• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Aston Villa***

I think we should go all in to win the fa cup. We haven't won anything in ages, and it's there for the taking. Not many matches needed to win, and a lot of clubs not taking it too seriously.

1991 was the last time we won this cup. It's quite unbelievable considering we're one of the very few teams that have stayed in the top division since then. We haven't even been in a final since 1991.

I'd happily surrender a top four finish if it meant us win a trophy.

Get in, I say! Win the cup, win the cup, win the cup!

A man after my own heart, we need to start winning things and we should go all out on Sunday to do just that. Ever since i started watching football the two biggest days of the season for me have been the opening game and 3rd round day.

We should easily be able to rest a lot of our players for this one. I want us to prioritize on of the cups. Be it the FA Cup or the Europa League. But if we can use a weakened team in some games then im all up for it.

For me I would go with this team:

-----------------Vorm-------------------

Trippier----Toby----Wimmer---Davies

------------------Dier-----------------------
----------------------Winks-----------------

---Son--------Sissoko---------N'koudou
----------------Janssen--------------------

Id play Toby and Dier as they need some games. And the rest have all seen first team action so are not un tried.

Bench I would have most of our recognized players in case we need them. Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Dembele, Etc

We should easily be able to rest a lot of our players for this one. I want us to prioritize on of the cups. Be it the FA Cup or the Europa League. But if we can use a weakened team in some games then im all up for it.

Id play Toby and Dier as they need some games. And the rest have all seen first team action so are not un tried.

Bench I would have most of our recognized players in case we need them. Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Dembele, Etc

Agree. Would pretty well go with this although don't expect to see Dembele on the bench. Possibly Edwards (if fit) or Harrison instead.

Just because we could play a reserve team on Sunday doesn't mean we are binning off the competition. We should have a little faith in our squad players, it's Villa at home and they are phucking sh1t. If (when) we get through, we can evaluate the next opponent and pick the team accordingly. This draw lets us have our cake and eat it, imo.

Vorm - Lots of Premier League experience.
Trippier - Prem and Champions League experience, 2 assists in his last start.
CCV - promising youngster.
Wimmer - League and international experience. Started the NLD this season.
Davies - League and international experience.
Winks - most promising emerging talent in the squad (not counting Alli as 'emerging').
Onomah - promising youngster, NEEDS games (if not early round of the cup against lower league opposition, then when?)
Sissoko - £30m signing, plenty of Premier League and international experience.
Son - £20m signing, plenty of Premier League and international experience.
GKN - promising squad player, needs game time,
Janssen - £17m signing, needs game time.

It's not like we are sending out the under 18's, most of that side have started league or champions league games for us this season.

*edit* and if we start one or two stronger players to supplement that side, I wouldn't be against that either (eg Toby for CCV, Dier for Onomah).

Just because we could play a reserve team on Sunday doesn't mean we are binning off the competition. We should have a little faith in our squad players, it's Villa at home and they are phucking sh1t. If (when) we get through, we can evaluate the next opponent and pick the team accordingly. This draw lets us have our cake and eat it, imo.

Winks - most promising emerging talent in the squad (not counting Alli as 'emerging').
Onomah - promising youngster, NEEDS games (if not early round of the cup against lower league opposition, then when?)

It's not like we are sending out the under 18's, most of that side have started league or champions league games for us this season.

*edit* and if we start one or two stronger players to supplement that side, I wouldn't be against that either (eg Toby for CCV, Dier for Onomah).

I think that CCV and Wimmer aren't ready to partner each other in central defence and it is asking too much of Winks and Onomah to do the same in midfield.

I am in favour of resting players on Sunday but I think that you need a mentor alongside a kid in defensive positions.

Last edited:
I think that CCV and Wimmer aren't ready to partner each other in central defence and it is asking too much of Winks and Onomah to do the same in midfield.

I am in favour of resting players on Sunday but I think that you need a mentor alongside a kid in defensive positions.

