• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Aston Villa***

If we get a lucky draw then we may win this competition, but unless we had nothing else to play for, it will never be in our list of priorities.

I have a feeling he will field something like:

Vorm
Trippier Alderweireld Wimmer Davies
Dier Winks
Sissoko Son Nkoudou
Janssen

If he's really feeling adventurous maybe he will give Dier and Alderweireld a break and play CCV and Onomah/Carroll.

We don't have a mid week game so should be able to field a strong side and only rest those who need a break. The FA Cup has the easiest schedule of the competition we are in and with a bit of luck in the draw should be winnable with our squad. I think we would have problems if we did well in both cups as the fixture pile up and travelling will take a toll on the players.

There are also 9 games to win the EL from here on in compared to 6 (possibly more with replays) with the FA Cup. Plus we have to play Sundays in the EL which puts pressure on us playing catch up as we did last season with Leicester.
But the EL, if won, brings a CL place. The FA Cup does bring a lovely day out at Wenbley, and those old enough to remember have had some of our best Spurs times seeing that trophy dangling the blue and white ribbons being lifted by our skipper.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT for those attending the match on Sunday.

Not intended to provoke rants and raves about the rights and wrongs of unions/strikes etc.:

[Tube] Station staff who are union members are currently planning to strike from 18.00 this Sunday 8 January for 24 hours. If the strike action goes ahead, we expect Tube services to be severely reduced on Sunday evening and all day Monday 9 January.
We will run as many services as possible, but most Zone 1 Tube stations will be closed and there would be no service on either the Victoria or Waterloo & City lines. We will run additional bus and river services, but buses, roads and rail services are expected to be much busier than usual, particularly those bus routes serving major interchange stations.

This was the situation as of an email from TFL yesterday. Still time for it to be cancelled I suppose.

I'm leaning towards wanting a loss. Knocking out Leicester last season put us at a disadvantage, not to mention having a replay.

If we play a rotated team, then its fine right? And these players need games. Or is it? The preparation is crucial imo. If the management team are focused on this game, it will divert their attention from the league and EL - both more attractive competitions at this stage.

Ideally, Poch would have a promising reserve team coach give everything to this game, prep it and subsequent games with a massive desire to win it. Get the rotated team prepared, psyched etc. In short a 'rotated manager' who can work closely with Poch.

Last edited:
If we get a lucky draw then we may win this competition, but unless we had nothing else to play for, it will never be in our list of priorities.

I have a feeling he will field something like:

Vorm
Trippier Alderweireld Wimmer Davies
Dier Winks
Sissoko Son Nkoudou
Janssen

If he's really feeling adventurous maybe he will give Dier and Alderweireld a break and play CCV and Onomah/Carroll.

It should be higher, Arsenal managed to win it twice in a row despite it not being the highest priority for them.

If we put out mostly second string, but they can play with the intensity, focus and clamness of the first XI - we will.

Winning is a habit I like, a lot. Let's win this.

I'm leaning towards wanting a loss. Knocking out Leicester last season put us at a disadvantage, not to mention having a replay.

If we are looking to have our squad rested in the most efficient manner, how about we pull out of every competition we're in? Also limits injury risks to day to day accidents.

Same discussion on every cup OMT I guess so a bit dull but seriously, 2008 keeps on getting further and further back somehow, think it's something to do with the natural progression of time, perhaps we might ought to win something to be considered a serious football team no?

They got some favourable draws. Only remember them having to go to Old Trafford once.

If you can get some decent easy fixtures early on through to maybe the quarters or semis then it starts to become important.

Last year we got an easy draw but fecked up at home to Palace, who went on to reach the final.

We don't have a mid week game so should be able to field a strong side and only rest those who need a break. The FA Cup has the easiest schedule of the competition we are in and with a bit of luck in the draw should be winnable with our squad. I think we would have problems if we did well in both cups as the fixture pile up and travelling will take a toll on the players.
I think there's a benefit to bring able to give some of our starters a slightly extended break from games if we rest them in this one. Might help keep them fresher later this season. This is possibly the last such chance we'll have this season.

I think there's a benefit to bring able to give some of our starters a slightly extended break from games if we rest them in this one. Might help keep them fresher later this season. This is possibly the last such chance we'll have this season.
They've just had a break!

It should be higher, Arsenal managed to win it twice in a row despite it not being the highest priority for them.
For me It becomes a priority if we progress through 2, 3 or 4 rounds playing a somewhat weakened team. Same as the EL. Gradually becoming a priority.

We can't really prioritize between the two competitions heavily at this stage as a single round knocks us out anyway. And the games in those competitions aren't yet anywhere near each other.

I also think there's a potential value in continuing to give game time to some of our squad and young players. This might be very helpful later in the league season.

Finally we have a squad set up for CL football. I find it really strange that we shouldn't use that squad in this cop game being out of the CL.

Back