• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munchen - Audi Cup Final***

Tanganga is looking pretty good - third game in a row he's impressed me.

I'd like to see him loaned out to a Championship side willing to play out from the back - see what he's capable of. If he takes to it, we can use him as one of the main group of CBs next season.

Agreed. Not sure who posted it - but I think its likely he has put himself ahead of CCV in the pecking order as well.

Thatll be another £10m coming in from a Championship club.

Really like Tanganga, predominantly because he seems to have Ledleys temperament. Doesnt get flustered, stays calm, does his job (well).

Of course its not competitive football, but even half speed he has performed against Lewandowski, Muller, Sanches... and looked good.

The key for me when watching young players is whether or not they look like they belong.

I think all of ours have over pre season. White looked a little out of his depth, but grew into the game - and then I hear commentary saying he is only 17, amazing really.

Other than Tanganga, Skipp is the one for me. He looks like a man playing football now, no longer a boy. Very impressed by him and think we will be seeing him in the first team a lot more this season.

Re Skipp, I hate the comparisons to Winks, some saying he’s already better and more effective, completely ludicrous! Skipp does look very promising though, like you mention there, he’s playing like he belongs to be in the squad not just a kid giving it a go. Nice penalty as well, showed good temperament and cahones.

Hope he gets plenty of games this season.

So that’s three yes’s.

Rules are there for a reason... @milo
Three yes’s but a no from the head judge...you’re through to boot camp!

Personally I hope you make it through to judges houses and confirm if Scara really does have a moat!

Do we get any £ from the gate receipts and for winning this? Trying to think why the teams would choose to generate cash for Bayern Munich’s coffers otherwise.

Didn’t realise we were in it on 2015!!! First English winners!

4263ADE0-E3A6-4EC0-9676-477AE80DBEEB.jpeg

Three yes’s but a no from the head judge...you’re through to boot camp!

Personally I hope you make it through to judges houses and confirm if Scara really does have a moat!
I just hope I get rid of the tiny monochrome avi which makes no sense to anyone.

I liked the initial colourful happy Jurgen Klopp one.

But obviously a dress wearing chimp with a gun is the people’s top choice.

Other than Tanganga, Skipp is the one for me. He looks like a man playing football now, no longer a boy. Very impressed by him and think we will be seeing him in the first team a lot more this season.

I have been very impressed by both of them and they look at ease at this level, early days of course but they both have the composure which is a good sign in young players.

Do we get any £ from the gate receipts and for winning this? Trying to think why the teams would choose to generate cash for Bayern Munich’s coffers otherwise.

I expect there is some monetary gain, but the real thing for me is the level of competition.

This summer our pre season is Juve, Man U, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Inter Milan.

How is that for preparation!?

2008 we played:
Tavernes, Denia, Hercules (all Spanish training camp), Norwich, Leyton Orient, then off to Holland for a tournament with Celtic and Dortmund, then Roma for our last game.

I literally just plucked "What were we doing 10 years ago?" - turns out we won every game then went on for a famous 2 points in 8 games start to the season....

I genuinely think fewer, higher quality games, is a much better way of doing things.

I also think the experience of it for the kids in the group will be priceless. As I said above, even at half speed the quality of the opposition is notable

I just hope I get rid of the tiny monochrome avi which makes no sense to anyone.

I liked the initial colourful happy Jurgen Klopp one.

But obviously a dress wearing chimp with a gun is the people’s top choice.

I could crop it for you, so that people can see Dodd in all his glory.

I hadn't thought of giving you an avatar of a spotless house with everything in the right place.
3b307719cab28b8edacc081df0edd148.jpg

I expect there is some monetary gain, but the real thing for me is the level of competition.

This summer our pre season is Juve, Man U, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Inter Milan.

I also think the experience of it for the kids in the group will be priceless. As I said above, even at half speed the quality of the opposition is notable

It also takes the edge of playing against certain teams/players, for Spurs to play any of those teams in preseason or actual competitions was rare. Look at the names of clubs we have played in the last 2-3 seasons, can't be anything but good for the players feeling more comfortable at elite level.

Re the players

- Lloris, Toby, Jan, Rose, Sissoko -> as expected
- Nice surprise -> N'dombele (looks the part), Kane (looked over the injury/fatigue), Lamela (can he just stay fit), Lucas (form looks to continue), Tanganga (never looked out of place)
- Good but can still see the work needed -> Winks (ducks at the inevitable), Foyth, KWP, Skipp, Troy
- The other never embarrassed themselves but do seem a way off regular place.

Son and Dele looked a bit of their best form, perhaps I was hoping for a bit more .. but important players for us either way.

It also takes the edge off playing against certain teams/players...can't be anything but good for the players feeling more comfortable at elite level.

Agreed. Nowadays if we are drawn away against Bayern or Real or Juve or whomever, we can take it in stride and think "we beat those guys recently, I've played them a few times" rather than thinking "ooh mummy that sounds daunting, let's hope we don't get pummelled".

Back