• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Aston Villa***

Really? early 80s when they had their golden 3 years was probably the last time they were noticeably better than us. They are a big club - in the same way Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds are big cubs to me but I genuinely can't think of any time post 1985 when I was envious of Villa or their fans.
I was envious when they had Ehiogu and Southgate as a solid centre back pairing. Whenever that was. I thought they were finished, then they both went to Boro and did well for years, whilst we persevered with the likes of Perry, Tony Gardner, Ricardo Rocha, Alton Thelwell, et al.

I was envious when they had Ehiogu and Southgate as a solid centre back pairing. Whenever that was. I thought they were finished, then they both went to Boro and did well for years, whilst we persevered with the likes of Perry, Tony Gardner, Ricardo Rocha, Alton Thelwell, et al.

yep - mid 90s under Brian Little. Pretty sure they finished 3rd with Ehiogu, Southgate and 1 more playing in a back 3? They were pretty successful up until about 97/98ish (I think once they'd spent a shedload on Collymore it didn't go according to plan).

Satisfied with this win but not happy with the performance. We have never been convincing in the Cups whenever we make many changes. And so it continued yet again. Never thought we would struggle like this against a mid table Championship team like Villa. We didn't even have any shots on target until the 2nd half. We even needed a rare goal by Davies to overcome them. We need to do much better than this if we want to go all the way to win the FA Cup this season.

Due credit to Davies and Son for the goals and Nkoudou and Sissoko for the assists. It was a well-taken back header by Davies to score his first ever goal for us. For our second goal, it was virtually tap-in goal by Son after being set up by Sissoko, But really wish Janssen had managed to get 1 of the goals. Instead he didn't make any impact and was rightly replaced in the 2nd half. He was very down when being replaced and it is going to affect him further. Have to feel sorry for Janssen but after this performance, not sure if he can be a success at Spurs.

Our midfield were not fully convincing. It was always risky playing inexperienced Wimmer and Dier in midfield. Fortunately, Villa were very poor. Alli boosted the team when he came on. Thought both Nkoudou and Sissoko had good games as they created both our goals. This games shows Nkoudou deserves to play ahead of Onomah who again didn't have any impact when he came on. Sissoko created the goal for Son but I think he needs to score as well.

Our defence didn't have much to do. But it was important we kept the clean sheet. I think we would have been under pressure had Villa scored. Thought Vorm had a good game as he was error-free. Thought Davies had a poor game in defence but he still scored our important first goal. It was nice to see Wimmer playing but he and Carter-Vickers were not fully tested by Villa.

It was not a convincing performance but glad we won and progressed. Hope we will play much better in the next round against Wycombe Wanderers.

Back