• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund - first leg***

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are at the business end of the season and we have to act like it; all the talk of sending "the youth" is silly imo given the magnitude of the match and the team we are playing.
At this stage of the season momentum is key - just ask Arsenal fans.
If we lose the game we have to lose it un such a way that still puts us in with a chance of going through in our home leg next week. So a 2-1 or a 3-2; basically a loss that stil puts the club in a proud and competetive light (and makes the media REALLY respect us and our position in the PL table).

If we lose whilst also looking brick it will make it look like we are in a false position (remember Dortmund are also 2nd and 5 points off top) and all that momentum and respsct we have built up over the season will potentially go up in smoke ("bottlers", "they're tired", "when the going gets tough they've shown they aren't up to it" etc etc).

We NEED to be comptetitive in BOTH the league and this competition; get past Dortmund and we can REALLY start thiking about actually winning this imo.

So based on that (and also that we have Villa on sunday) i would like us to pick a reasonably strong side:

Lloris
Walker, Alderwiereld, Wimmer, Davies (Can he play? Didn't he get two yellows in the Fiorentina games??)
Dier Dembele Mason
Lamela Kane Eriksen

My reasoning: we need to have lots of energy in the centre and perhaps 3 in their will keep things solid, especially with their very GHod front line. Dembele has only just come back but even if he can only last 60/70 minutes his power alongside Mason and Dier's aggression is essential away imo. Dembele can have a rest vs Vila and we can bring him on in secid half if neccesary. Eriksen is really playing with a lot of energy and i want us to tap into it before he gets a rest vs Villa (again we can bring him on from the bench vs Villa if neccesary). Eriksen seems very suited to an away game in Europe and playing closer to Kane in a front 3 could be fruitful when we attack. Lamela is our top scorer in Europe so gets in over Chadli (who i think should start vs Villa).

I think we can get a 1-1 draw or even a 2-1 win if we are sharp...as long as we don't lose by more than one goal it will be a GHod result imo.

COYS

GB is right though. If we don't beat Villa we in no way deserve to be considered champions league finishers let alone potential champions. Our back ups should destroy them.

I think they are the worst EPL side I've seen since Paul Jewell's Derby team a couple of years ago. Worse than Redknapp's QPR.

Click on the link and find myself in some alternate universe where Damien Hirst or Tracy Emin, or another hard-up millionaire member of the YBAs, has turned our OMT into a conceptual art form. Seriously there is abstract and then there is abstract... this is worse than a Duchamp urinal or a plastic Cicciolina by Koons. This stinking pile of ordure should be in the White Cube gallery rather than gracing the webpages of our beloved forum.

Oh, and it's not very good, either. (I couldn't even find the kick-off time.)

Click on the link and find myself in some alternative universe where Damien Hirst or Tracy Emin, or another hard-up millionaire member of the YBAs, has turned our OMT into a conceptual art form. Seriously there is abstract and then there is abstract... this is worse than a Duchamp urinal or a plastic Cicciolina by Koons. This stinking pile of ordure should be in the White Cube gallery rather than gracing the webpages of our beloved forum.

It really is a complete disgrace of an OMT..such things seem to have become a badge of honour around here.
#DISGUSTED

Click on the link and find myself in some alternate universe where Damien Hirst or Tracy Emin, or another hard-up millionaire member of the YBAs, has turned our OMT into a conceptual art form. Seriously there is abstract and then there is abstract... this is worse than a Duchamp urinal or a plastic Cicciolina by Koons. This stinking pile of ordure should be in the White Cube gallery rather than gracing the webpages of our beloved forum.

Philistine!

I think they are the worst EPL side I've seen since Paul Jewell's Derby team a couple of years ago. Worse than Redknapp's QPR.

I think that they are certainly the worst team we will face between now and the end of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back