I'd agree, thinking about it, starting Toby and Dier makes sense. Toby and Wimmer played about 8 (?) games together last season anyway. Toby alone would probably be enough to compensate for a Winks/Onomah partnership in midfield, but I wouldn't be against Dier starting in there either.

Last edited by a moderator:

I would also add 'international experience' against Janssen In your list.
That just illustrates that there is still a lot of strength in our second string. Of course it doesn't mean you can throw them all together and it clicks immediately, but if we want to keep decent back up options at the club, allow those on the fringe to keep match sharpness, as well give opportunities for players like Winks and Onomah (and maybe CCV) to continue their development and gain valuable first team experience, then these games are ideal. A mix of peripheral experience with one or two youngsters should be enough to see us through.

I'd agree, thinking about it, starting Toby and Dier makes sense. Toby and Wimmer played about 8 (?) games together last season anyway. Toby alone would probably be enough to compensate for a Winks/Onomah partnership in midfield, but I wouldn't be against Dier starting in there either.

Maybe Toby/Wimmer with Dier/Winks in midfield. With Onomah starting further forward. I'd be looking to make changes pretty early if we are a couple up.

Pretty much this. The bench should be ready to bail that side out if we're not in front by half-time.

The Villa fans are even more excited than we are:
Utterly pointless match

Play the kids

I'd play our reserves anyway, hope they do likewise and that we don't get charged with fielding a weakened side.

I wouldn't be surprised if we play the ones we're trying to replace in this one. We probably should.

Couldn't care less.

A cup run might be nice but it looks like we will have a tough job just making the playoffs so it's just a hindrance.

Spurs will score some goals. We won't. Waste of time and money and the 1st away match I'm gonna miss in a good while. Out of choice too.

I really couldn't care less about this match.

Play a weakened team.

Share some minutes around and hope we don't get embarrassed too much.

Play Gardner and Westwood again. I want these cowards pulled up and shamed on national TV.

There isn't a person on the planet that gives a brick about this match is there?

Can we just not turn up and forfeit? There's really no point.

Astonishingly, it's been chosen for TV, so somebody must care. Spurs fans I can only imagine!

So if it wasn't going to be tough enough, the spurs fan mike dean is the ref.

unbelievable. Corrupt fa

Gutted that this is on TV. I've pretty much escaped mockery this season as hardly anyone I know follows anything other than the Premier League. Returning to the forefront of public humiliation with a spanking on BBC, great stuff.

Well i know what game i won't be watching

At least 4-0. We'll have about 20% possession and be a complete embarrassment, showing how far behind we've fallen. Can't be over soon enough.

Can we forfeit?

Even By fielding a team we will practically do this naturally

I mostly agree and although I thinks he's on his way out Tom Carroll alongside Winks gives more balance to that team.

Usually use the Victoria line to get to Spurs looks like it's going to be a bit busy after with no tube and extra using WHL and Northumberland Park stations.

Also, for a bit of perspective on the level of opposition, Villa are 12th in the Championship and 8th in the form table (last 8 matches). For away games, they are ranked 16th in The Championship. They have scored the lowest number of away goals in The Championship (7 goals in 13 games).

Also, for a bit of perspective on the level of opposition, Villa are 12th in the Championship and 8th in the form table (last 8 matches). For away games, they are ranked 16th in The Championship. They have scored the lowest number of away goals in The Championship (7 goals in 13 games).

Upturn in form under Bruce, though.

Upturn in form under Bruce, though.

Yeah, but they almost couldn't get any worse. Before Bruce, they played 11 league games and had 1 win!

Since then, 14 league games: P14 W7 D4 L3. Much better under Bruce, 1.78 points per game (which would currently be good enough for 6th place over the course of the season).

Also (under Bruce) 7 away games (league): P7 W2 D2 L3 (1.14 points per away game, bumps them up to 13th in the 'away' league table if replicated over the season so far).

Back