• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund - first leg***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Borussia DortmundVerified account‏@BVB
.@SpursOfficial It’s London calling and Dortmund answering. We’re looking forward to welcoming you to the German capital of football.
1f49b.png
26bd.png

Striking-wise, I'd like to see Harry rested but we need an away goal or two, so I'd like to see three 'strikers'.

I'd go Chadlie to start, with Son & Harrison on the bench.

I'm really looking forward to these two legs, I just hope that we give a good account of ourselves whatever team Poch decides to field.

I have mixed feelings about progression though and I am sure I am not alone, still all we can do is try to beat what is put in front of us and go from there.

really looking forward to this, the PL is obviously a bit non standard this season, this tie could give us real indicator of exactly what we are

Am slightly concerned about Alli and more so Dier though. A good point raised in the F365 mailbox this morning. Dier will have played more minutes this season than he ever has, and although his conditioning might be fine the potential is there for the mental fatigue to start wearing.

Hopefully Bentaleb/Carroll/Mason can fill in against Dortmund and do a good enough job, although I am concerned that neither really has Dier's defensive nous. It would just be good to give Dier a couple game break I think.

GB is right though. If we don't beat Villa we in no way deserve to be considered champions league finishers let alone potential champions. Our back ups should destroy them.

I've been watching football for 50+ years and it is littered with so called "easy games" drawn and even lost.

Aston Villa 0-0 Emirates Marketing Project Sun 8 Nov
Aston Villa 1-1 West Ham Sat 26 Dec
Aston Villa 1-1 Leicester Sat 16 Jan
and
Aston Villa 1-0 Crystal Palace Tue 12 Jan

No easy games

There's no way Poch is gonna go to Dortmund and play a severely weakened line up.
He'll play the best team he thinks for doing the job. And that might mean Son's pace instead of Kane.

Lloris
Walker Alderweireld Wimmer Davies
Dier Mason
Lamela Dembele Eriksen
Son

Agree with that 11 for Dortmund. Maybe swap mason/dembele positions

For Villa

Lloris
Trippier Toby Wimmer Davies/Rose
Carroll Mason/Dembele
Son Eriksen Chadli
Kane

Dier - week off
Alli- 11 days off

Am slightly concerned about Alli and more so Dier though. A good point raised in the F365 mailbox this morning. Dier will have played more minutes this season than he ever has, and although his conditioning might be fine the potential is there for the mental fatigue to start wearing.

Hopefully Bentaleb/Carroll/Mason can fill in against Dortmund and do a good enough job, although I am concerned that neither really has Dier's defensive nous. It would just be good to give Dier a couple game break I think.

1 more yellow and he'll get a 2 game break anyway.

What i'm hoping is we go all Fergie when the international break come up.

Vorm
Trippier, Carter-Vickers, Wimmer, Davies
Bentaleb, Mason,
Onomah, Winks, Chadli
Harrison

A perfectly decent Eurovision Football Contest team.

Vorm
Trippier, Carter-Vickers, Wimmer, Davies
Bentaleb, Mason,
Onomah, Winks, Chadli
Harrison

A perfectly decent Eurovision Football Contest team.

If we were England competing at the Eurovision, yes. Thankfully we're not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back