away, we should give due respect to Dortmund by playing our best players against them. Remember we were humiliated 0-3 by Dortmund in the EL Round of 16 match in 2016. We should be aiming to get revenge for that.

Kane has not been in good form since returning from injury. He should use this match to get back his goal scoring boots. A goal against one of the big teams of Europe will boost his confidence. Hope he will play and score in this match. Alli did well to score 2 goals against Real Madrid. It will help our cause if he can score in this match as well. Others like Son and Eriksen can help us by stepping up their game as well.

Our midfield have not been very consistent this season due to injuries to Wanyama and Dembele. Dembele badly looks out of form since returning as well. Wish Lamela can play in this match. Without him, we have to hope the likes of Sissoko can lift their game against Dortmund. We are lacking of creativity in recent match. Let's hope Eriksen can create many goal scoring chances for our attacks in this match.

Our defence had a bad game against Arsenal. With Alderweireld still out injured, our options are limited in defence. Foyth doesn't look very convincing so far. So, Vertonghen, Sanchez and Dier need to have error-free match in defence. They should not get too ambitious like Alderweireld who got injured trying to score against Real Madrid. They should avoid giving away any freekicks near our goal. Will prefer Lloris to start in goal. But if Vorm or Gazzaniga does start, hope they will have a good match in goal.

It is great that we have already qualified to the next stage of CL. It will be even better if we can go into the knockout stage in winning form. To do that, we need to beat Dortmund in this match. Hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to overcome Dortmund.

Everybody dance now!

It is going to be a tense match. Can see Dortmund being fired up to get revenge for the defeat at Wembley. It will help us greatly if we can get an early goal like we did at Wembley. Let's hope we will step up our game and beat Dortmund to prove to the football world that our earlier wins are not fluke.

I would only play fit players - and ideally rest anyone not essential against West Brom:

....................Vorm.......................

Aurier.....Sanchez....Foyth........Rose

Sissoko.....Dier......Dembele..... GKN

................Son.....Llorente..........

That team has half a chance of a draw at least and gives some much needed game time to our fringe players.

Pace out wide, Llorente for aerial prowess and the speed of Son for balls over the top or knockdowns. This team has a solid look (depending on Foyth stepping up) and with Dier and Dembele in midfield should offer some protection.

Last edited:
I'm ok with Llorente starting if we have lots of pace in midfield to feed of his knockdowns. I don't see the need for Vorm to start though, goalkeepers don't generally need a rest.

In light of Lamela's absence I would revise the team to the below:

Vorm
Walker-Peters, Aurier, Foyth, Rose
Son, Oakley-Boothe, Sissoko, Edwards, Nkoudou
Llorente

Interesting to look at this situation from a Dortmund perspective.

They've have four losses and a draw in their last five league games and have fallen into fifth place. On Saturday, they host their version of the NLD, the bitter Ruhr derby against neighbours Schalke, who have, improbably, crawled up to second place, three points ahead of Dortmund, mostly winning four and drawing once in their last five against lesser sides.

That is a massive must-win game for Dortmund.

Win that, and they peg back the Sausage Eaters after their worst run of form in years. Lose that, and they are in serious crisis mode. Dortmund players have already said they aren't interested in playing Europa league. They'd rather drop right out of Europe now and focus on domestic success.

So it shapes up as a bit of a weird contest with neither side really needing to win this game. But, if you want to play the long game, it might be no big worry to run out a second string group tonight and give Dortmund a chance to win. They'll likely take third and play Europa league. Rather see them in Arsenal's way in that competition than Apoel.

I think if we can avoid playing any players that arent fully fit then I would rest them as the next 5 league games before City are all winnable and would keep us right up there when we play City

Champions League
BVB Dortmund v. Tottenham
21 Nov 19:45 - SIGNAL IDUNA PARK

French referee Clément Turpin will get the match at Dortmund Stadium under way at 7.45pm (GMT), the now traditional start time for Champions League fixtures. Turpin, incidentally, will be joined by compatriots Nicolas Danos and Cyril Gringore who will be running the lines while Hicham Zakrani will be fourth official.

"Everybody thinks we can't win tomorrow because it's such a bad phase.

"But maybe we can have a good match tomorrow and turn it around a bit. We have to see it also as a chance, that's how we approach the match.

"Of course there's irritation within the team, we are without a win in five straight matches in the Bundesliga... there is irritation.

"When you work for a club as big as Dortmund, you need to win against Stuttgart. I understand that. But I feel from the people I work with, they support us and they support me."

Borussia Dortmund coach Peter Bosz

"Now we have to keep going and get ready for Borussia Dortmund. Okay, we're already in the next stage of the competition but we want to win and try to change the feeling we have from the weekend.

"It's always important to compete and to be focused on the next game and when you lose, it's important to play as soon as possible to change that feeling.

"The expectation now is that we win the Champions League and Premier League and I am happy with the pressure and the criticism.

"It means people expect more of us. We know very well we have improved in every single aspect."

Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino

Borussia Dortmund to win:Evens
Draw: 11/4
Tottenham Hotspur to win: 5/2

The Yellow-Blacks suffered a third defeat in four matches at Stuttgart on Friday, but Peter Bosz’s side will be boosted by the return of star striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, who was left out of the squad for the defeat at the Mercedes-Benz Arena. Christian Pulisic also missed that game due a muscle complaint, and is set to be sidelined on Tuesday too, with the USA starlet taking no part in training on Monday. Centre-backs Sokratis Papastathopoulos and Ömer Toprak are rated as doubtful with rib and knee injuries respectively.

Spurs duo Toby Alderweireld and Victor Wanyama remain long-term absentees, but England internationals Harry Kane and Delle Alli are both expected to start after playing 75 minutes of Saturday’s 2-0 defeat to North London rivals Arsenal. Mauricio Pochettino’s charges, who have already sealed their place in the last 16 of the competition, will secure top spot in the group if they match Real’s result in Cyprus.

Match stats

• Aubameyang has scored 15 goals in all competitions for Dortmund this season, including one in the Champions League.
    • Dortmund have reached the knockout stages of the tournament in four of the last five seasons (as well as the Europa League quarter-finals in 2015/16).
    • Pulisic became Dortmund’s youngest ever Champions League player when he featured in BVB’s 6-0 victory over Legia Warsaw on 14 September 2016 - four days before his 18th birthday.
    • Pulisic chalked up yet another milestone on 8 March 2017 when he found the net in a 4-0 last 16 victory over Benfica, becoming the youngest Borussia player ever to score in the competition.
    • Bosz’s troops have only won once since September - against Magdeburg in the second round of the DFB Cup.
    • Kane has scored 17 goals in his last 14 appearances for club and country.

In the UK, the match will be available to watch live on television on BT Sport 3 and by stream via the BT Sport app.

In the US, the match will be available to watch live on television on FS2 and by stream via Fox Sports Go.

Rest of the world:
Doc2.jpg

Last edited:
25/11 West Brom H
28/11 Leicester A
02/12 Watford A
09/12 Stoke H
13/12 Brigton H
16/12 City A

23/12 Burnley A

Tough stretch. Not that we can't win the majority, but all the away games will be demanding tests, particularly the last two.

* - Now imagine if we'd beaten West Ham in the Caravan Cup. We'd be playing away to Arsenal on Tuesday, Dec. 19.

Back